Gareth Bale is signaling he wants to leave Real

ryansgirl

now despite the fact he has played in games and has made a significant number of Real fans happy at last with his performances.

Does anybody see a link here with United desperate for striking power and experience or do you think it is just another case of Gareth will turn down United again if the club makes moves to talk to him/his agent?
I have to admit now, with our lack of experience and manpower dragging us down it might be good if Gareth Bale was looking to make his exit from Real and would possibly consider United.

However, the nagging questions remain - his fitness, his obvious indifference to Manchester United in turning us down a few times, the fact that United is not attractive at the moment to players of Gareth's status, lack of Champions League football, the way the squad looks at the moment and the media reveling in United's 'fall' etc. Plus the wages. Is Gareth Bale at United finally going to happen or is it ridiculous to even consider it?

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Don't think so. United have been leaking to the press for some time about the attributes of signings moving forward. He doesn't fit any of them.

Son

Absolutely brilliant player on his day. The fact remains he is often a sick note and his peak has gone. Martial and Bale up front... Good luck Ole keeping both fit.

We should be going for the next Salah or Mane than Bale. His wages alone in a few years could pay for a 23 yr old with possible massive sell on value.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Let's not. I'm 90 percent sure we'd be unsatisfied with most of his performances then when he completely drops off, which I'm guessing will be sooner rather than later, we'll be saddled with him while he's picking up a million quid a week.

In any case he'll probably turn us down if we approached and we'd get laughed at on twitter.

Red_toad

If we can get a deal like inter got for Sanchez then why not. He’d instantly be our best attacker when fit.

romufc

If you read about him, he is completely the opposite of what we need.

Does he tick any of the requirements:

A player who wants to focus on Improving - No
A player that will go the extra mile for the team - No
Player without a big ego - No
Young upcoming player - No

I read an article where he prefers golf over football and his wages will be 500k minimum.

Remind you of anyone?

Gandalf

The article looks to be largely made up. His own comments yesterday imply he is happy enough at Real but of course there is always going to be an undercurrent so long as Zidane is Manager because they flat out dislike one another. He was pissed off about the CL game but that seems to be not so much about the fact that he didn't play rather how Zidane presented it to the media.

Supposedly Zidane told him he was leaving him out to rest him for league games which is fair enough when you consider it was Brugge, but then in his press conference before the match Zidane said Bale was injured which was not true and that upset Bale because he gets plenty of stick over his injury record and he didn't appreciate Zidane stirring the pot and lying about his reasons for leaving him out.

Revaulx

Don't think so. United have been leaking to the press for some time about the attributes of signings moving forward. He doesn't fit any of them.
Except for being British. Which might be enough for Ed right now :nervous:

redshaw

Only a few weeks ago he wanted to stay at Madrid come hell or high water.

Jan is a long time away, he could get a few games and "be happy at Madrid" again and he wanted to fight for his place, plenty of games to do that in. Seems as though this is just stories due to him not appearing in a recent game while featuring in another. Balague was on the BBC talking this story up.

I seriously doubt he wants to work hard at United and help out a struggling team. He'll be after a mega deal in China or US.

Last edited:

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I'd like him here because I think he is what Greenwood needs to compete with as a RF and not a RW.

He is the player we should have got instead of both Sanchez, Lukaku & possibly even Zlatan because they all effected Rashford & Martial negatively nevermind their ability in the future.

Rashford/James - Greenwood/Bale

Let them play as striker partnerships thst start off slightly wider in a 433.

Centrally let Martial & Gomes play as a false 9 to interlink those 2 upfront wider players & even then Bale can play centrally for us.

I am not happy about his wages but if this can be sorted with a contract that influences him to get paid to the degree he plays then again - he could have covered the role of Lukaku, Sanchez & Zlatan all by himself whilst leaving the space for the younger players on their best positions.

RedChisel

In the summer it would have been a definite no but with the state of our attack I wouldn't be against it as a short term measure. Would instantly be our best attacker, not that that's saying much.

Bulldog United

In the summer it would have been a definite no but with the state of our attack I wouldn't be against it as a short term measure. Would instantly be our best attacker, not that that's saying much.
Bale is going to be looking for one big final payday contracted for as many years as possible. I can't see him signing any short-term deal with us. Good luck to whoever does give him what he wants.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I think he was always calling Madrid's bluff about being determined to stay and fight for his place and being blissfully happy in the City. He wanted them to force him out and for them to pay through the teeth to get him to move.

