Gareth Bale is signaling he wants to leave Real

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Zidane has been a massive prick too, I don’t totally side with Bale, but that club and their fans are awful, they owe him a lot more than what he’s currently getting! He was integral in finally getting La Decima! And played a decent part in helping them win the proceeding 3 CL’s in a row!
How has Zidane been a prick? What does the club owe him exactly?

RUCK4444

How has Zidane been a prick? What does the club owe him exactly?
Well in a nutshell what they do owe him is his weekly wages, as outlined in the contract that was mutually agreed!

I know people don't like player power but people need to understand you are talking about a legally binding contract, if Real agreed to give him said contract and now don't particularly fancy playing him anymore then they aren't legally or morally entitled to just get rid of him.

It's exactly like walking into a car showroom, signing a finance agreement for a set monthly fee over an agreed period, then after a little while saying 'ah bored of this car now, just get rid of it.' It doesn't work like that, Madrid have created the position they are in now by signing him up on sky high wages, knowing his injury record, publicly created a scene by confirming they don't want the player meaning no club wants to agree to his wages and no doubt would want to pay a pittance for him.

Again it's Madrid's doing, not Bale. He's played when fit and played well, his numbers are good and he's scored some very important goals.

Reactions: Jippy

Snow

Well in a nutshell what they do owe him is his weekly wages, as outlined in the contract that was mutually agreed!

I know people don't like player power but people need to understand you are talking about a legally binding contract, if Real agreed to give him said contract and now don't particularly fancy playing him anymore then they aren't legally or morally entitled to just get rid of him.

It's exactly like walking into a car showroom, signing a finance agreement for a set monthly fee over an agreed period, then after a little while saying 'ah bored of this car now, just get rid of it.' It doesn't work like that, Madrid have created the position they are in now by signing him up on sky high wages, knowing his injury record, publicly created a scene by confirming they don't want the player meaning no club wants to agree to his wages and no doubt would want to pay a pittance for him.

Again it's Madrid's doing, not Bale. He's played when fit and played well, his numbers are good and he's scored some very important goals.
Where are you getting it from that he's owed wages?

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
They owe him his weekly wages. He didn't say that they owe him unpaid wages. His weekly wages are set pr his contract and they are by definition owed until the completion of the terms of his contract.

Zidane was being a bit of a scumbag by going public and saying that it was best that Bale found himself a new employer during the pre-season.

RUCK4444

Sorry but what is it that you don't understand about how a contract works? He is entitled to his weekly wage for the remainder of his contract term regardless of whether Madrid want him anymore, unless he goes AWOL or commits some other form of gross misconduct they are legally bound to pay him his wages every week.

I think sometimes people get lost in the alternate universe that football tends to be, but at the end of the day a contract is a contract in any walk of life, it's binding and Bale has every right to see out the remainder of his contract.

People seem to think it's a disgrace for players to want to see out their agreed contract but ask yourself, if you moved your family to another country where you are happy, have an awesome wage, a great lifestyle. Why would you give all that up and uproot your family again for less money? Then ask yourself why Madrid are entitled to expect Bale to do that.

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
I believe that Madrid have always behaved well with Bale.
First with a great contract in a difficult period of injuries, securing his undisputed position in the 11th and refusing to sell him after the Kiev final against Zidane's opinion.
Press and fans are not blind, Benzema, Marcelo, Varane or Kroos have recently been criticized and nobody can imagine them posing with a flag that indirectly harms the club.
Not all the madridistas in the world have to know that it is a reference to Mijatovic.
He is criticized for lack of leadership, commitment and irregular performance, reasonable seeing that he is the best paid and the theoretical leader of the team.
From what I understand, it was Bale's family who stopped the signing of China when it was done.
https://www.marca.com/en/football/real-madrid/2019/07/28/5d3d9db7e2704e02208b4603.html
China because no European team was especially interested,possibly because of the string of reasons the press is using now to criticize him
I mean, Real Madrid may buy a nuke and throw at Camp Nou and you'd be here saying 'I always believed that Madrid has behaved well in this in bombing'. No shit.

James Ward

I'd take him in January for the remainder of the season paying his wages.

Wouldn't want him any longer than that.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
I mean, Real Madrid may buy a nuke and throw at Camp Nou and you'd be here saying 'I always believed that Madrid has behaved well in this in bombing'. No shit.
:D yes, I am not very objective but I do not understand that the role of victim is attributed to him.

Snow

Sorry but what is it that you don't understand about how a contract works? He is entitled to his weekly wage for the remainder of his contract term regardless of whether Madrid want him anymore, unless he goes AWOL or commits some other form of gross misconduct they are legally bound to pay him his wages every week.

I think sometimes people get lost in the alternate universe that football tends to be, but at the end of the day a contract is a contract in any walk of life, it's binding and Bale has every right to see out the remainder of his contract.

People seem to think it's a disgrace for players to want to see out their agreed contract but ask yourself, if you moved your family to another country where you are happy, have an awesome wage, a great lifestyle. Why would you give all that up and uproot your family again for less money? Then ask yourself why Madrid are entitled to expect Bale to do that.
Chill on the assumptions buddy. You said Real treated him badly because owe him wages. Owing him wages implies that he has earned money that hasn't been paid to him. If he would be sold tomorrow they would not owe him money for the contract he signed. If he's been paid then Real aren't treating him badly are they? It's not like he's not being played either so I imagine a lot of "Zidane is treating Bale badly" because if he were why would he play him everytime the dude becomes fit again?

Generally professional players don't play for free I'd imagine.
Didn't say that they do. I was asking where does it say that Real owe him wages? Was he not paid for last week or last month?

