Television Game of Thrones (TV) • The watch has ended

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
If we go by that logic, everything in every story ever is contrived in order to tell a story? all authors will contrive situations in order to convey a narrative.

Point is if you're going to put pieces in place, ensure it has some dramatic weight behind it and means something, and is logical in the context of those characters arc.

As for the part in bold, sick feck that Euron is it would make sense that he wants Jaime to witness him killing Cersei (if we're basing it purely on TV Euron).

As for the second bolded point, yes he's travelled all that way to be with her.. but he's always had that bond that she's been the mother of all his children. If for a second he thought she's decided to father Euron's child of all people, it might justifiably be the straw that broke the camel's back. Now you could argue well she married Robert - but that was out of duty, this would be out of spite.
Yes they will, and that's accepted for the most part. But we don't seem to what to accept that with Got, do we?

Wait. You've said he's knocked Jaime out, but now he wants Jaime to witness him killing Cersei? You've just had an issue with Euron wanting to kill Jaime so that he could be the kingslayer Slayer. But you have no issue with Euron setting up this situation, so that he can have Jaime witness Cersei's death? All this while Kings Landing crumbles around him.

His love for her goes far beyond her simply being the mother of his children. His character arc has come full circle. No matter how much he had tried (and in many ways succeeded) in becoming a better man, he is always drawn back to Cersei. He and Cersei dying together makes perfect sense.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Oh, I meant the main villain he killed being shit (Euron). Jaime taking him out might have been awesome if Euron wasnt written like a jobber who had big actions.

I actually liked Jaimes story overall and accepted he would go back to Cersei once the war with the dead was over (hes gone back to her numerous times, after arming Brienne to get the stark children, after trying to get mycella back, after taking back riverrun and seeing everything blown up).
Only thing I change is Brienne crying when Jaime leaves. Just make him leave whilst shes asleep. Dunno.
That scene did stand out as kind of clunky, agreed. And in a tv show full of clunky scenes, standing out like that is not good.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
I wonder what they’ll all do when the books are finally released and turn out to be exactly the same. Can’t wait to be honest.
he's writing two 1200+ books.

My main gripe, pace and execution, I am sure will be quite different.

Probably be meandering and way too long. But certainly different.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
I wonder what they’ll all do when the books are finally released and turn out to be exactly the same. Can’t wait to be honest.
I don’t think that’s much of a worry, a couple of characters omitted from the show will be very important in the books, one in particular will be instrumental.

evil_geko

Jamie and Brienne should have stayed platonic and respective relationship, their sex scene was the most forced thing I have seen in this show, made to pander to the fans, it was fecking awful. On the other hand, him going back to Cersei I have no problem with, Jamie was always a gray character, him going beck to her does not erase the good he has done before, I hate people wanting this fairy tale Jamie ending where he becomes this full blown good guy and stay happily ever after with Brienne.

So yeah, all this Jamie character arc ruined I don't agree at all, the only thing his character was ruined with was that awfully forced sex scene.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Jamie and Brienne should have stayed platonic and respective relationship, their sex scene was the most forced thing I have seen in this show, made to pander to the fans, it was fecking awful. On the other hand, him going back to Cersei I have no problem with, Jamie was always a gray character, him going beck to her does not erase the good he has done before, I hate people wanting this fairy tale Jamie ending where he becomes this full blown good guy and stay happily ever after with Brienne.

So yeah, all this Jamie character arc ruined I don't agree at all, the only thing his character was ruined with was that awfully forced sex scene.
I really don't get this argument. The sexual tension between them had been built up for seasons. If it was "forced" then the writers started forcing it near enough the start of their relationship. That doesn't mean they had to sleep with each other but that was still the obvious conclusion to that sexual tension, hardly fan service.

AshRK

Having just 6 episodes was always going to be an issue. They had a lot to cover and only had 6 episodes. Also, I feel because we all are too involved with GoT that we all have our theories and our favorites so it was meant to disappoint many when they figured the writers had their own ideas.

The biggest complain I have with D&D is unlike earlier seasons, a lot of focus is being put on couple of characters and they are trying harder to make them cool which even they admitted after episode 3 was over that they wanted to make Jon look cool. GoT was never about that. Ned stark and Khal Drogo were two major characters from season 1, they did not try making them cool for the sake of it. Same with next seasons. It is very similar to what Vince McMahon in WWE has been doing, hey let us make Cena look cool or Roman look cool (Sorry non wrestling viewers). They are pushing Arya down our throat, look she will kill every top character even if she has nothing to do with that character.

I still would always consider this as one of the greatest shows to be produced.

Reddy Rederson

Have to agree with this. I hoping his arc was going to take him all the way back to where he started and that he would be the one to kill cersei for much the same reasons as he had killed the mad king. I dont really know why female and male characters cant have a close friendship that doesnt lead to sex on tv. Having great respect between jamie and brienne was enough. It was a perfectly defined relationship that didnt need to be anything more.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
So yeah, all this Jamie character arc ruined I don't agree at all.
I think the issue is he doesn't really have an arc. His entire story can be summed up briefly, when he's away from Cersei and the pressures of being a Lannister he develops into a better human being. When he returns to Cersei and puts the Lannister armor back on he turns into a cnut again. Rinse and repeat.

He finally denounces Cersei and his family name to head North to aid in the fight against the undead and you think he's finally unshackled himself. But again, he follows the same theme in returning back to Cersei. But this time, he's returning back to what he should think is his death. Either by Cersei herself (given he's threatened to kill him and then employed an Assassin to kill him) or by Daenerys. If the Bronn scene wasn't in the show it would make a bit more sense for Jaime to return to face the music. That was a needless scene simply to shoehorn Bronn into the plot.

