Gareth Bale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madridista2000

Supports
Real Madrid
Why would he lose 25% of his salary? He's in charge of this deal. Not Madrid or Spurs.
The alternative for him is to sit on the bench for the rest of the season.
There is euros and world cup qualifiers so I guess he would want to stay matchfit.
He is quickly becoming a villain and a parody in Madrid. I hope he is motivated to play football.

Madridista2000

Supports
Real Madrid
I'm afraid (awaiting confirmation) that we will pay half Bale and Dele Alli's salary, if he comes, so we will more or less stay as we are, or lose a little bit of money.
Why on earth would we want Alli? Never heard the rumors before.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Its really not, I have no idea what Bale did or didn't do. @TrustInJanuzaj has stated 99% of players would join United, such a fecking broad statement to make. I could go into many storys about Bale to United in the past but the usual response will be "Oh, oh we were never in for him anyway" I get it this is a United forum so I simply don't bother anymore.

Do you believe 99% of players would pick United over Spurs, with out any context like playing time, history with the club etc etc? It's absolute elitist horse shit.
No I don't pal

Bosws87

Disaster all over it, Bale gets injured Mourinho lays into him whole thing crumbles.

Wouldn't want him anywhere near our club now.

Bazi

Supports
Bayern Munich
Covering his massive 28-31M € salary (depending on which figure you believe) to loan Bale for a year. Spurs would be absolutely mental to agree to that. Mourinho might not even be their coach in a month's time.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
The best thing to do is stop nibbling. United fans are frustrated at our lack of activity so the best we can do is lay traps for oppo fans.
The thing is, I'm not nibbling, I'm being nibbled at. I couldn't care less if United wanted any player we got, its petty tribal feckwittery, but I think you would agree any opposing club fan on here aren't gonna sit back like a nodding dog. I've always felt pretty welcome here, and to be honest I enjoy posting here.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
The thing is, I'm not nibbling, I'm being nibbled at. I couldn't care less if United wanted any player we got, its petty tribal feckwittery, but I think you would agree any opposing club fan on here aren't gonna sit back like a nodding dog. I've always felt pretty welcome here, and to be honest I enjoy posting here.
To borrow a Keysian phrase, it’s only banter. Like I said, United fans, myself included, are processing lots of frustration at the moment, so it’s a natural tendency to sling shit at others to feel better. Football is an emotive thing and our clubs have seemingly been looking at similar players – opposing opinions are to be expected. Bring on the actual football.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
To borrow a Keysian phrase, it’s only banter. Like I said, United fans, myself included, are processing lots of frustration at the moment, so it’s a natural tendency to sling shit at others to feel better. Football is an emotive thing and our clubs have seemingly been looking at similar players – opposing opinions are to be expected. Bring on the actual football.
Agreed..... wait.... so you did want Bale? :wenger:

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Agreed..... wait.... so you did want Bale? :wenger:
Ha!

No, glad we are going nowhere near Bale. Don’t think it’s worth it for the sums involved given his lack of play time and injuries.

Reguilon, I really did want him. But I can understand the club opting against given the apparent terms of the deal.

Spurs making their moves annoys me because we are relatively inactive, but I’m not overly bothered if people perceive that we have been beaten to the above players.

Shark

@NotShark
I really don't understand all of these United fans suddenly crying over not getting Bale, he's almost certainly finished and would demand stupid wages for not even a half a season worth of games. I mean it'll hurt if we don't get Sancho but I certainly won't be disappointed if our alternative isn't another Real Madrid cast off that doesn't want to be here.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I really don't understand all of these United fans suddenly crying over not getting Bale, he's almost certainly finished and would demand stupid wages for not even a half a season worth of games. I mean it'll hurt if we don't get Sancho but I certainly won't be disappointed if our alternative isn't another Real Madrid cast off that doesn't want to be here.
He’ll be to Spurs what Sanchez was to us

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
I completely understand why Bale would go to Spurs over us, and I am sad we're not signing him - could be brilliant for us.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I don’t! Worst troll on here. There are some good spurs fans on here. He’s not one of them - and frankly he brings out the worst in others, especially me!
Yeh but that was always quite funny as much as he triggered me too. I actually don’t mind Spurs but boy did he make me question that judgement.

Ronaldo's Love Child

I'm not overly arsed if neither Bale or Reguilon come to United but I am arsed that it looks like we showed some interest in both players and now it looks like Mourinho has poked a finger in our eye.

He has got form for this as we stole Sanchez from City and the Lukaku deal also

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
What’s the latest with Dele? Is he going the other way?

Status
Not open for further replies.