Gaming Games, or sections of a game, that you found absurdly difficult?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Yes. Came across my first one at the weekend and gave up trying to fight after a dozen or so attempts. Just stealthed my way past it instead.
The one on Shatterback Point had me raging. I kept it inside and once I had upgraded armor and max hearts I took a trip back there to get my revenge :lol: Very satisfying. This was about 10 real life days later as well.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
The one on Shatterback Point had me raging. I kept it inside and once I had upgraded armor and max hearts I took a trip back there to get my revenge :lol: Very satisfying. This was about 10 real life days later as well.
Yeah I'll do the same. No chance with 3 hearts. I just grabbed those arrows and floated out of there. Hearing on that c*nt as well....Jesus.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
I actually found the final boss in The witcher 3 blood and wine really hard. Same goes for the toad boss in the other DLC.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
The final boss of Bloodborne pissed me off. Never raged quit from a game as bad as that before.

The wolf/graveyard guy was also a pain but I got there eventually.

Ainu

The final boss of Bloodborne pissed me off. Never raged quit from a game as bad as that before.

The wolf/graveyard guy was also a pain but I got there eventually.
Do you mean Gehrman/Moon Presence or the Orphan from the DLC? I thought Gehrman was pretty easy compared to some of the earlier bosses.

Gehrman

Do you mean Gehrman/Moon Presence or the Orphan from the DLC? I thought Gehrman was pretty easy compared to some of the earlier bosses.
Orphan of Koz is pretty mental on Ng+7 same goes for Laurence.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Yeah the Gehrman one, could never get the hang of it for some reason. I think I was probably burnt out with it by that point and just gave up :lol:

Wal2Fra

Another entry from Crash Bandicoot 1. The level slippery climb killed me as a kid, went through so many lives and just couldn't make it through the level.

Recently defeated those demons with the n. Sane trilogy remake, getting through it pretty easily!

Gehrman

Yeah the Gehrman one, could never get the hang of it for some reason. I think I was probably burnt out with it by that point and just gave up :lol:
I thought Gehrman was really hard too. Usually summoned help when I could. It's on the best boss fights in the game though. Bloodborne is just awesome though. One of the best ever IMO.

Ainu

I thought Gehrman was really hard too. Usually summoned help when I could. It's on the best boss fights in the game though. Bloodborne is just awesome though. One of the best ever IMO.
Huh, just shows how we all struggle at different points. For me Darkbeast Paarl was an immense struggle and maybe the hardest fight outside of Orphan of Kos in the entire game for me. Strangely enough Loran Darkbeast gave me less trouble, while it's the same enemy in a smaller arena with a serious stat boost. Guess at that point I just really knew how to fight him.

Withnail

Anything with a ship on Assassins Creed Black Flag. I put down the game just at the sheer frustration at not being able to complete it.
That is one of my favourites games and I loved the ship bits... Yarr!

Dettlaff. The last boss in the Witcher 3, fecking hell it must have taken me dozens of tries and breaks in between to beat that fecker.
I went back to try and finish this recently as I got a bit bored with the DLC after finishing the main game and stopped playing. Holy shit, is that guy hard.

I'd also agree with those who mentioned Sekiro - you have to put so much time into that game. I had a year out studying so was able to spend a fair bit of time on it but back working full time now so I've not played in ages. I'll be back to square one I fear.

Back in the day I found Wipeout 2097 hard as feck to complete. Your heart would be absolutely pounding playing that game.

Norris

That is one of my favourites games and I loved the ship bits... Yarr!
I gave it another go recently, was basically stuck at the plundering 70 Metals bit. Had to be methodical about it, but finally crossed it, but give it another go now.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
I finished Wolfenstein 2 on the hardest level that was available last week (I am death incarnate), and upon completion, the final difficulty level was unlocked... literal one-shot death...

I'm going to watch a YouTube run of someone completing that from start to finish without cheats/hacks because it'd take me a life-altering amount of time to do the same.

:eek: