Gareth Bale | Golfer, ex-Footballer, Elbower of racists, Philosopher, Golf Ambassador, Bar Owner, Real Legend, Defibrillator

Zoo

It’s an insane freekick. He’s so clutch and Wales’ best ever player. Wales, golf, Madrid indeed.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Couldn't have picked the ball up and placed it better with his hands. Just the perfect free kick. :drool:

MalBot

Supports
Arsenal
This must be what they have in mind when Kane and Ronaldo place the ball for a free-kick. Brilliant shot

nuanced

loves geopolitical narrative
They are no longer the mouthpiece.
The owner of Marca is Urbano Cairo, the owner of Torino, against the S.L. In fact, Marca is jokingly known on Twitter as "Torino news" because of the change in the articles about Madrid.
About the photos... They are completely different cases. In this case, he said that these months he has been preparing exclusively for the Wales match. He could not be available for the clásico but he was able to train normally shortly after.Not exactly about being grateful or not, which I think most Madrid fans are!.
Anyway a very tough opinion piece
Interesting that Spain's largest sports news outlet will be owned by an Italian now. It has always felt to me that Marca derived a lot of their popularity from RM, so it probably might not serve them the best by distancing themselves from RM.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
He's been phenomenal for Wales and I think it's because he's suited to being a part-time footballer which International Football makes him. He isn't suited to the rigours of weekly football but it's more of something he can be bothered with on occasion when he's not injured.

He should move to the US after Real. They have nice golf courses there.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
He's been phenomenal for Wales and I think it's because he's suited to being a part-time footballer which International Football makes him. He isn't suited to the rigours of weekly football but it's more of something he can be bothered with on occasion when he's not injured.

He should move to the US after Real. They have nice golf courses there.
16 goals in 34 appearances for Spurs last season suggests otherwise.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Spanish outlet Marca have published an article on Bale’s relationship with Real Madrid. The headline for the piece is “the Welsh parasite”:

The Bale parasite came from the cold and rainy Britannia.

“He settled in Spain, at Real Madrid, where, masked, he first showed diligence and love for the guest, but then his nature led him to suck blood without giving anything in return. Well, more than blood, he sucked, and sucks, the club’s euros.

“Unlike others of its kind, such as the flea, the louse or the bedbug, the Bale parasite does not cause itching or illnesses in its host, but after sucking, it laughs and makes fun of it, showing a jocular contempt for the one from whom he lives.

“He laughs, applauds, throws himself on the ground, sings, as a kind of humiliating ceremony, which, luckily, has an expiration date, like all misfortunes.”
:lol: article needs his heart on head thing he does when he scores. :lol:

Wing Attack Plan R

[from Guardian] Sky also asked Bale if his celebrations sent a message to those in the Spanish media who have recently branded him a “parasite”. “No. I don’t need to send a message. It’s a waste of my time. It’s disgusting and they should be ashamed of themselves. I’m not fussed.”

Proper response to the Madridistas.

Gavinb33

What he has done for Wales is up there with the very best international careers of all time for me.

There is no player in football who means so much to their nations success at this moment in time, he is Wales and if he is out they will be in big trouble.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Could easily argue he’s a top five British player of all time
If you think of some of the occasions of the goals he has scored, yeah I guess so. That outrageous bicycle kick in the CL final vs Liverpool after just coming on, the Copa Del Rey final where he blew past Bartra was it? And put it between the keepers legs to finish. I guess the arguments against would come down to too many injuries, just has not been consistent enough due to being side lined for long periods.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
He is my idol. Spent most of his time doing what he wanted and still getting paid shitload of money. Won 4 CL trophies. Literaly screwing Perez and Real Madrid. Whats not to love?

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
What a player. Always wanted him to play for United, shame he went to Real Madrid and won everything several times over!
Same. He is one of my favourite players ever to watch.

Felt like he was always the guy we didn't get after Ronaldo - but at the same time I understood why he didn't just want to be the 'next Welsh great player at United'

ForeverRed1

He’s a very good player and I should be biased towards him, but all time? No.
Ability wise, probably. I don’t think he is as appreciated as he could be and hit the individuals heights he could of because he went to real and played with Ronaldo. If he had of gone elsewhere it would of been interesting to see what he would of meant to a team, could of been their messi or Ronaldo and elevated them to a different level, he was that good.

OmarUnited4ever

Spanish outlet Marca have published an article on Bale’s relationship with Real Madrid. The headline for the piece is “the Welsh parasite”:

The Bale parasite came from the cold and rainy Britannia.

“He settled in Spain, at Real Madrid, where, masked, he first showed diligence and love for the guest, but then his nature led him to suck blood without giving anything in return. Well, more than blood, he sucked, and sucks, the club’s euros.

“Unlike others of its kind, such as the flea, the louse or the bedbug, the Bale parasite does not cause itching or illnesses in its host, but after sucking, it laughs and makes fun of it, showing a jocular contempt for the one from whom he lives.

“He laughs, applauds, throws himself on the ground, sings, as a kind of humiliating ceremony, which, luckily, has an expiration date, like all misfortunes.”
must add "Madrid's Euros Sucker" or "Madrid's Blood Sucker" to the increasing list of Bale's titles.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
The absolute passion that shines through him when he plays for Wales is lovely to see. Quality player.

mctrials23

I'd feel bad calling him a parasite
I kind of understand their point. Hes on obscene wages and doesn't give too many shits about playing for Madrid. Always available for Wales and makes far too many miraculous recoveries to play for them when hes not been fit to play for the club paying him £600k/week or some mad sum.

Grande

He is my idol. Spent most of his time doing what he wanted and still getting paid shitload of money. Won 4 CL trophies. Literaly screwing Perez and Real Madrid. Whats not to love?
How do you go about to literally screw Real Madrid? Is it enough to do the club captain or do you have to work your way through the whole squad and staff members to?

arnie_ni

I don't think there can be any doubt about that
That Bale is a top 5 British player? Ah yes I'd imagine there'd be plenty of doubt.

Best
Law
Charlton
Bobby Moore

That's players all before my time.

Then you've

Rooney
Giggs
Shearer
Terry
Rio
Beckham
Scholes
Gerrard
Lampard

Just to name a few that people could argue for. I'm not sure Bale would make many top 5 all time British players lists, not that you'd find any two the same either.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
I love it. Fans treat him like crap so he says "f*** you" and stops caring about Real Madrid and just collects a pay check. Then shows how class he actually is with his brace yesterday. He should be a Madrid legend with some of the goals he's scored for them but instead they treated him like sh*t...