Gareth Bale | Golfer, ex-Footballer, Elbower of racists, Philosopher, Golf Ambassador, Bar Owner, Real Legend, Defibrillator

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Stop being a hater, then maybe you can have an objective conversation.

See, we can all do the teenage arguing thing...
How am I being a hater by saying he's not been a consistent player for Real (while complimenting his finals moments and trophy cabinet)? I didn't even quote anyone in my initial post :houllier:

Pickle85

How am I being a hater by saying he's not been a consistent player for Real (while complimenting his finals moments and trophy cabinet)? I didn't even quote anyone in my initial post :houllier:
I was quoting you deriding someone else as a 'stan' by calling you a 'hater'. Was trying to show what a reductive line of argument that is but it clearly didn't work!

djembatheking

Again, he'd never come but wouldn't you rather have 1 Bale instead of Lingard or Cavani. I feel our squad was full of players who didn't want to be here. One such player doesn't hurt.
I don`t want Lingard, Cavani or Bale. I want players that are here because they want to play for United to try and win things here.

Darlington Padgett

He's still good. Even without his pace he's still quite effective as he's a great passer, crosser and amazing at free-kicks. The main issue is injuries obviously but now his Madrid contract is up he shouldn't be too expensive.

We need a right-winger too, and he's free.
I'm surprised we haven't been linked to him.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Sounds like our* boy is MLS bound to LAFC.
I'm not overly surprised for multi-reasons.

Will definitely give me a reason of following the MLS a little more now.

choccy77

Gareth Bale is All Elite

He was never gonna join a championship side, where you actually have to work hard.

An easy LA life with a golf range makes perfect sense.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
Oh wow, shows my ignorance on the matter :)
There was even a fun rivalry between Zlatan and Carlos Vela, both of them had still good level to play in Europe and were competing to outscore each other. If Bale moves there and manages to be semifit he should also be one of the better players over there.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
He'll enjoy LA, nice weather, plenty of golfing options. Get himself fit for the world cup.

Probably only make in a year what made in a week at Real... He's living the dream...

padzilla

Hipster
I had to laugh at the fan on Sky Sports who said Bale's signing proves the MLS is not a retirement league.

padzilla

Hipster
I bet they think the earth is flat too.
He couldn't play because he was injured despite being eligible to play, it's almost like they should get used to it.

Another guy said he was just a fan of Bale - we're starting to see a lot people who follow players rather than teams, which is quite interesting.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Was the most crazy game I have watched in a long long time.

Bale only had three touches of the ball before his goal!!

Just a ridiculous game!