Television Game of Thrones (TV) • The watch has ended

Skills

Snitch
What's aryas story then? I thought she would go back to the faceless men.

But she's now Dora the explorer?

justboy68

“Still have trolls trying to defend this writing”

Seems like your writing isn’t better than D&D’s if you label anyone who didn’t hate episode 5 as a troll. I agree that there’s basically nothing to like about episode 6. But that doesn’t retrospectively turn commenters for episode 5 into trolls.

I liked episode 5 and I stated that in here. I stand by it, that as a single episode, to me it was good television.

The rest of the season however, and especially episode 6...holy crap. Episode 6 must be one of the worst finales ever. Almost everything was horribly bad. I watched it at 7am before going to work, so I wouldn’t get spoilered, as I couldn’t have watched it after work either. 7 isn’t thaaat bad of a time to get up. But it probably would’ve been better to just turn around in bed a couple more times.
It certainly isn't. I'm no professional writer and could never be one.

There were a few people who were winding others up for taking the show too seriously, as if being interested in the characters and political intrigue side of the show (the thing that really made the show good originally) was a sad thing to do, rather than just enjoying the 'tits and dragons'. Basically just being contrarian for the sake of it, or trolling. Didn't mean to imply everyone. I would suggest a rewatch though, watching it back in light of the finale might change your opinion.

Most will agree that the spectacle and cinematography of Episode 5 were on point. The writing was still bizarrely shit though, as it has been for most of the season. The finale laid it more in the open as it didn't have the high budget action sequences to hide behind.

Simbo

I really am not one for nit picking but how does Jon even survive the throne room? Grey worm or the dothraki, they're not known for taking prisoners. They literally executed the queen's enemies 20 minutes before that scene.

In the pit, Yara and Dorne do not ask for independence? Wtf?

No one at least makes the claim that Jon should be king because he's the true heir? Have it rejected but someone mention it ffs.
There's literally no evidence of the crime so he could easily of got past Greyworm, just said she melted the throne and went for a fly to calm down. He was taken prisoner though so I guess Jon walked up to Greyworm and told him he'd just murdered his Queen :confused:

snk123

WTF is this - how can you literally destroy a show as amazing as this in just a few episodes? How?

NinjaFletch

Everything after Dany's death (with the notable exception of the still excellent score) was utterly, utterly terrible.

Hammerfell

At least the music stayed incredible throughout, the track that played when Drogon melted the Iron Throne is beautiful.

Krits

Wtf was that. Up until Dany dying it was going well. They were sort of fixing the story.

Can't believe I almost woke up early to watch this stupid episode. I'm glad I slept through my alarm.

This season wasn't great, but I still thought it was decent. Even the last episode, I could understand Dany going crazy. But Bran as king? WTF is that about?

Suv666

Has to be one of the worst finales ever.
What even was the point of Jon Snow being a Targareyan?
Bran said he didnt want to be a king and then he's like thats why I came all this way? Wtf?
Tyrion murdered Tywin and was suspected to be have murdered Joffery was hand to a Targareyan and a Lannister also the master of coin and the last alive Lannister. Why the feck wouldnt he be in Sam's crappy book?
Why didnt the other lords demand independence?
Why was it so easy for Tyrion to find his dead siblings?
Where did Dany get the huge banner?
Why was Dany's death treated like an afterthought. By the end of the episode I forgot she even died.
What are the Nights Watch watching?
Why was Bronn who blackmailed Tyrion and Jamie made the master of coin?
Why does the three eyed raven need a master of whisperer? Cant believe Hodor died for this.

Cant be arsed typing the rest of the plot holes. Safe to say D&D pretty much abandoned the show.
Only good thing was Ghost got some love. Which I'm pretty sure was added afted the backlash :lol::lol:

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
It was a decent episode if you just watched it without overthinking things, but a lot of it didn't make sense after Dany died.

