Gareth Bale | Golfer, ex-Footballer, Elbower of racists, Philosopher, Golf Ambassador, Bar Owner, Real Legend, Defibrillator

Skills

Snitch
I hope he's shit.

Excited to see him back in the PL though.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
It's weird to think he left Spurs all the way back in 2013. It doesn't feel like it's been more than just a couple of years.

el3mel

That ended up being a nightmare debut with his miss as well.

Though still early to judge him I believe.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
There's still disappointed people in here, sad that we didn't sign him.
Well it depends on how it goes doesn't it, right now I'd rather have Bale on loan than Cavani on a free but let's see

Oo0AahCantona

Id take bale in a heartbeat, writing him off after a 15 minute cameo is... unwise. It took us 4 games to get any real performance out of the team after the time off, you cant expect him to come in and score a bicycle kick hattrick on his debut.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I dont personally care what people think but I'd still want him.

It was his first game and that dribble for his 1vs1 chance was fantastic.

Madridista2000

Supports
Real Madrid
Clearly lots of the so called pundits have not seen Bale since 2013. Maybe except a few CL finals. He is nowhere near the player he was last time he was in PL. People hyping up Tottenham front 3 Kane, Son and Bale... Bale is pretty crap if you ask me.

el3mel

While I didn't want him, but not like we didn't actually sign another +30 years old attacker with some doubts around his fitness for the season anyway, eh ?

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
He still has it, we just ned to get him match fit and stay fit.
Yeah I agree.

The only doubt I have for him is actually Jose's way he might utilise him.

Mourinho sometimes likes the tactic of having a winger on one side who stays closer to the touchline and aims a cross to a striker like Kane. Kane is look very creative now so Son and Bale cutting on either side could/should work. Bale can also play CAM/SS like he does for Wales. He was that speedy LW when he left spurs (I actually think that was always his best position than RW because he looked more fluid there) but he might not have the speed to play such a position anymore.

I enjoy watching Bale play and hope he gets to a useful standard when I have a neutral type of mind as he is one of my favourite players of the last generation. I personally dont see him as this Sanchez type player who came with high expectations and fell I'm nearly every single way. Bale is at home, he doesnt have wonder expectations and as long as he is tactically made to play well then I dont see why he shouldn't be better than Berjwijn or Lucas Moura for example.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
There were times when he looked slow to me but either that’s because I still think he’s incredibly fast and now he’s just fast, or it’s fitness still.

nice footwork before he shot, I think he will score in the next game