Gareth Bale

Status
Not open for further replies.

clarkydaz

This is most likely true but wasn't it Ole who gave Jones a new contract and stood next to him beaming in the photo - surely that is not the direction to be going either. I feel for Ole as the idiots above him will see him out of a job sooner or later by not backing him but he has made some odd choices himself on and off the pitch and as we currently stand squad wise I fear he could be gone by end of the season.
Ole was caretaker manager then, and never plays him.

K_Ash

a 75% Bale and 88% Kane could be a very interesting combo.
Mou feels like the perfect coach for Bale, at this very moment, all things considered.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Well done, was waiting to see who would be first!

On a serious note though on the pitch being fit.
I'm only joking - I would have taken him on loan if there is no Sancho. Am not giving up on Sancho though I think it will happen.

Redfan94

Bales biggest assets was always his explosive pace, he’s the wrong side of 30 and the recipient of one too many injuries to be an option for any side with serious long term ambitions.

Plus, he smashes most club‘s wage structure to pieces, assuming Madrid pay half his £600,000 a week wage.

NJM78

Your clearly Welsh, was he always fit for internationals?
Yes I'm from Cardiff.

Obviously he has had well documented injuries but so did Giggs when playing for Wales and Bale has 80 caps compared to Giggs 64.

I think he is a great player still and on form would easily be one of the best player's at either of our clubs.

NJM78

I'm only joking - I would have taken him on loan if there is no Sancho. Am not giving up on Sancho though I think it will happen.
I know it was actually funny. Yes I would have taken him as opposed to no one being signed especially on half wages/loan. Sanchez saga stung but Bale is on another level in my opinion and can play in a position we actually need.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Yes I'm from Cardiff.

Obviously he has had well documented injuries but so did Giggs when playing for Wales and Bale has 80 caps compared to Giggs 64.

I think he is a great player still and on form would easily be one of the best player's at either of our clubs.
Thanks man!

Enfant terrible

I think that Bale will be a turning point for Spurs. And if Reguilon comes in the packag that would actually be a great window for spurs. Bale is still worldclass, unlike Sanchez was. Could become their talisman if he stays fit.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
I think that Bale will be a turning point for Spurs. And if Reguilon comes in the packag that would actually be a great window for spurs. Bale is still worldclass, unlike Sanchez was. Could become their talisman if he stays fit.
Bale is done. He's a part time player now. Injuries have fecked him, IMO of course. Not even remotely close to the player he was pre-Madrid

Enfant terrible

Yes I'm from Cardiff.

Bale will be a joy to watch. Wish he stays fit. He will have tons of motivation.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
How are Real not snapping spurs' hand off at 50% of his wages off the books? They can't seriously think anyone will pay their ludicrous salary for him when they haven't played him all year?

SinNombre

:lol: You talk some shit

8 year old. I don’t think five year olds can ‘cook’ beans in the microwave just yet
Some of you lot are complete fanboy muppets as was seen with the mental gymnastics on this thread in the past couple of days to justify signing this crock.

RUCK4444

Yes I'm from Cardiff.

Same here.

I still think he has something to offer but I do think he’s looked very leggy at time’s for Wales, not as influential as he was in the Euro’s.

It’s tricky because if he could stay fit he could probably regain a level where he would be one of the best players in the league again but he just can’t seem to stay fit and his pace is fading on him.

SinNombre

How are Real not snapping spurs' hand off at 50% of his wages off the books? They can't seriously think anyone will pay their ludicrous salary for him when they haven't played him all year?
I think they are, but after the desperation shown with Reguilon, why wouldn't you try to squeeze out more.

With Reguilon, they essentially got Spurs to develop the player for them for free.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I think they are, but after the desperation shown with Reguilon, why wouldn't you try to squeeze out more.

With Reguilon, they essentially got Spurs to develop the player for them for free.
But 50% would make him their top earner at the club, at least I think so. They have to realise who they're selling to and how moronic it was in the first place to sign him to that contract.

Luke1995

No of course not, that goes without saying, but if we sign Bale on loan for a season whilst securing Sancho for 2022 that would be amazing.
The thing is, Bale would never accept a loan deal unless he was really desperate. Probably that's why he will end up going to Tottenham.

But, if Greenwood will play in the middle and Martial on the left, perhaps Ole can just use Rashford on the right. Dan James can be the back-up in case anyone gets injured...I doubt Woodward will manage to sign anyone else.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Some of you lot are complete fanboy muppets as was seen with the mental gymnastics on this thread in the past couple of days to justify signing this crock.
To be honest I wrote that reply but then deleted it, it just re appeared When I quoted someone else. I probably stand by what I said though anyway

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Id say that;'s more to do with a personal matter than his actual ability.
Oh I know, I'm not using that to say he's shit. I'm just saying how can someone selling him say he's worth full wages, when they'd rather pay him to sit on the bench. Not to mention they've tried to get rid of him for a while now.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
The thing is, Bale would never accept a loan deal unless he was really desperate. Probably that's why he will end up going to Tottenham.

