Gareth Bale | Golfer, ex-Footballer, Elbower of racists, Philosopher, Golf Ambassador, Bar Owner, Real Legend, Defibrillator

Madridista7

Supports
Real Madrid
A Real Madrid Legend. Pity how it ended. He was bought to finally win the Decima which he delivered by scoring the winning goal in the final. In his time we went on to win 4 more. He had a significant role in at least 3 out of the 5 UCL wins. At his peak, he was the best RW in the world. Gracias Gareth.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Has there been any indication or speculation about his next club?

Santos J

Cardiff are favourites, not that that means much, his agent spoke about them being a possibility though but would still be surprised.

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
His first season was the greatest, fit right in and was fantastic all season.

Second season he started to grow his hair out and bulked up, either one fecked his football. He still had good the numbers iirc but wasn’t as good as during the first season. That was also the season he had an injury and Ancelotti switched to a 442. The team was so much better and we played our best football. Bale then complained to Perez on not being in the team and kinda forced himself in.

Okay again in his third season, but as a team we were kinda bad because Benitez…Zidane took over and we did well. The subsequent seasons he lost his place, 2016/2017 and 2017/2018 Zidane opted to go with Isco.

Did good overall, wish he was able to replicate that first season though. He was brilliant, stats and play.

Tiber

One more year and he would have got a testimonial. Perfect excuse for a charity golf day

Kinsella

Copy & Paste Merchant
His first season was the greatest, fit right in and was fantastic all season.

Second season he started to grow his hair out and bulked up, either one fecked his football.
Started to wear a hairpiece you mean.

Valencia Shin Crosses

I think his top years are underrated at this point just because of the golf memes and his constant injuries over the past 4 years. The last couple years at Spurs and first couple of Madrid years he was unreal, and easily one of the top players in the world when fit. Great finisher, unreal strength/pace combo and an underrated dribbler as he wasn't quite the kick and run merchant that people made him out to be and could play all across the front line. It's a bummer he was so injury prone and then just didn't care about football much because he was basically a bigger/stronger version of Salah that actually played well in big games :lol:

LARulz

On his day he was an exceptional player. Sad to see he won't be remembered by many as that, or at least for a while

I don't know why, but would oddly like it if we signed him (on reasonable wages)

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
A Yachting club in the Bahamas? The dood has made his money, still remember his bicycle kick in the CL final vs Liverpool, talk about big occasion vs a big team.

Zen

I love the fact that he has 3 titles from the 3 seasons he had minimal(to none-existent this season) involvement in.

I'd have him quite comfortably below almost every key player of his generation, but you know, he did have 2 absolute worldies in finals. But I still think he's a nutter, and will likely bang in 2 against Ukraine at the weekend, because he's almost certainly one of the few players who can casually rock up, completely no match fitness, probably not trying in training and do that. Which is legendary in itself.

RedStarUnited

A Real Madrid Legend. Pity how it ended. He was bought to finally win the Decima which he delivered by scoring the winning goal in the final. In his time we went on to win 4 more. He had a significant role in at least 3 out of the 5 UCL wins. At his peak, he was the best RW in the world. Gracias Gareth.
when was this and where was Messi playing?

PeteManic

I have a little bit of respect for Bale that here is a player who played the system and won. I'm guessing that he fell out of love with football at RM many years ago but turned up and went through the motions and made sure to fulfil his contract to earn all his money. Most players are chewed up and spat out by Madrid and other elite clubs. And he wasn't forced out the back door like Casillas and Ramos and the others over the years.

I think if Wales don't get to the World Cup he will retire. I'm sure he is waiting for that first before deciding.

PeteManic

CR7? Zidane?
The guy above was trolling but he is easily Top 10 foreign players. Off the top of my head in no order

Di Stefano
Puskas
Hugo Sanchez
Ronaldo
Zidane
Marcelo
Roberto Carlos
Bale
Modric

Well that's 8 9 at least (forgot Modric FFS!). You could include Figo, the real Ronaldo, Mijatovic, Redondo and of course the chancer McManaman.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Probably the best player I've seen representing Wales.

Still find it strange that Hazard is rated higher than Bale, the transition from Left Back to one of the worlds best wingers was a joy to watch and one you'll probably not see often.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
The guy above was trolling but he is easily Top 10 foreign players. Off the top of my head in no order

Di Stefano
Puskas
Hugo Sanchez
Ronaldo
Zidane
Marcelo
Roberto Carlos
Bale
Modric

Well that's 8 9 at least (forgot Modric FFS!). You could include Figo, the real Ronaldo, Mijatovic, Redondo and of course the chancer McManaman.
Casemiro, Benzema, Kroos, Makelele,

dinostar77

So do we think Bale was good enough to turn us into title winners if he had turned down Real Madrid and come to us instead? It was Moyes in charge when we made the alledged £100mil offer for him wasnt it?

PeteManic

So do we think Bale was good enough to turn us into title winners if he had turned down Real Madrid and come to us instead? It was Moyes in charge when we made the alledged £100mil offer for him wasnt it?
No.