Gareth Bale vs Madrid

RoyH1

Word is that his family really likes it over there and that plays into the equation.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Well then its the Madrid board who come off as mugs in such a scenario. A manager is well within his rights to pick whatever team he wants, but if everyone else is unavailable or injured or whatever and the manager still isn't playing a player due to a personal vendetta, then the board needs to call out the manager for wasting the club's money to play out his vendetta. Also, its not like Bale has been unprofessional or missed training or anything like that. He's merely underperformed and its a manager's prerogative to make an underperforming player play well if they can't get rid off him.
You're right, and maybe it would happen with another coach, but Zidane has too much power.
Something similar happened with James.
Even as soon as he arrived, he sat Courtois.
In any case, with Vini, Rodrygo, Jovic, Benzema, Mariano, Hazard, Odegaard ?, +Cristo/Gelabert from Castilla is difficult to reach that situation.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
Even if he wasn’t injured all the time, the guy’s won 4 CL trophies and La Liga. Realistically Wales aren’t going to win anything in his career. Where’s his motivation supposed to come from? At this stage of his career, having racked up a better trophy haul than 99% of players, I can see why he would prefer to take it easy at Madrid, rather than slugging it out at Spurs, United or Chelsea.
I don't know how Bale thinks, but maybe, if he was actually fit, he could find some motivation in, for instance, being a part of bringing United back to glory. All while having his name chanted by thousands every week.

In any case, as I said, his injuries are likely the root of all this. If they weren't, and if it was me being worth 125m, I'd probably do that instead of being hounded by every Madrid fan and newspaper.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
His legs have gone and he knows it. He’s won the lot, I don’t have any issue with him having no ambition beyond collecting what Real are contractually obliged to pay him.

passing-wind

He will almost certainly decline earlier than if he was playing on a regular basis, it's good Madrid are stuck with him he's had a multitude of opportunities to come here but has always turned us down. Let him continue to be Madrid's headache.

backofthenet

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He's not the messiah... he's a very naughty boy
Madrid are now desperate to get rid of him to balance the books. They will have FFP considerations to worry about considering they've spent well over 300m this summer already. High earning, high fee attracting players are very important to them and I suspect that they counted on a premiership side begging to take Bale off their hands. They're now panicing and trying to make it as uncomfortable for Bale as they can so he actively seeks a new club. I personally hope he stuffs them so they have to consider some exits that they don't want... Varane, Isco, Casemiro etc.

Mastadon

Supports
Arsenal
That’s your opinion. For Bale this is a job and his livelihood. He’s not under any obligation to be winning trophies and making history.
It is my opinion of course. What else would it be?

Red_Aaron

Madrids whole MO is to unsettle other clubs players and encourage them to force through moves.

We'll, here's a little payback for you real

Enjoy the sunshine Gareth, take a couple of shots of your handicap, pick up your half a mill every week. Fcuk em

AshRK

Have zero sympathy with Bale. He had a chance to leave 2 seasons ago but he chose not to so why is he crying n ow. Moreover he is getting paid huge money so it's not like he is playing for free. Having said that feck madrid and their supporters

Have zero sympathy with Bale. He had a chance to leave 2 seasons ago but he chose not to so why is he crying n ow. Moreover he is getting paid huge money so it's not like he is playing for free. Having said that feck madrid and their supporters
This is what I don't understand either

fergiesarmy1

Yup, happy to take their money so quit being a little b...h about it.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Apart from Madrid and their fans being complete wankers and blaming Bale for everything even though he is one of their better and most consistent performers. Madrid threw money about to tie him down and now they want to use him as a scapegoat for their massive failures from their management, CEOs, scouts, whatever, he is just taking the piss and draining their bank accounts by being there.

If they gave you a 5 year contract for Megabucks, why move somewhere else when they don't want you for less? Would you take a huge paycut in your job and move somewhere you don't want to be like that when you're perfectly happy where you're at?

AshRK

Apart from Madrid and their fans being complete wankers and blaming Bale for everything even though he is one of their better and most consistent performers. Madrid threw money about to tie him down and now they want to use him as a scapegoat for their massive failures from their management, CEOs, scouts, whatever, he is just taking the piss and draining their bank accounts by being there.

If they gave you a 5 year contract for Megabucks, why move somewhere else when they don't want you for less? Would you take a huge paycut in your job and move somewhere you don't want to be like that when you're perfectly happy where you're at?
I agree with what you say and that is why I said feck madrid and their fans too but I cannot sympathise with Bale either. He acts like he is some victim when he had a chance to leave but chose to play for them. Why moan now. You chose to extend your contract knowing well how the madrid fans act. This is why I have no sympathy for players joining madrid. If I join a company where I know I would be abused if I fail to deliver but i chose to stay because they are playing me more then I shouldn't be getting any sympathy. In this case both Bale and madrid are getting what they deserve.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Maybe I've missed it but where is he crying about it?

RU Devil

:lol:
Hilarious. His face is like "what do you want me to do with this", then "here, take this, I don't want to hold it".

Hazard's demeanor is funny too. It's like "oh, this should be good" just before Varane heads to Bale, and his smile when the pic is taken is like a Cheshire cat.

AshRK

Maybe I've missed it but where is he crying about it?
His agent have been moaning about it since last season. It's like they want to show to Zidane and Madrid how good they are and how Zidane is wrong. My point is why should we sympathize with Bale even if Zidane is mistreating him. I will always say Zidane is a jerk but Bale must have already realised that and even then he wants to be there so why should he get any benefit of doubt.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Zero sympathy for him or any other Madrid player. It's no secret how they behave, they have done it before and will again, but the thick feckers still sign for them, convinced it won't happen to them.

Jimmy_Bond

Bale showing just a tiny fraction of the contempt to the club that the club have shown him after he's done so much for them.

Brilliant.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Was Varane captain? Don't understand why he's handing it over in the first place?

Skills

Snitch
:lol:
That whole clip is stupid. They slow down the clip to make it look like Bale didn't want to accept the emblem from Varane, when in real time he had a look at it, took it and passed it to Carvajal.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Varane should stand/crouch in the middle then. :lol:

Honestly I can imagine this being played hourly in Spain now and Bale getting whistled from first touch in their next home match now.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
It is not a big thing. That's Bale.He goes on his own.
He won´t have talks with team mates before the match or give explanations to the press in defeat or things like that.
He arrives, plays and leaves. As if he were Odriozola and not the team leader.
Maybe he just didn't understand that had to keep it.

Gandalf

Gareth Bale, King of Comedy.

Honestly this is a fuss over nothing, I doubt he was trying to send any kind of message and the video has been cropped and slowed down in a way to make it look like more than it is. I don't see why he should have talks with his team mates anyway, if they can't be arsed to learn Welsh why should he speak Spanish?

Billy Blaggs

Flacco of the Blaggs tribe
Gareth Bale, King of Comedy.

Honestly this is a fuss over nothing, I doubt he was trying to send any kind of message and the video has been cropped and slowed down in a way to make it look like more than it is. I don't see why he should have talks with his team mates anyway, if they can't be arsed to learn Welsh why should he speak Spanish?
I'm not sure if you're serious.

RedCurry

That whole clip is stupid. They slow down the clip to make it look like Bale didn't want to accept the emblem from Varane, when in real time he had a look at it, took it and passed it to Carvajal.
Not to mention, it could easily be the fact that Carvajal is an academy grad and you can understand why he might have done it.