Since her body was gone, why would anyone know it was Jon unless he'd be so stupid to actually confess (he'd be stupid enough probably, mind). And additionally, there's no way Grey Worm (and the Unsullied) or the Dothraki would've let him live, he would be killed on the spot if they found out he had killed their Queen. Doesn't make sense at all, and poor choice not to show how it all transpired. Tyrion going from a prisoner to choosing the King in a matter of minutes was a poor choice as well, and Jon staying at the Wall / going beyond the Wall even though the Unsullied had left for Naath is stupid as well, feck 'em and join your family in that case. Arya has been "Stark first" mode all season long and now she suddenly decides to go West "where no one has ever gone"? What the feck.

Bran on the throne is a bit of a disappoitment for me either - why did Jon's parentage matter at all if it isn't him? I guess it was only used to make Dany go full loco but it's still underwhelming. The season as a whole was okay-ish if you look at the big picture (build up - battle with the White Walkers - going South - battle between the great Houses - peace), but it was so rushed that they kinda fecked it up. You could, or should, have made 3 very good episodes about all the things that happened in episode 6 last night alone.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Sansa is a cnut btw. Couldn't stand to see that her brother would be king and hence more important than her.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Well that was incredibly dumb, but at least it's over.

Sansa is a cnut btw. Couldn't stand to see that her brother would be king and hence more important than her.
It's all fine actually, because after saying how dynasties are bad, mkay, they create an old school kingdom for the Starks to have some juicy conflicts with the 6 kingdoms who are all happy to watch Sansa go independent while they are ruled by her crippled brother who most of them never even met.

Last edited:

Suv666

Really loved the technique of just cutting the scenes D&D cant handle. Jon revealing his ancestry and the aftermath of Jon killing Dany. Brilliant.
Felt zero emotions during the episode read 3 of the books watched the show twice but still couldnt give a single feck about what happened to the characters. So disrespectful, the way they handled GOT.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Loved it. Loved the entire series, You're all a bunch of idiots. This is not me trolling.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
How comes it ends up exactly the same though?

A small council arguing over where to spend money, and a master of coins wanting to use it on the brothels. A useless king not even really giving much of a feck.

Literally nothing has changed in the wheel :lol:

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Not sure if this is posted.

This time they left water bottle.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Didn’t quite get her opposition to Bran becoming King... the north will be independent but will always bend the knee to a Stark rather than a ruler who might be the best for all the people & would be ‘elected’ rather than have a birthright to the throne.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Didn’t quite get her opposition to Bran becoming King... the north will be independent but will always bend the knee to a Stark rather than a ruler who might be the best for all the people & would be ‘elected’ rather than have a birthright to the throne.
Yeah that was entirely out of character. That wasn't "Smart".

AgentP

It's not a coincidence that everything went to shit as soon as the directors ran out of GRRM's source material. It's like when Fergie left and we became completely useless.

Sanche7

Can’t wait for the new Star Wars movies and the new show D&D are doing - Confederate, about a south with modern day slavery. Both should be fun, especially the TV Show. Those two idiots lost the plot as soon as they ran out of source material, now imagine if they are given free reign on a TV show about slavery. D&D are gonna bring the whole network down

NinjaFletch

Which was delivered with the fecking double whammy that the Lords of Westeros are now proper right happy to accept that their king should be an outsider from outside their kingdom having spent, you know, several season, fighting against Dany and her foreign army.

Even if you accept the logic presented by Tyrion in the show, which is dodgy at best, that bit makes no fecking sense.

Jagga7

:lol::lol::lol: That was hilariously bad. Why are all the conversations so long and drawn out? As if it was written by idiots for idiots.
Unsullied have started a new house even though they can't father any children.
Jon the rightful Heir is banished to the Black and Bran randomly rolls up and becomes King :lol::lol::lol:.
It's actually pretty sad after 10 years of watching this is what we get.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
There's literally no evidence of the crime so he could easily of got past Greyworm, just said she melted the throne and went for a fly to calm down. He was taken prisoner though so I guess Jon walked up to Greyworm and told him he'd just murdered his Queen :confused:
The dragon freaked out for quite a while which would attract a lot of attention and then carried the body away, and there was a big puddle of blood on the floor + Jon's dagger was gone.

I can't defend any other scene though.. Glad it's all over.