I think he will be more than happy getting a big payoff before going to rip up MLS in a lovely American city for the next 3-4 years.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
If the price is right

Havak

Pokemon master
I've been against us signing him for a long time... Basically every time it arose. However, as long as the price isn't astronomical, I'd probably be pretty happy with the club looking at a loan move in January. It'd probably be worth the gamble of him staying fit for five months as it could be the difference of 10+ points in the end which could mean at least a top half finish or even a European place depending on how we do leading up to Christmas now. What I don't want is for the club to make long-term big money signings of 3-4 years on players that may or may not have an instant impact but decline fast in their overall contribution (Di Maria, Matic etc). If we can get a short-term deal with perhaps the option to buy then it's definitely worth the consideration at least.

It could benefit Bale as if he does well, he might get to stay here and we all love him, or he will probably get a move elsewhere as he'd actually be starting for us and not necessarily getting that chance to shine at Madrid. Still, it's a signing I am more against than for, but if we are sitting in the bottom half of the table in December then risks and measures are going to have to be taken. It'll be embarrassing enough if we finish this season in 8th-10th, let alone in not in the top half completely. Thankfully, it would only take a decent month's form to sway this in the more positive outlook (although, it could easily be the opposite :( ).

Gandalf

He has played every league game so far this season, is in great form and looks fantastic and was applauded off the pitch by the Real fans when substituted at the weekend. Balague pulled this story out of his arse.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Let's not. I'm 90 percent sure we'd be unsatisfied with most of his performances then when he completely drops off, which I'm guessing will be sooner rather than later, we'll be saddled with him while he's picking up a million quid a week.

In any case he'll probably turn us down if we approached and we'd get laughed at on twitter.
I'm 100% sure nobody would be complaining about his performances given the state on the rest of the squad.

Lee565

No, dont waste paying out some crazy salary that he would want in hope of his performances matching that under a league 1 level manager.

Greck

Is this the longest non-transfer saga in United history?

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
I'm 100% sure nobody would be complaining about his performances given the state on the rest of the squad.
Fair point, I suppose I mean relative to his billing and wages. We'd expect big things from him and I'm pretty sure he wouldn't deliver.

MadMike

The only way I would take him is on loan with Real subsidising 3/4s of his wages and a very nominal loan fee. Don't see Real Madrid going for it though.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
The article looks to be largely made up. His own comments yesterday imply he is happy enough at Real but of course there is always going to be an undercurrent so long as Zidane is Manager because they flat out dislike one another. He was pissed off about the CL game but that seems to be not so much about the fact that he didn't play rather how Zidane presented it to the media.

Supposedly Zidane told him he was leaving him out to rest him for league games which is fair enough when you consider it was Brugge, but then in his press conference before the match Zidane said Bale was injured which was not true and that upset Bale because he gets plenty of stick over his injury record and he didn't appreciate Zidane stirring the pot and lying about his reasons for leaving him out.
He didn't? He said James had a knock, nothing about Bale

fergiesarmy1

The only way I would take him is on loan with Real subsidising 3/4s of his wages and a very nominal loan fee. Don't see Real Madrid going for it though.
With Ed negotiating we would probably end up giving bale more than he is on now.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
I think he was always calling Madrid's bluff about being determined to stay and fight for his place and being blissfully happy in the City. He wanted them to force him out and for them to pay through the teeth to get him to move.

I think he will be more than happy getting a big payoff before going to rip up MLS in a lovely American city for the next 3-4 years.
He holds all the card against Madrid at the moment. He will finish his contract with Madrid then move to MLS.

SungSam7

Fair play to Bale, he has basically handicapped Real Madrid for the past 3 years with his high wages. On top of that, no one will match the asking price for him. Anything negative for Real Madrid has my respect! Hate that club! Thank you Bale, see out your contract like a good lad.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Fair play to Bale, he has basically handicapped Real Madrid for the past 3 years with his high wages. On top of that, no one will match the asking price for him. Anything negative for Real Madrid has my respect! Hate that club! Thank you Bale, see out your contract like a good lad.
Real also dropped the ball by changing their minds at the last second about not wanting a fee from a Chinese club, he was all but out the door until that point.

That scenario points to Real wanting a hefty transfer fee (not going to happen) and if he were allowed to leave on a free, why would he join a struggling side that only offer him 1/3 of his current salary (£200k a week) when he could almost double it (£1m a week) by moving to China? Any rational person wouldn't give up an extra £800k a week just for the privilege of playing for United - that's £41.6m extra a year, or £124.8m extra over a three year contract (based on the rumoured contract offer he had from China).

He has also been better than Hazard this season by all accounts, though maybe that's because the guy who supposedly has more interest in golf can stay in shape better than a guy who should be looking to impress his new club?