Gareth Bale is signaling he wants to leave Real

FlapR

Right, so we've gone from him about to be sent to China, to it being cancelled last minute. He clearly isn't wanted so why should he put up with spanish fans with their dumb as feck whistling? He scored one of the best Champions League goals and they treat him like shit. He's been injured on and off but RM can get fecked, any of us would do the same thing. He's performed for them when he's played, hence his stats.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
The problem is another club picking up his £600,000 a week wages. Madrid will happily let him go for free. I think they'd prefer to cough up half his wages and see him go on loan somewhere, knowing Bale will probably star back in the Premier League, then they can demand a transfer fee for him.

Is Bale willing to cut his wages in half to sign for Utd or Spurs though? Not sure about that part. And would Spurs or Utd take such a risk taking on a sicknote for anything more than a loan deal?
I highly doubt anyone in any industry will cut his wages let alone in half to join another company when he has a binding contract on hand. No one will pay for a transfer fee for him when everyone and their dog knows he almost left for free to china last summer. Real Madrid is not in a position that can just pay his wages and bench him so Bale holds all the cards and rightly so.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
It's weird, I genuinely can't remember Bale playing in the late 2000s, thought he broke through this decade. Now I'm browsing through PL highlights from the late 2000s and I see an 18 year old Bale!

croadyman

It's weird, I genuinely can't remember Bale playing in the late 2000s, thought he broke through this decade. Now I'm browsing through PL highlights from the late 2000s and I see an 18 year old Bale!
First time I remember seeing Bale was when Spurs played Arsenal in 07. He scored a free kick but the game is remembered for Adebayor's brilliant volley.

redmeister

First time I remember seeing Bale was when Spurs played Arsenal in 07. He scored a free kick but the game is remembered for Adebayor's brilliant volley.
That's from the period of Bale's career most football fans have deleted from their memory, so they push the myth that Bale was a flop when he first joined Spurs, rather than the 18 year old who scored 3 goals in 8 games, before suffering the first of several bad injuries that would derail him for a couple of years.

Alfie092

Imagine we signed Bale and Thiago Alcantara/Fabregas the summer Moyes took over from Fergie :D

Champagne Football

Sweet strike that lashes back off the post in the last minute at home to PSG. He's still got the magic even though he was only on the pitch a few mins.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Surely on his way to China for a final pay day.

With the amount of injuries he has had I dont think any clubs will be lining up to offer him a bumper contract once he leaves Madrid. The only other option is massive pay cut if he wants to stay in European competition.