Gareth Bale

Status
Not open for further replies.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
No way his agent said what he just said and he turns up at a different club other than Spurs.
Also no way Levy agrees to a loan and pays his massive wages, especially in this environment. Going to be interesting to see what the deal looks like...

Unless Sancho is going to happen I do feel United are missing out not taking him on loan, the reward is far greater than the risk for someone like Bale
There is no way we are paying anything over £300K a week, loan or signing.

CG1010

So essentially the negotiations between Real Madrid and Spurs are going something like..
RM: We pay half of wages of Bale and you take him on loan
Spurs: Won't let you off so cheap.. you pay half of wages of Bale and you also take Deli Ali on loan from us :lol:

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Anything other than a loan deal without loan fee, and Real Madrid covers 60% or more of his salary is a failure for Levy. Levy is doing RM a favor here.

Madridista2000

Supports
Real Madrid
Yes. I think Tottenham will pay half his wages at Madrid. The other half will be split between Bale and RM. So in entirety he will still make 3/4 of what he makes at Madrid for playing golf and sitting injured at Tottenham.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Why would I be expecting the worst, being a football fan is shit if you cant have dreams and expectations.
Like I said, good on you if you are happy.

From a dispassionate point of view though, Bale has been playing part time, is injury prone, is 31 and was ready to pack his bags for China.

I’m delighted links to United amounted to nowt.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
But he cant be swapped for a player that Madrid were willing to let go for free at one stage?
What does Bale do to the wage structre? This is a higgl risky move. Without Dele you are us pre Bruno. No invention through the middle and unable to get the ball forward quick enough
No way. Dele isn't even a creative player, he's much more a goalscorer(which he doesn't even do often in recent seasons) than anything. If Tottenham are looking for invention and creativity then Dele isn't the guy that will bring that.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Yes. I think Tottenham will pay half his wages at Madrid. The other half will be split between Bale and RM. So in entirety he will still make 3/4 of what he makes at Madrid for playing golf and sitting injured at Tottenham.
You obviously not familiar with Levy and Bale. Why would Bale take a pay cut with 2 year contract remaining? Thank Levy if you can even save 100k/week from this deal.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
But he cant be swapped for a player that Madrid were willing to let go for free at one stage?
What does Bale do to the wage structre? This is a higgl risky move. Without Dele you are us pre Bruno. No invention through the middle and unable to get the ball forward quick enough
Dele is about as creative as a hobnob. He is a player who can score out of nothing, but hes not creative. That was Eriksen and now GLC.

starman

:lol:

So Dele might be going to Real? I wonder how he will cope living in another country, from watching the documentary he like a overgrown 5 year old.

cyberman

Dele is about as creative as a hobnob. He is a player who can score out of nothing, but hes not creative. That was Eriksen and now GLC.
And he is all you got. Taking that away doesn't take the problem away. Le Celso is too sideways to take up that mantle. Youll now have zero goal threat through midfield.
Proof is in the pudding i suppose

Santoryo

ripping the reward
No way his agent said what he just said and he turns up at a different club other than Spurs.
Also no way Levy agrees to a loan and pays his massive wages, especially in this environment. Going to be interesting to see what the deal looks like...

Unless Sancho is going to happen I do feel United are missing out not taking him on loan, the reward is far greater than the risk for someone like Bale
No it's not. People have to understand we weren't going to be getting Bale of 4 years ago, we would have instead got past it, borderline washed up Bale who has hardly played any competitive football for 2 years. And the risks would have been him cashing in 300k per week to be Phil Jones roommate in the physio room for the majority of his loan time with us.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
And he is all you got. Taking that away doesn't take the problem away. Le Celso is too sideways to take up that mantle. Youll now have zero goal threat through midfield.
Yeah lots of possibilities right now - lets just see what happens. It's pretty exciting though I gotta say.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Ummmm what, GLC is far from sideways? I agree it could go totally tits up, but why the feck would I wanna believe that?

starman

No it's not. People have to understand we weren't going to be getting Bale of 4 years ago, we would have instead got past it, borderline washed up Bale who has hardly played any competitive football for 2 years. And the risks would have been him cashing in 300k per week to be Phil Jones roommate in the physio room for the majority of his loan time with us.
Of course it is, on form he's still one of the best players in the world. Hes a two time PFA winner who's been unhappy for several years and under appreciated at Real while still contributing to trophy wins. Zidane has never really liked him, yet has made massive contribution to all 3 of his CL wins

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Come on, admit it, if there are all firing, it looks pretty fecking good on the pitch.
Yes, mate. If he clicks it could be tasty. Still, this could all end in tears especially with Mourinho in charge. Daniel Levy by all accounts seems to be an astute business man. No idea how he was taken in by Mourinho. I predict another 15 million hand-shake not so long in the future.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Yes, mate. If he clicks it could be tasty. Still, this could all end in tears especially with Mourinho in charge. Daniel Levy by all accounts seems to be an astute business man. No idea how he was taken in by Mourinho. I predict another 15 million hand-shake not so long in the future.
I cant argue with any of that, I am not saying I am 100% sure that this will work, but Bale back in the premiership is surely a good thing... again if it happens.

Sultan

Why would he lose 25% of his salary? He's in charge of this deal. Not Madrid or Spurs.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I think Lo Celso behind Kane, Son and Bale sounds promising. Hojberg makes sense now as he alongside another hard working cm could potentially give that front 4 the platform to reek havoc. Depends on if Bale still has the hunger to play and whether or not José rates Lo Celso, though.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
I think Lo Celso behind Kane, Son and Bale sounds promising. Hojberg makes sense now as he alongside another hard working cm could potentially give that front 4 the platform to reek havoc. Depends on if Bale still has the hunger to play and whether or not José rates Lo Celso, though.
100% agree, Jose was as hard on GLC as he was on Ndombelle at the start, difference was the Argie reacted and the Frenchman still hasn't, if GLC is fit he starts.

Sultan

Would you take Hazard at United tomorrow?
Although a brilliant player, Hazard is not needed.

To be fair, I would have taken Bale on a loan. Can't go back on my word like our PM. That's only because it's a position we seriously lack in quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.