But, if Greenwood will play in the middle and Martial on the left, perhaps Ole can just use Rashford on the right. Dan James can be the back-up in case anyone gets injured...I doubt Woodward will manage to sign anyone else.
Why? Why does this elitism still exist amongst United fans? I'm not pissed off, but why do you feel this is so? 10 years ago certainly, now? I don't get it. If Bale joins United hes not desperate but if he joins Spurs he is? Please don't turn this into a senseless argument.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Same here.

I still think he has something to offer but I do think he’s looked very leggy at time’s for Wales, not as influential as he was in the Euro’s.

It’s tricky because if he could stay fit he could probably regain a level where he would be one of the best players in the league again but he just can’t seem to stay fit and his pace is fading on him.
this. if bale can stay fit he will be effective and worth a punt on loan. But he wont stay fit. Injuries have fecked him. He's lost a yard of pace, doesnt seem as fit as previous either, age isnt on his side now either. Madrid dropped a bollock on him IMO. Paid him wages which he was never worth, (i dont think he was worth the fee if im being honest, either) realised he was crocked too often and were prepared to feck him off to China. That period at Spurs he was top drawer on his day. But its gone. The Gareth Bale of today, doesnt make the prems top 5 players i think.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Oh I know, I'm not using that to say he's shit. I'm just saying how can someone selling him say he's worth full wages, when they'd rather pay him to sit on the bench. Not to mention they've tried to get rid of him for a while now.
They blocked his move to China. Madrid is a shithouse of a club, I get the attraction but the management structure and fans are utterly toxic, living on how football was 5-10 years ago. United, as a Spurs fan, are 3 times the club Madrid are.

SinNombre

But 50% would make him their top earner at the club, at least I think so. They have to realise who they're selling to and how moronic it was in the first place to sign him to that contract.
Perez is a businessman, they all like to think they are smart(er) than than opponent.

It is a win/win for us. Either the move doesn't pan out and we can enjoy the hilarity of Bale at RM for 2 more years or Levy destroys his club's morale by signing the crock on record wages.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Perez is a businessman, they all like to think they are smart(er) than than opponent.

It is a win/win for us. Either the move doesn't pan out and we can enjoy the hilarity of Bale at RM for 2 more years or Levy destroys his club's morale by signing the crock on record wages.
Utter bollocks mate.

Luke1995

Why? Why does this elitism still exist amongst United fans? I'm not pissed off, but why do you feel this is so? 10 years ago certainly, now? I don't get it. If Bale joins United hes not desperate but if he joins Spurs he is? Please don't turn this into a senseless argument.
I meant that he would ask for more money from United. If he knows that United is desperate to get a right winger in, he probably will ask for a huge salary, which makes a loan deal unlikely in that scenario.

I'm not sure if Tottenham is desperate to get a new winger so Tottenham probably wouldn't offer as much money as United would be willing to offer.

They blocked his move to China. Madrid is a shithouse of a club, I get the attraction but the management structure and fans are utterly toxic, living on how football was 5-10 years ago. United, as a Spurs fan, are 3 times the club Madrid are.
I don’t understand the attraction.

I think a lot of it is to do with the lifestyle in Spain, and if you want to go to Spain, then you want to go to one of the top clubs, and the Real or Barca.

Personally, Bale on a loan on reduced wages is a risk worth taking for spurs, and I’d have taken him on that deal at United.

I hope he does well.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
I don’t understand the attraction.

I think a lot of it is to do with the lifestyle in Spain, and if you want to go to Spain, then you want to go to one of the top clubs, and the Real or Barca.

Personally, Bale on a loan on reduced wages is a risk worth taking for spurs, and I’d have taken him on that deal at United.

I hope he does well.
Thanks bud!

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
I meant that he would ask for more money from United. If he knows that United is desperate to get a right winger in, he probably will ask for a huge salary, which makes a loan deal unlikely in that scenario.

I'm not sure if Tottenham is desperate to get a new winger so Tottenham probably wouldn't offer as much money as United would be willing to offer.
If its a loan he will only want whats due on his contract, United, Spurs or Scunthorpe. This "he is moving for a payday" is utter fiction, surely if he didnt give a shit he would simply say, "nah, feck it, i wanna play golf in Spain".

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Isn't that exactly what is going to happen?

Thanks bud!
I’ll take it further - I hope he makes the Caf eat their words! Caveat being, as long as he doesn’t do well against us, and we finish above you!

I think the abuse he’s gotten from fans in general is way over the top. He’s not entirely blameless, but he had been right royally fecked by Real over the past couple of years.

I hope he’s got a good couple of years left at the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.