Television Game of Thrones (TV) • The watch has ended

Zen

Yeah I'm skipping this thread entirely. Talk about fussy. One mention of "book" and people get uptight....despite the fact that just because one book is his favourite doesn't mean it'd be others favourites, same with the show. No spoilers or anything and he gets jumped on.

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
Yeah I'm skipping this thread entirely. Talk about fussy. One mention of "book" and people get uptight....despite the fact that just because one book is his favourite doesn't mean it'd be others favourites, same with the show. No spoilers or anything and he gets jumped on.
I wasn't jumping on him. I said please, I noted that it seemed innocuous. I just think that in a thread which specifically says "no book talk", not talking about the books is the way to go. I'd rather not have anything spoiled, even by people with good intentions.

PhilipB

got third place in a Juan Mata lookalike contest
Last week, I either ran over a sheep or ran over a
Why does anyone have to mention the books at all, after being told several times not to and they have their own thread?

No one here cares that any of you spastics have read all 36 books. Have a congratulations if it makes you feel better.

twitter thread suggester
Eboue and Phillip are right. It's ridiculous that people can't just ignore this thread if they intend on using the word "book". How difficult can it be?

Bebe

Yes the thread title says "no book talk" so technically Revan shouldn't be saying "having read the books".

However I hardly think that saying this season will be very good should count as any type of spoiler. The spoiler rules in this thread (and to a lesser extent the walking dead one as well) are well-intentioned but a bit ott in my opinion.

Jimy_Hills_Chin

Desperately wants to be ITK
Thought the episode was very good overall. Set up lots of story lines for the season. The Tywin/Tyrion thing should play out fun. And there are still plenty left to develop.
Aye. I enjoyed it too, lots of intrigue bubbling under as per. I don't really understand the criticism that it is hard to follow. I find it straight forward to follow and remember the characters.

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
I'm resisting so hard to get these first few episodes right now seeing that I'll regret not doing so if I'll have to wait a week every time I catch up with an episode. Better bite my lip and wait till at least 5 or 6 episodes are out.

How many season 3 episodes are there out for now? Also is the shit going down with the undead already? Tell me, tell me pleaaaase!

PhilipB

got third place in a Juan Mata lookalike contest
Last week, I either ran over a sheep or ran over a
I'm resisting so hard to get these first few episodes right now seeing that I'll regret not doing so if I'll have to wait a week every time I catch up with an episode. Better bite my lip and wait till at least 5 or 6 episodes are out.

How many season 3 episodes are there out for now? Also is the shit going down with the undead already? Tell me, tell me pleaaaase!
Only the one. And no, nothing happening with the undead yet.

Revan

Assumptionman
Eboue and Phillip are right. It's ridiculous that people can't just ignore this thread if they intend on using the word "book". How difficult can it be?
Just said that I was expecting this season to be the best until now, because the third book was the best. I always thought that the no book talk is exclusively about not giving any spoilers, and I don't think that in any way I give even the smallest spoiler. Anyway, that's it, not going to even mention the b-word ever again here, even if it for an entirely other novel that has nothing to do with this.

Such a big deal for nothing.

There is only the first episode of season 3 available (and that from Sunday in US time). The shit with the whitewalkers is going on. Anyway, don't expect the first episode to continue the tension it was created in the end of the last season, it is more an episode that remembers the last events and set the stage for the season, very much like the first episode as season 2, not as epic as the first ever episode. For that, some negative comments here and there.

Go watch it.

iSparky

Likes Dags. but not as much as his Dad
Into season 2 now, can I knock it all out on my last day off? Probably not but its worth a go. There is a lot of talk of winter coming, Im hoping this winter season will be fookin epic. Loving it so far though.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
I loved this episode, because I think it sets the stage for the main characters in a very intriguing way.

I loved Margaery's kindness towards the orphans, in my mind quite cunning and clever - she wants the people backing her, not the Lannisters.

I also loved the scene between Tywin and Tyrion. There's so much tension in their relationship, and it was nice to see Tyrion disappointed and succumbed - not something we've seen so far and it gives him a nice touch as a character.

I also really look forward to following Daenarys and her travels this time around. I think a new city in her path felt really fresh and I can't wait to see what happens.

Cina

Freaky, I had no idea this was him

(not a spoiler, just a pic)

Jimy_Hills_Chin

I didn't even realise that Jerome Flynn played Bronn until I saw him on an interview. He does an excellent job of it too.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout

Yeah I realized this last time I watched Batman last summer, at that point of the film I went "wait what is that the little bastard?" and had to go on to IMDB to make sure. :lol:

Cina

I thought her story was good in season one, partly cause she was naked so much. Then she goes and signs that contract clause stating "no nudity" anymore and it became far more dull.

Jimy_Hills_Chin

I thought her story was good in season one, partly cause she was naked so much. Then she goes and signs that contract clause stating "no nudity" anymore and it became far more dull.
Did she? She became too powerful! I think that Emelia Clarke is the emerging star of the show. I think that she will have a very successful career beyond GOT.

Revan

Assumptionman
Hopefully the story around Daenarys won't be as boring as the last two seasons, so far so good at least
Didn't found her story boring personally, especially in the season one when there was all that stuff with Khal Drogo and her brother. One of my favorite characters.

Ivor Ballokov

Is that true :eek:

It's not like things can get any more degrading for her, she has been dating Seth McFarlane ffs.

Cina

This was the original actress playing Dany, but she dropped out

I'm happy she dropped out.