Gareth Bale | Golfer, ex-Footballer, Elbower of racists, Philosopher, Golf Ambassador, Bar Owner, Real Legend, Defibrillator

Red the Bear

Something less generic
After all is said and done I'll think be quite happy with himself, hard to not be content when you earn so much while winning so much.

Not too bad not too bad at all.

Wolf1992

Supports
No team in particular.
He does seem to have a genuine affection for the national team, I can't imagime he'll just quit when the going gets tough.
Tbh Wales only played 1 WC in their whole history, so it's not like Wales not qualifying for a WC it's something new and upsetting, it's the norm.
I believe they will qualify for the new WC with 48 teams, just like they qualified for the Euro with 24 teams 2 times in a row.

Gandalf

Not true.
Why did Ronaldo shadow not hurt Benzema? Bale was supposed to step up after Ronaldo, but instead he become useless when Ronaldo left.
Spanish media does not discriminate. Fans got tired of him when he was photographed laughing with the Welsh flag that said Wales-Golf-Madrid in that order. If you put out stuff like that and you perform shit week after week and on top of that you are the best paid player then you can expect the fans showing their frustration.

Last 3-4 years has been a farce. Injured all the time. Comes back from injuries plays 3-4 games and of course he underperforms because he need game time to get in form and then he plays 2 decent games and gets injured again.

This season Ancelotti started him in the first game. He played 3 games and has been injured since. In the middle of his injury he went to play for Wales. Got himself injured and he is still out. The amount of disrespect he has showing the club is incredible. The club pays your salary and not Wales.
You lost me with the bolded because they absolutely do, to be fair all media does but the narrative around Bale was set early in his career at Real and whilst he is not exactly blameless for some of the things he has said in the last couple of years he was demonized at the first opportunity in Madrid. I always felt that Zidane leaving after the CL win was a disaster for Bale, had that not happened he would have been sold that summer and off the back of his performance in that final there would have been plenty of bidders. Zidane wanted him gone and he was happy to go but then Zidane quit and Ronaldo left and it was meant to be a clean slate and yet just a few months later Zidane was back and the chance for a clean break was gone.

Josh 76

Bale at his peak was the perfect player for us. Shame he will never play for our club.
Not sure why he chose spurs over Utd when he left Southampton. Utd were definitely in for him. Maybe he will reveal in his book one day.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Not sure why he chose spurs over Utd when he left Southampton. Utd were definitely in for him. Maybe he will reveal in his book one day.
Pretty sure it was Southampton themselves who wouldn't accept our bid?

To be fair though, Bale joining Spurs was the correct decision considering we probably wouldn't have tried him as a winger.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
You lost me with the bolded because they absolutely do, to be fair all media does but the narrative around Bale was set early in his career at Real and whilst he is not exactly blameless for some of the things he has said in the last couple of years he was demonized at the first opportunity in Madrid. I always felt that Zidane leaving after the CL win was a disaster for Bale, had that not happened he would have been sold that summer and off the back of his performance in that final there would have been plenty of bidders. Zidane wanted him gone and he was happy to go but then Zidane quit and Ronaldo left and it was meant to be a clean slate and yet just a few months later Zidane was back and the chance for a clean break was gone.
Yeah, he never quite gel with the press and they started picking on him early on. Like imagine the reaction if he was doing a Hazard, I mean he really has been useless the last few years but he had plenty of good moments but is quite obvious he doesn't get along with the press in here and prefers to keep a low profile.

lloyd2wayne

I think the real madrid saga (which encapsulates all kinds of stuff, fans and spanish media giving him a hard time, zidane fall out, ronaldos shadow etc) took its toll and he's totally not interested in football anymore which is understandable.
Excuses excuses as always.Blame everyone but Bale. Wasn’t the media and fans to against Ronaldo at one point too? How did that turn out.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
The King of Wales and demonstrably the greatest living troll. Real Madrid are so lucky to have him

Wonder if he fancies a wee jaunt north to join his mate Ramsey after the summer, we have some of the world's best golf courses up here!

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Will retire at end of the season?

Seems to be actually fit enough to train, at least for the moment!

Gandalf

Will retire at end of the season?

Seems to be actually fit enough to train, at least for the moment!
That is largely dependent on the WC playoffs. If Wales qualify then he is going to want to play in the lead up to the competition and I would expect he will be fairly happy to sign a short term deal with a PL club and not worry too much about wages to ensure he is match fit. If Wales are eliminated I expect he might call time on his international career and then unless he wants to make some cash playing somewhere like MLS he will probably call it a career.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
That is largely dependent on the WC playoffs. If Wales qualify then he is going to want to play in the lead up to the competition and I would expect he will be fairly happy to sign a short term deal with a PL club and not worry too much about wages to ensure he is match fit. If Wales are eliminated I expect he might call time on his international career and then unless he wants to make some cash playing somewhere like MLS he will probably call it a career.
I could see him playing a final year at Cardiff. He loves the city.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Wonder if he fancies a wee jaunt north to join his mate Ramsey after the summer, we have some of the world's best golf courses up here!
I've seen many golf clubs being swung around in Glasgow but never once on a course.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
His transfer thread is locked, but seen some murmurs of him returning to Spurs AGAIN this summer. Must have a new golf course opening in Essex

always_hoping

Spanish outlet Marca have published an article on Bale’s relationship with Real Madrid. The headline for the piece is “the Welsh parasite”:

The Bale parasite came from the cold and rainy Britannia.

“He settled in Spain, at Real Madrid, where, masked, he first showed diligence and love for the guest, but then his nature led him to suck blood without giving anything in return. Well, more than blood, he sucked, and sucks, the club’s euros.

“Unlike others of its kind, such as the flea, the louse or the bedbug, the Bale parasite does not cause itching or illnesses in its host, but after sucking, it laughs and makes fun of it, showing a jocular contempt for the one from whom he lives.

“He laughs, applauds, throws himself on the ground, sings, as a kind of humiliating ceremony, which, luckily, has an expiration date, like all misfortunes.”

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
Spanish outlet Marca have published an article on Bale’s relationship with Real Madrid. The headline for the piece is “the Welsh parasite”:

“He settled in Spain, at Real Madrid, where, masked, he first showed diligence and love for the guest, but then his nature led him to suck blood without giving anything in return. Well, more than blood, he sucked, and sucks, the club’s euros.

“Unlike others of its kind, such as the flea, the louse or the bedbug, the Bale parasite does not cause itching or illnesses in its host, but after sucking, it laughs and makes fun of it, showing a jocular contempt for the one from whom he lives.

“He laughs, applauds, throws himself on the ground, sings, as a kind of humiliating ceremony, which, luckily, has an expiration date, like all misfortunes.”
:lol: my man

nuanced

loves geopolitical narrative
Always love the irony in such articles.
Says the mouthpiece of the club leading the ESL.

Oldyella

Are they so salty because he wouldn't leave at their says so?

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"

Madrid…. boo fecking hoo :lol:

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Says the mouthpiece of the club leading the ESL.
They are no longer the mouthpiece.
The owner of Marca is Urbano Cairo, the owner of Torino, against the S.L. In fact, Marca is jokingly known on Twitter as "Torino news" because of the change in the articles about Madrid.
About the photos... They are completely different cases. In this case, he said that these months he has been preparing exclusively for the Wales match. He could not be available for the clásico but he was able to train normally shortly after.Not exactly about being grateful or not, which I think most Madrid fans are!.
Anyway a very tough opinion piece

UncleBob

they seem pleased with him

RVN1991

:lol: Legend. Feck that club.