Television Game of Thrones (TV) • The watch has ended

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I’ve just remembered Cersei and Jamie being killed by the collapsing building but only having 3 conveniently placed bricks on top of them when Tyrion found them.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
Remember when the Spider changed tack and straight up suggested to Jon that he usurp Dany? Then got burnt to death.

Moby

Dick
It was pretty stupid but how else would the Night King aka olympic javelin master get his hands on a dragon ?
Thought they could have just crossed the wall following Bran after the night king got his mark on him or something.

Plus was there even any proper dragon vs dragon aerial dogfight? At least that would've been a bit cool to watch.

Mike Smalling

Another great season 8 moment, was when Daenerys was enjoying a cup of Starbucks during the victory feast in Winterfell. I mean, how do you possibly feck something up that badly :lol: ?

Sylar

Thought they could have just crossed the wall following Bran after the night king got his mark on him or something.

Plus was there even any proper dragon vs dragon aerial dogfight? At least that would've been a bit cool to watch.
Was going to say this. They made a point about the mark and why the WW / NK could enter the cave and kill the OG 3ER.

With the mark, they could have had Bran mention that it was inevitable they would get through and the best way to stop them was to hit them now, before the army grows. Sam could have read taking out the leader takes out the whole army but he's always protected

Dany refuses as she wants to take out KL first. So instead they go out to scout (and take horses) to find their position with the purpose being to see how big the army is, how many walkers surround the NK.

Then same thing as the ep happens but instead of Gendry running back he rides back, and they get a message to Dany who goes to take out the NK but the spear shit can still happen.
And they can cut out the nonsense of Jon almost drowning and then being saved by his uncle who dies for no reason?
And they can still kidnap a wight to show all non believers the threat is happening and they need to hit before it's too late?

I dunno
Just a random five minute thought but surely you can hit the same beats but add some logic behind motivations?

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Another great season 8 moment, was when Daenerys was enjoying a cup of Starbucks during the victory feast in Winterfell. I mean, how do you possibly feck something up that badly :lol: ?

It was a subtle nod towards Dany being corrupted by capitalism.

Scarlett Dracarys

( . Y . )

It could have been done so many other ways. They chose the shittiest way to do it.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Probably related to the House of the Dragon prequel?!

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Okay so they are releasing a prequel based on the Fire & Blood books. We got it.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
They’ve been hinting at something since around the last time this thread was bumped. Trying to build hype for the prequel trailer I guess.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
The amount of flat out stupid shit in the final season is just mind boggling really.

Bran going from “I can never be lord of anything. I'm the Three-Eyed Raven.” to suddenly “why do you think I came all this way haha lolzy” when they suggest to make him king.

All the planks voting aye for Bran then Sansa giving it “nah the North will be independent” and everyone just being cool with that and moving to saying “6 kingdoms” like it’s no big thing and none of the other lords thinking “wait is that an option?!”

Arya trying to sail off the map.

Jon being sent to serve on the wall that got burned down.

Bronn being made master of coin.

Sam showing Tyrion the book titled “a song of fire and ice” may as well have had him turn to the camera and wink.

That’s just the final episode ffs.
:lol: :(

AaronRedDevil

So the news is that it's officially in production and it'll air on sky atlantic in 2022. Kinda hoping they were already way past that part and airing this year.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
So the news is that it's officially in production and it'll air on sky atlantic in 2022. Kinda hoping they were already way past that part and airing this year.
Didn't they film a pilot already but then ditch the production altogether? The Naomi Watts one?

Mike Smalling

Hard to get excited for this. Nothing will ever come close to the magic of the first few seasons.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Didn't they film a pilot already but then ditch the production altogether? The Naomi Watts one?
They did, filmed the pilot then it got cancelled. I don’t know what the plot of that was going to be though. The House of the Dragon got picked up & I think there’s a few others in the pipeline too.

