Gareth Bale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kearnkoff69

What do Spurs fans think about losing Dele? Surely that isn't a good thing?
Can't speak for all Spurs fans, but my buddy is a Spurs supporter and he was saying that there was talk amongst their fanbase last year of moving Dele on. I asked if he'd swap Dele for Bale and he doesn't personally believe they should cut bait, but I guess in some Spurs circles they wouldn't be sad to see him go.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
If we can get a certain someone over the line the PL has a ridiculous array of attackers this season.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Someone please sum it up for me because I don’t watch much of La Liga. Why are Madrid not planning to start the season with Bale? Is it because Zidane doesn’t fancy him? If so, what is the beef between them? I mean Bale virtually won him the CL two years ago in Kiev
Nobody knows. The facts are, Bale was supposed to be star of the team after Cristiano left, and he bombed. He was a good forward in 18/19, nothing more. For a player with his name, pedigree and wages, that was a huge disappointment. Then Zidane came back to finish the season and evaluate the squad to decide who was in and who was out, and he decided that Bale was out. This despite Bale actually playing well when fit during that ~two months stretch. Then the summer fracas happened, with Zidane pushing to get him out ASAP, reaching an agreement with a chinese club only for Florentino to scupper the deal by changing his mind and asking for a significant transfer fee. Asensio's injury and Rodrygo being 18 meant Bale ended up being a starter at the beginning of the season despite Zidane not wanting him, and did well in first few games. But then the PSG drubbing happened and Bale's level dropped off a cliff again. Rodrygo found his feet and got a few starts and had an immediate impact which relegated Bale back to the bench, then Zidane managed to get Isco back on track as well and that meant Bale dropped further down the pecking order. His few appearances after that were an abomination and that was it for him at madrid

Chief123

If Madrid are getting Spurs to pay all of his wages (or even 75%) then they have pulled off a blinder in getting rid of him.

Thankfully he’s on his way to Spurs now and we can stop being linked with him every summer.

Was a great player. Find it hard to see him being a big success after so long with barely any football and slowing down from his peak years.

Fooza

I would take those details from the dailyfail with a pinch of salt :lol:

dove

Spurs are clearly desperate but to be fair Son - Kane - Bale is a great front 3 on paper, if they manage to stay fit.

RedChisel

The meltdown on here if we don't get Sancho and Bale hits the ground running at Spurs will be something to behold.

starman

Where are people getting a 5 year contract from? The mail says its a 1 year loan with Real paying 60% of his wages, anyway will wait for something more official

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
He's going back to Spurs, isn't he? Mourinho loves him. Real would do well to agree to cancel his contract and Spurs could justify the outlay in wages through a signing bonus, given they don't have to pay a fee. That way, he gets all the monnies he wants.
Mandatory gloat quote.

dbs235

Nothing against Bale but if he wants to leave Madrid then surely needs to accept that his standing isn't as high as it once was and that he can't be earning 600k anymore. Can't have his cake and eat it. If he wants to earn 600k then needs to accept he'll be warming Madrid's bench. If he wants to play then he should accept a big wage decrease.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Bale will make spurs win the league, then this thread will be bumped.

led_scholes

A one year loan with the parent team paying more than 50% of the wage is a great deal for Spurs. I mean Falcao was bad but we will always remember Sanchez as the (far) worse transfer. In the worst scenario Bale turns to Falcao, and in a couple of months everyone will forget the deal.

AFC NimbleThumb

A one year loan with the parent team paying more than 50% of the wage is a great deal for Spurs. I mean Falcao was bad but we will always remember Sanchez as the (far) worse transfer. In the worst scenario Bale turns to Falcao, and in a couple of months everyone will forget the deal.
This./

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Brilliant signing for Spurs. He may not hit the ground running but will get to form eventually.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Nothing against Bale but if he wants to leave Madrid then surely needs to accept that his standing isn't as high as it once was and that he can't be earning 600k anymore. Can't have his cake and eat it. If he wants to earn 600k then needs to accept he'll be warming Madrid's bench. If he wants to play then he should accept a big wage decrease.
It is more like

If real madrid do not want to have a player collecting 600k a week sitting on the bench during pandemic, they better write off any loan fee and subsidize part of his salary to get him off the book, even for 1 year.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
I'd fecking stay there if I was Bale. No way I'd take a pay cut. feck them.
He's won it all and has nothing to prove.

Status
Not open for further replies.