Snow

They owe him his weekly wages. He didn't say that they owe him unpaid wages. His weekly wages are set pr his contract and they are by definition owed until the completion of the terms of his contract.

Zidane was being a bit of a scumbag by going public and saying that it was best that Bale found himself a new employer during the pre-season.
Real "owing him wages" in the context of "Real is treating Bale badly" suggests that they haven't paid him money that he's earned. I ask again, how has Bale been treated badly by the club?

Zidane said he didn't play in that one game because he is close to leaving which is the best thing for all parties. Is he wrong? Bale doesn't want to be there and you don't want to keep a player that doesn't want to be there.

Needham

Whatever he does in the future he's surely due some stunning merchandising deals with Titleist. "Titleist. Cancer. Ping", that sort of thing.

Rojofiam

Hilarous, but not as much as their fans being upset about it. fecking hypocrites :lol:

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
As others have said, Madrid have treated Bale disgracefully, trying to force him out through the papers, Zidane publicly saying he would never play Gareth in his starting 11.

Literally trying to force a player out the door who is under a contract they willingly signed him up to, they deserve to have a bit of this treatment.

A contract works both ways, the same way a player shouldn’t go on strike the club shouldn’t publicly force a contracted player out of the club.

Their fans in the stadium are a disgrace, I mean whistling Cristiano feckin’ Ronaldo if he went a game or so without scoring - wtf?? Chasing Bale and others out of the stadium when they are leaving in their cars.

Milk them Gareth, for every penny Lad!!
Key word. Both ways.

It will cost him, one way or another.

RUCK4444

Chill on the assumptions buddy. You said Real treated him badly because owe him wages. Owing him wages implies that he has earned money that hasn't been paid to him. If he would be sold tomorrow they would not owe him money for the contract he signed. If he's been paid then Real aren't treating him badly are they? It's not like he's not being played either so I imagine a lot of "Zidane is treating Bale badly" because if he were why would he play him everytime the dude becomes fit again?

Didn't say that they do. I was asking where does it say that Real owe him wages? Was he not paid for last week or last month?
As other posters have pointed out, I didn’t say he was owed wages for previous weeks/months, I was stating the fact that they are legally obliged to continue paying him every week until the contract expires or the player agrees to leave.

You’ve misread my post, I said that they’ve treated Bale badly by how Zidane has publicly discarded him and the way they have tried to force him out of the club.

RUCK4444

Key word. Both ways.

You mean it will cost Bale? Unless he agrees to sign a contract elsewhere he still be paid for playing golf in old Espana.

Personally if he did know about that flag he was holding up after the Wales game then I think he must have agreed a move in January, if not he’s more ballsy than I thought.

fps

No it was very clear what he meant.

RoyH1

How's his Spanish?
He never gives interviews, but I've read some Madrid insider stuff were they say he can speak basic Spanish well enough and can understand most of what's being said.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Key word. Both ways.

The only way it costs him is no playing time. If Madrid want to leave him on the bench and never play him then so be it, he'll collect his huge wage and be happy playing golf.

Alfie092

I would still take him at United providing it's an initial loan deal with an option to buy. In case it does go wrong like Sanchez, then we won't have to worry about being stuck with him. If it works out where he performs well and if he stays fit, then we have a quality player on our hands even if it's only for around 3 seasons maximum.

Knowing our luck, he is more likely to flop than do well but who knows? Maybe if Bale is playing in an environment where he is feeling happy and has the support of the people within the club and the fans then he may go back to playing at a good level.

Saying that, maybe he has lost interest in football and is happy to just sit on the bench at Madrid, collect his wage and play golf? But if he still has the hunger in him to play football then he should move on because he still has a few years left in him at the top level providing he stays fit.

I know Jose Mourinho is a big fan of Bale and with Jose now at Spurs, I think providing Levy is willing to put a lot of money aside to pay for his wages, Bale's most likely destination would be Spurs. Son, Kane and Bale is a frightening front 3 if you ask me!

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
The only way Madrid can let him off the book is to let him leave for free. He almost went to China this summer for free. It would be the best for both parties given the current situation. The coach and the fans do not appreciate him and it past the point of no return for a long time.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Will be the first Real player in forever to leave and kick on for two or more years.

Makelele was probably the last.

I’d love him here.

Botim

Supports
Royal Antwerp FC
What's with all the Spurs speculation on here? Surely Levy isn't going to sanction his 600k weekly wages at a time where half of the squad wants out because they feel they're being underpaid.
Even half of that is way more than Kane and co are on.

fergiesarmy1

What's with all the Spurs speculation on here? Surely Levy isn't going to sanction his 600k weekly wages at a time where half of the squad wants out because they feel they're being underpaid.
He’s that wealthy now he might take a package closer to Kane and co, albeit with some hefty bonuses.

I’d take him at united.

Champagne Football

The only way Madrid can let him off the book is to let him leave for free. He almost went to China this summer for free. It would be the best for both parties given the current situation. The coach and the fans do not appreciate him and it past the point of no return for a long time.
The problem is another club picking up his £600,000 a week wages. Madrid will happily let him go for free. I think they'd prefer to cough up half his wages and see him go on loan somewhere, knowing Bale will probably star back in the Premier League, then they can demand a transfer fee for him.

Is Bale willing to cut his wages in half to sign for Utd or Spurs though? Not sure about that part. And would Spurs or Utd take such a risk taking on a sicknote for anything more than a loan deal?

Judas

Open to offers
Seeing the money he's thrown at Jose, why not do the same to Bale. Clearly doesn't care half his squad deserve higher wages than he's paying them.

buckooo1978

he's going to go on loan at the very least in January

I'd be all over this loan deal if I was Ole

James/Rashford/Martial/Bale would be great options