Game 28: Russia vs Wales

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
Wish i had watched this game rather than the other.. Well fecking done, Wales!

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
So fecking chuffed. Quality performance, irregardless of how shite Russia were. Did the business in attack and defence.

Allen, Bale and Ramsey were fantastic.

TOGETHER STRONGER :angel:;)

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
So Wales are likely playing third team from group D (will be Turkey or Czech Republic) or third team from C (should be Northern Ireland). I would fancy them against all.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Feck it I'm jumping ship to Wales....it's alright my uncles Welsh so I can.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
And Löw had the cheek to single out Wales as the ones to benefit from the format change! Must say I love supporting United but being the underdogs feels awesome when it comes off! Well done Wales, wasn't expecting to get out of the group but the spirit we showed was amazing! Just a shame the game plan didn't quite work against England!

CYMRU AM BYTH!!!

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
So Wales are likely playing third team from group D (will be Turkey or Czech Republic) or third team from C (should be Northern Ireland). I would fancy them against all.
Still a chance of Hungary, Croatia (Win for Cze vs Tur and Spa vs Cro would have them level) and Albania, as well?

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Fancy Wales to get to the quarter finals. Not a certainty but think it likely.

Coleman's doing a really good job. It certainly doesn't hurt having someone like Bale but plenty of nations have had one bloody good player and not been able to turn that into being a good team.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Me too butt! :D Haha.

Get the feck in there Wales, just gutted it wasn't on bbc to watch linekar and shearer squirming after being so smug last week
Time for a celebratory pint or twelve lol, work is going to be tough tomorrow

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Congrats Wales - great achievement and despite the endless Bale hype, I feel this is more down to a tremendous team spirit surpassing the sum of its parts.

Benfiquista!

Supports
S.L. Benfica
I'd love a Wales Portugal final :) bale vs Ronalo :drool:
Portugal in the Final? :lol:

Seriously though, I'm not sure if I would like Portugal to be a finalist. Nearly everything about the national team is unlikeable, at the moment. Much rather see a passionate team like Italy and, as you mentioned, Wales.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Portugal in the Final? :lol:

Seriously though, I'm not sure if I would like Portugal to be a finalist. Nearly everything about the national team is unlikeable, at the moment. Much rather see a passionate team like Italy and, as you mentioned, Wales.
But Portugal Wales would piss off England fans so much :lol:

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Russia were absolutely clueless. Slow and predictable in attack, outnumbered and outpaced in defence. Ramsey was everywhere, Allen, Bale and Williams were all great. Loved when they played "ole" at some point :lol: Russia didn't deserve anything in this tournament.

I feel a little like johnowhite impersonator, cheering for the opposing team on a sympathetic forum :lol: As a Russian fan for 125 years...

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Anybody worked out who Wales are likely to get next? it's a minefield trying to look at the possible fixtures

redshaw

How does a nation of 3 million beat a nation of 140 million, Putin?

The Russian Bear dominated by Wales, England and Slovakia.

redspoony

I'd give anything to be out in France now.

I was at the Romania and Russia games and it looked like we'd never do anything of note.

The turnaround is sensational.

andy0

Similar ground to this, Grays Athletic says Dean Saunders, last time Neil Taylor scored

:lol:

Benfiquista!

Supports
S.L. Benfica
But Portugal Wales would piss off England fans so much :lol:
Indeed! :drool:

I imagine, after finishing below Wales, England losing on penalties against us. :D

But as I said, Portugal's National Team, or should I say Mendes FC, currently disgusts me. I would probably end up cheering for Wales.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!

DenisIrwin

Thanks, don't mind the sound of those, Czech Republic could be tough for us.

Not sure if that was aimed at me, I'm Welsh by the way, not sure why it doesn't say my location by my user name

Welsh = Foriegner (at least, way back). It's high time for an official name change to be internationalised: Cymru.

andy0

Hee hee, I just remembered Comic Relief

Gareth Bale told Jack Whitehall to support Wales

He was right, says this English fan

Last edited: