Gaming Games finished in 2021

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
I didn't enjoy them.

The first one starts off ok but quickly gets annoying and repetitive. You rely on a camera for vision a lot but it has limited batteries which quickly run out. Then you spend ages in pitch black trying to find your way, and if a bad guy sees you, it's a one hit kill for him. There's a bit in a courtyard that nearly all in darkness and impossible to try figure where to go. I nearly gave up there.

Outlast 2 is a little more forgiving with the batteries and the game is more open plan so you can outrun bad guys easier. For these reasons, I preferred it. It wasn't amazing but I finished it faster than the first and enjoyed it a little more. It helped that I prefer cult stories over mental asylums.
Also thanks for this, forgot to reply. Won’t make them a priority but will do them at some point!

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
PES21

Completed it

Minkaro

So far:

Maneater
Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot
Cyberpunk 2077
Concrete Genie
Tekken 7
Control
Watch Dogs: Legion

And I finished Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch this year, but started, and did most of, it last year.

Bojan11

So far:

Maneater
Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot
Cyberpunk 2077
Concrete Genie
Tekken 7
Control
Watch Dogs: Legion

And I finished Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch this year, but started, and did most of, it last year.
How was watchdogs? Was it a big improvement on the previous two games?

Minkaro

How was watchdogs? Was it a big improvement on the previous two games?
I never played the first. I’d put it about the same as 2 though, maybe just under. The idea of having multiple playable characters seems fun, but I found myself mainly sticking with two of mine. Beyond that addition, it was very much like the second in terms of the puzzles, stealth, and storyline.

Also because the playable characters are random, they’re given quite generic dialogue, so it’s not so easy to grow to like them, compared to the group from the second.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Finished Remnant earlier. A really wonderful game. I didn’t go into it expecting much but I’ve had so much fun with it. One you may like @Irwin99, essentially a souls-like game but with guns. Has its flaws of course but I just found the battle mechanics so much fun to work with.

Started the DLC so will finish that then will probably do another playthrough seeing as the worlds are randomly generated.

Irwin99

Finished Remnant earlier. A really wonderful game. I didn’t go into it expecting much but I’ve had so much fun with it. One you may like @Irwin99, essentially a souls-like game but with guns. Has its flaws of course but I just found the battle mechanics so much fun to work with.

Started the DLC so will finish that then will probably do another playthrough seeing as the worlds are randomly generated.
Thanks! might look into that.

Just got the platinum for Ratchet and Clank. I really really did not think I would enjoy it but it was a lot of fun.

AaronRedDevil

Completed

Vallhalla
Resident Evil 3
Witcher 3 Both DLC's
Yakuza Like a Dragon. I fecking platinum it, remind me never to do that ever again. It was hard, but I fecking did it! @Bojan11

Last edited:

Bojan11

Completed

Vallhalla
Resident Evil 3
Witcher 3 Both DLC's
Yakuza Like a Dragon. I fecking platinum it, remind me never to do that ever again. It was hard, but I fecking did it! @Bojan11
It's all about surviving that laser strike from Amon. If you survive that, it gets easier because the others just attack you one at a time.

I finished Lost Legacy; it was miles better than Uncharted 4. Played Shenmue 3 for an hour and not sure I will bother going back to it. I can accept the dreadful voice-acting, not sure why during cut scenes though they fade to black, and there's another cut scene in the same location with the same characters. It's like me figuring out how to do fade to black in media studies when I was like 12 and then overusing it. The combat is dreadful after playing Yakuza games for the past decade. I haven't played Fist of the North Star, which is made by the impressive RGG studio, or I might play Kingdom Hearts 3.

AaronRedDevil

Yeah I didn’t have Mr. Masochist when I thought I had him already. Took me 4 attempts. Lost Legacy was very good, really enjoyed it. It’s my 3rd favourite in the series for me. 4, 2, LL, 1 and 3. If they were to continue the Uncharted franchise, they could do Sam and Chloe with Sully there. It could work.