AaronRedDevil

Hard to get excited for this. Nothing will ever come close to the magic of the first few seasons.
And the worst thing is, there's going to be talk probably about Winter and every fan will be like it's nothing, they were beaten pretty easily and this time they've more dragons so white walkers won't be a problem. The big bad threat will be meh if they bring them in. But at least this already has an ending written out somewhere so it's hard to feck it up.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
D&D aren't involved are they? I mean, I'm sure they'll have executive producer credits but they're gonna be in a hands-off capacity.

InfiniteBoredom

It will most likely be about the first Dance of the Dragons, since Martin wrote a fairly detailed novella on that (The Princess and The Queen), and it also contains a lot of potential for big set pieces (dragon fights galore), as their ‘fire’ promotion hints at.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Let's just get this over with. We'll all bitch and moan about how none of us have any enthusiasm for it for a year or so. The first episode will come out and we'll be divided between "yeah it's shit" and "wow, what a twist at the end! This is going to be interesting!".

Then by the end of the season we'll be, for the majority, saying how amazing it is and we can't wait for the next season (the usual contrarians will come in and shoot down any positive comments like always). Season two will come out and we'll end up saying "it's still good" like Homer with the roast pig covered in sewage flying through the air. And by Season 3 we'll be saying "this is fecking shite" and, probably, going through the whole cycle again for the other spin off GoT show "GoT: Miami", where Jon and Tormund have opened up a surfboard rental hut on a beach and get themselves into some jolly situations with the local fishermen every week (canned laughter included).

Sylar

Let's just get this over with. We'll all bitch and moan about how none of us have any enthusiasm for it for a year or so. The first episode will come out and we'll be divided between "yeah it's shit" and "wow, what a twist at the end! This is going to be interesting!".

Then by the end of the season we'll be, for the majority, saying how amazing it is and we can't wait for the next season (the usual contrarians will come in and shoot down any positive comments like always). Season two will come out and we'll end up saying "it's still good" like Homer with the roast pig covered in sewage flying through the air. And by Season 3 we'll be saying "this is fecking shite" and, probably, going through the whole cycle again for the other spin off GoT show "GoT: Miami", where Jon and Tormund have opened up a surfboard rental hut on a beach and get themselves into some jolly situations with the local fishermen every week (canned laughter included).
Most of this is probably true and I won't say which parts...

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.

GoT: Miami? Just take my money.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
GoT: Miami? Just take my money.
Jon: "I can't believe how many boards we sold today."
Tormund: "I can't believe how big my cock is..."

*Canned laughter*

Jon: ".......I don't want it."

*audience whoops and cheers*

Last edited:

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Oh, shit. I think we're on to something big here.

Tyrion: "what what up bitches?!"

*Audience go wild*
*Cast stand around like dipshits until the audience stop going wild*
*Audience stops going wild*

Tyrion: "I don't know about you guys but I'm THIRST. TEE!"
Tormund: "I don't know about you guys but my co-"
Dany: "I'm the health inspector and I'm shutting you down because you don't wear masks. Put on this mask right away."

*Audience boos*

Jon: "........I don't want it."

*Audience screams with laughter*

Tormund: "My penis is rather large."

*audience go absolutely batshit insane with whooping and laughing, tear down the set and rip the camera crews arms off. Ghost walks on to the stage and explodes*

Sylar

Oh, shit. I think we're on to something big here.

Tyrion: "what what up bitches?!"

*Audience go wild*
*Cast stand around like dipshits until the audience stop going wild*
*Audience stops going wild*

Tyrion: "I don't know about you guys but I'm THIRST. TEE!"
Tormund: "I don't know about you guys but my co-"
Dany: "I'm the health inspector and I'm shutting you down because you don't wear masks."

*Audience boos*

Jon: "........I don't want it."

*Audience screams with laughter*

Tormund: "My penis is rather large."

*audience go absolutely batshit insane. Tear down the set. Ghost walks on to the stage and explodes*
That final season 8 was wild

I reckon that's how d&d viewed it