I do think the Lannister family was the best thing about the show though and the way Cersei/Jaime died was acceptable. Just think both their characters (you can add Tyrion to this list too) were abandoned somewhat in the final two seasons. Casualties of D&D wanting to finish GoT and move onto different projects I guess.

The biggest complain I have with D&D is unlike earlier seasons, a lot of focus is being put on couple of characters and they are trying harder to make them cool which even they admitted after episode 3 was over that they wanted to make Jon look cool.
Completely agree. It's the Peter Jackson syndrome. It's like them trying to put in an undead polar bear for 6 seasons. Sometimes it pays off, most of the time it just comes across as pretty shallow. Style over substance.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Have to agree with this. I hoping his arc was going to take him all the way back to where he started and that he would be the one to kill cersei for much the same reasons as he had killed the mad king. I dont really know why female and male characters cant have a close friendship that doesnt lead to sex on tv. Having great respect between jamie and brienne was enough. It was a perfectly defined relationship that didnt need to be anything more.
They can though. Hence we never had to watch the Hound bending one into Arya.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Jaime's constant returning to Cersei would've perhaps made sense if it wasn't for the fact he'd been told literally an episode before that she'd sent someone to kill him. As a result it ended up being lazy writing.

lsd

The Oracle
Jaime's constant returning to Cersei would've perhaps made sense if it wasn't for the fact he'd been told literally an episode before that she'd sent someone to kill him. As a result it ended up being lazy writing.

He was always her bitch . It didn't matter what she did to him he would always,go back so no not lazy writing . That was Jamie being Jamie

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Scrolling through r/all and I saw a thread title, read it and at the end there were another few words in small text that were a spoiler for the finale. From the 4chan subreddit, where else of course.

Pathetic sad fecking losers really have nothing better to do.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Is anyone actually looking forward to this?

I think it's going to be so disappointing.

Last weeks episode now ranks lower than any other in the series as far as ratings go.

evil_geko

I mean, I am looking forward to it even though I didn't like lots of choices in Season 8, last episode will have low ratings regardless if it is better or worse because people are now too salty and don't care anymore, they will just rate it down for the sake of it. That is how internet works.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Is anyone actually looking forward to this?

I think it's going to be so disappointing.

Last weeks episode now ranks lower than any other in the series as far as ratings go.
I would say my hype is dead now, I just want to see what happens. I think it's pretty obvious what will happen now though, I just hope they throw in an unexpected twist.

I was really thinking season 8 could go down in history for greatness, but it'll be remembered as a disappointment.

Why oh why did they have to rush it? It seems so weird that they spent the first few years dragging along slowly, then suddenly the most important parts have been squeezed together.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Pissy nerds are to IMDB ratings what Liverpool fans are to any fan poll. They'll skew it so much that you can't take it seriously.

evil_geko

Pissy nerds are to IMDB ratings what Liverpool fans are to any fan poll. They'll skew it so much that you can't take it seriously.
Pretty much, both Rotten Tomatoes and IMDB ratings are vent meters, can't be really taken seriously lots of times.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Scrolling through r/all and I saw a thread title, read it and at the end there were another few words in small text that were a spoiler for the finale. From the 4chan subreddit, where else of course.

Pathetic sad fecking losers really have nothing better to do.
Whatever you do, don't get into any debates on here now about possible future events. I know you won't deliberately, but now we know you know something literally everything you say can be a slip :(

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Whatever you do, don't get into any debates on here now about possible future events. I know you won't deliberately, but now we know you know something literally everything you say can be a slip :(
Wouldn't dare spoil anything. Won't be posting any theories or timelines or responding to theory posts. Just posting shit really so it won't be too different than usual!

Redlambs

Wouldn't dare spoil anything. Won't be posting any theories or timelines or responding to theory posts. Just posting shit really so it won't be too different than usual!
Yeah man, I know. I don't even contemplate going on that place or the likes of YT comments anywhere near the episode air, people are just arseholes.

Probably the same ones as those signing that petition :lol:

Sylar

I want to say something about the finale given a rewatch of episode 3, but not going to say it, cos its so stupid, that if it happens, ill probably get accused of reading spoilers given it seems its out there (I mean I was accused of reading spoilers as I predicted deaths and got a few right but one wrong and apparently I put the one wrong one in as a red herring or something). Im a mastermind with a plan of course :lol:

Anyway, Im hoping Bran has something more (a lot more) in the finale (that links to the past, to Dany and indirectly to Jon).

Fully Fledged

I've been happy with the season so far and I'm looking forward to the finale.

I thought that episodes 3 and 5 were epic. The cinematography, score and the overall way they played with your emotions was outstanding.

Episodes 2 and 4 were also very good with only the Jack Sparrow moments jarring me out of my enjoyment for that instant.

I don't expect TV series or films to be as good at story telling as books are. I don't expect everything in a book to make it onto the screen. The most important thing about visual media is that I'm entertained and enjoying the spectacle that is playing out before me. I've thoroughly enjoyed this season so far.

Redlambs

Post it @Sylar in theory spoiler quotes. Nothing will happen to you and you've already hinted at it so who cares.
I wouldn't be so sure.

There are leaks around, so why would you post saying you have a theory, but saying you don't want to post it because of spoilers, then mention Bran in particular?

It's shifty as feck now either way, might as well just post it :lol: