Television Game of Thrones (TV) • The watch has ended

caid

I really doubt that’s how you’re supposed to process what happened.

Basically Drogon’s instinct was to rage burn Jon for killing Dany but couldn’t due to their familial/spiritual bond so fecked up the thing right next to him instead.

It was pretty lame but you’re projecting a conciousness onto Drogon that wasn’t there.
Dragons are smart in Game of Thrones. A quote from Tyrion
"Dragons are intelligent, more intelligent than men according to some Maesters. They have affection for their friends and fury for their enemies."

Doubt its actions were accidental or coincidental

Moby

Dick
@Redlambs is so closely associated to Bran it's heartwarming to see. Man wanted the entire series to be Bran's dream after the fall, which we still can't completely say wasn't the case. He's dreaming about being a king, will soon wake up to Hodor having a wank sat next to him.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Which brings up several other plotholes in itself. The Reach is meant to be an area the size of a country...but if there are no armies or major houses left who's governing it? If no one is, why has it not descended into anarchy? Like the Stormlands it's seemingly just been left vacant until someone's conveniently able to take over.
That's because in GoT land there only seems to be about ten high Lords or noble families. It makes sense to streamline it a little so that we don't have to deal with eighteeneleventy bigizillion characters, but it makes Westeros seem emptier.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Just seen the final episode. Can't recall ever watching a show where it shone through just how eager the writers were to wrap it up and go home.

This was a minimal viable product delivery

The difference in quality of this series once Martins writing ran out is absolutely staggering. D&D will leave this with a rancid reputation.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Which brings up several other plotholes in itself. The Reach is meant to be an area the size of a country...but if there are no armies or major houses left who's governing it? If no one is, why has it not descended into anarchy? Like the Stormlands it's seemingly just been left vacant until someone's conveniently able to take over.
It's not terribly far fetched scenario in medieval times where population density was much less - sometimes war, disease or famine simply a land more or less empty till someone else moves in.

The alternative to advanced feudal rule would not be anarchy but simply dissolution of society on a grander scale than self governed villaged.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
It’s neat that the ‘game of thrones’ was won by someone who was sitting in one the entire time. I guess that was the point of the entire plot.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
I don’t understand why some posters are making sarcy remarks when people are rightfully criticising the way they ended this. They have failed to even come up with an ending that is not even half way better than the ones concocted in this thread by various posters. That is pitiful. We should have known the writers were going to feck this up from the moment they spent dilly dallying the first two episodes.

Probably the most complex book>TV adaptation ever and they spent the first two episodes on literally nothing. I can’t even remember, point being we all knew they would get it wrong we just wanted to believe they would spring a magical surprise and create an excellent finale. Without longing out my post
The thing is, the idea wasn't bad the execution was.

Last edited:

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Just seen the final episode. Can't recall ever watching a show where it shone through just how eager the writers were to wrap it up and go home.

The difference in quality of this series once Martins writing ran out is absolutely staggering. D&D will leave this with a rancid reputation.

That's them now. Bastards.

Says it all when they said they're not giving any interviews on the final episode and would be getting drunk and staying off the internet.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
My thoughts on the last ep:

An average ep to end an average season.

Jon went from The Invincible to Wenger Out in the space of an ad break. All he had to say was "she went somewhere with the dragon, she'll be back. I'm the Captain now".

Dany, all powerful woman, dies because she loves the dick too much ffs. They made such a big deal about Jon being her biggest threat, yet she drops her guard so quickly.

Sansa is a cnut.

Arya will get spin off. Funny when she says "I know a killer when I see one" towards Dany. Yes, we all just saw her destroy a city :lol:

And the 3-eyed raver is king hahaha. Every other Kingdom will be sharpening their knives. Bran the broken will know they're about to attack but say feck all to his men. Once they're all destroyed, he'll say "I knew that was gonna happen". fecking Captain Hindsight.
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
@Redlambs is so closely associated to Bran it's heartwarming to see. Man wanted the entire series to be Bran's dream after the fall, which we still can't completely say wasn't the case. He's dreaming about being a king, will soon wake up to Hodor having a wank sat next to him.
I'm sorry, but who are you and why are you so obsessed with Bran the Pointless?

You are beginning to seem like a stalker, and not the hot bunny boiler kind :(

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
If you didn't hate City so much you'd be my fave poster on here. Agree with every word you have in this thread. Nailed it much better than I ever could.

One thing I do wonder though even though I'm not one to defend D&D is how much HBO had to say one getting the show finished and how that affected their writing. It seems clear they were told you have x amount and not a cent more.
:lol: Cheers.

Nah, from everything I've read D&D had the chance to go with a longer season but made the decision to go with 6 episodes. I don't think HBO actually wanted it rushed to the finish line like this at all.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
:lol: Cheers.

Nah, from everything I've read D&D had the chance to go with a longer season but made the decision to go with 6 episodes. I don't think HBO actually wanted it rushed to the finish line like this at all.
Yes. It's too do with the new big budget star Wars gig they've been offered most probably.

buckooo1978

the biggest crime with that last season was that they took an epic story with rich character building and arc development and completely treated it like it was clocking off time on Friday afternoon rushing everything through

some amazing sequences but it could have been so much better..... you can see how the writing dropped off post books but this seemed amplified in the last season

I dont understand it to be honest when they were onto such a winning formula

Verminator

I bet Disney are searching their old tweets looking for anything that can be deemed racist, sexist, homophobic or antisemitic.
Anything to tear up the contract.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
I've just watched it for a second time and most of it really works better on a rewatch.
The first 40 minutes is actually excellent. It sets the foreboding tone of Dany the tyrant's world brilliantly considering the pitiful amount of time they have to establish it.

Show us that world and more of that Dany for even 4 or 5 episodes to flesh it out and it could've been fantastic.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
I've just watched it for a second time and most of it really works better on a rewatch.
Yeah, was rushed and could have been better but it's not as disastrous as people are making out

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
This is what I find bizarre. They were murdering non-descript Lannister soldiers on the street just because they happened to fight for Cersei, yet suddenly only arrested Jon and detained Tyrion before demanding the leaders of the other major houses all came to KL for a conference.
I can understand not killing Jon because he was a favorite of the North and maybe a possible retaliation but nobody really cared about Tyrion

Drifter

American
Watched it for a second time and have to say it was just as crap as the first time.

fallengt

Yea thats what i mean. She died given birth to Jon, but what was the story that everyone was told?
Rhaegar was killed by Robert in the battle. Lyanna was "kidnapped & raped to death" by Rhaegar that everyone was told.
In the book, Aegon Targaryen (Show' Jon Snow) is a different character. He's son of Elia and Rhaegar. Jon Snow could be the 2nd son of Rhaegar as well but he's still dead.

antihenry

CAF GRU Rep
Some of the comments here are quite amusing, people get so invested in these shows. It's a fairy tale with dragons ffs, take it easy.

I have a question. Wouldn't it make sense for Jon after gutting his auntie to tell everybody that Dany simply took off on her dragon and left him temporarily in charge instead of confessing to her murder to a bunch of Unsullied and Dothrakis? They wouldn't have known the truth, anyway. But I guess that would be contrary to his boy scout code of ethics or something.

diarm

Sounds about right.

I was fully sure the camera was going to turn from Jon at the start and it was going to be that scene from Jurassic Park with the harmonica music playing over it!

lsd

The Oracle
Some of the comments here are quite amusing, people get so invested in these shows. It's a fairy tale with dragons ffs, take it easy.

I have a question. Wouldn't it make sense for Jon after gutting his auntie to tell everybody that Dany simply took off on her dragon and left him temporarily in charge instead of confessing to her murder to a bunch of Unsullied and Dothrakis? They wouldn't have known the truth, anyway. But I guess that would be contrary to his boy scout code of ethics or something.

Not if they saw her being carried off though

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout

The puddle of blood would probably give it away...