Gareth Bale

Status
Not open for further replies.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
RM want rid and are prepared to pay him off to go.

It's embarrassing having him on the golf course making 600k a week and a distraction for the rest of the squad.

He'd stay in my view if he knew RM weren't going to make it v unpleasant for him if he did.
Who knows, time will tell, of course you understand why a Spurs fan wouldn't see it this way?

Mindhunter

Imagine him dribbling past two players and sending long range winner into top bin in 90+2. Jose sliding on his knees to the corner flag. Nah I don't want to see it.
I actually do. The subsequent fall will be more satisfying to see. We can play that gif on a loop with Fergie's face smiling in the background.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
I actually think he'll be a class signing for Spurs. He isn't a washed up as some would like to believe imo. Would I want him at United? No cause that means Sancho is dead in the water, and I'm still hoping we get him. Also I remember how much I wanted Sanchez and that was utter painful watching how that unfolded at United on massive wages.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Who knows, time will tell, of course you understand why a Spurs fan wouldn't see it this way?
Yes, it's a shame though as I was looking forward to watching him play golf for the next two years and RM pay him £65m or so for the privilege :lol: .

Doubt he's got much left in the tank but guess we'll see.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
The 'talk' is that Utd came in and told RM they would match/beat any offer Spurs made for Bale and were told he wasn't interested. No idea if this is true but that's what is going about.
There are several posters In a Spurs forum I frequent who have some contacts in the sport - could be in club, could be agents, could be players, etc. - One of these guys has stated this to have been the case. Like I said, no clue if this is true but he seemed very confident this was the case and he has a decent track record of getting things right.

There is no doubt though that Bale has an affinity with Spurs as a club for obvious reasons.
Sorry but :lol:

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Good luck to Spurs and Bale tbh. Just like the Reguilon deal it makes sense for all parties: Jose has chased Bale for years, Bale gets to play football at a place he'll be loved again without being out of pocket, Spurs get a player better than what they have and Madrid get shot of their Alexis Sanchez.

If he did turn down United then, in spite of my own relief, no hard feelings. I always got the feeling he was never that keen on United. He's had at least 3 chances to join us now, at Southampton, Spurs and now Madrid and never fancied it.

Jacob

People will realize how good he is when he plays with joy. Massive signing for Spurs.

KetilOwren88

Can I ask why you think that considering Bale's history with Spurs?
It depends what matters the most to him. He is 31 and is just going on loan for one season for now. United is the much bigger club, playing in the CL, but he probably has some strong feelings for Spurs

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Hahaha not a cat in hells chance Bale would pick Spurs over Utd.
Everyone and his dog know Man Utd's top target is Jancho. I doubt Bale with his ego want to be a stop gap in Man Utd.

Edit
He already won CL 4 times. I doubt MU being in CL has any appeal to him.

mu4c_20le

How many players of Bale's ilk have played with joy under Jose?
Son, Bergwijn, Lo Celso, even Dele started scoring again. Bale is exactly the type of player he needs for his system, he'll be given a free role next to Kane.

RedorDead21

Champs league football, more realistic shot of the PL, better players, bigger platform and massive global appeal for his ego etc...happiness seems easier to achieve for players working with Ole..zero threat of being thrown under the bus...better chance of a final goodish contract after his real one ends...

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
No disrespect but this Spurs team is going nowhere, you peaked as a team under Poch and don't have the money to compete with those above you. Giving Mourinho the keys will be the final nail in the coffin as he's a dinosaur in modern football and we have seen this all play out at Utd, who may I add have far more resources.

Utd are the top tier team of English football, they can offer a heritage Spurs can only dream about, whilst also showing huge signs of improvement on the pitch. What possible footballing reason would you prefer this current Spurs team, sorry but this screams of just using Utds name to generate interest and big up Spurs.

TrustInJanuzaj

Everyone and his dog know Man Utd's top target is Jancho. I doubt Bale with his ego want to be a stop gap in Man Utd.

Edit
He already won CL 4 times. I doubt MU being in CL has any appeal to him.
Do we seriously need to ask the question of players choosing Utd over Spurs? It's absurd to think about, I can say with confidence that 99% of footballers would choose Utd.

mu4c_20le

Champs league football, more realistic shot of the PL, better players, bigger platform and massive global appeal for his ego etc...happiness seems easier to achieve for players working with Ole..zero threat of being thrown under the bus...better chance of a final goodish contract after his real one ends...
Lets face it, the guy was playing golf and messing with his club and the media for nearly two years, I really don't think he's arsed about all that and just wants to have a good time. Going back to Spurs to save them would probably interest him more than the boring footballing stuff.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Do we seriously need to ask the question of players choosing Utd over Spurs? It's absurd to think about, I can say with confidence that 99% of footballers would choose Utd.
Well, James chose Everton obviously due to Ancelotti. Players like James and Bale after what happened in Real Madrid need to feel being wanted. For young players sure I do agree.

TrustInJanuzaj

Well, James chose Everton obviously due to Ancelotti. Players like James and Bale after what happened in Real Madrid need to feel being wanted. For young players sure I do agree.
I can say with certainty Utd never went for James.

romufc

Son, Bergwijn, Lo Celso, even Dele started scoring again. Bale is exactly the type of player he needs for his system, he'll be given a free role next to Kane.
Son never stopped scorin.
Dele scored a few goals but hasnt scored in a while.

Bergwijn and Le Celso have scored like 2 goals each...

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
No I was asking why he thought Bale wouldn't even consider Spurs (which was basically what he said) over Utd when it is as clear as day that Bale has an affinity with Spurs and he has already rejected the chance to play for Utd twice before. It seems a pretty strange thing to say.

RedorDead21

Lets face it, the guy was playing golf and messing with his club and the media for nearly two years, I really don't think he's arsed about all that and just wants to have a good time. Going back to Spurs to save them would probably interest him more than the boring footballing stuff.

That’s harsh the manager made it clear in an interview he wasn’t wanted...he wasn’t going to play. Hard environment to remain
Football focussed and completely pointless even if he was. Playing golf is as good a way as any to kill time whilst staying healthy!

TrustInJanuzaj

No one said Utd went for James, and James will only want to play for Ancelotti anyway.
So your point is that players choose other teams over Utd and to raise that point you've chosen an example of a player who wasn't even wanted or approached by Utd....Makes sense.

mu4c_20le

Son never stopped scorin.
Dele scored a few goals but hasnt scored in a while.

Bergwijn and Le Celso have scored like 2 goals each...
Yes but the notion that Jose seems to stifle his attackers is a myth.

TrustInJanuzaj

No I was asking why he thought Bale wouldn't even consider Spurs (which was basically what he said) over Utd when it is as clear as day that Bale has an affinity with Spurs and he has already rejected the chance to play for Utd twice before. It seems a pretty strange thing to say.
He rejected us for Madrid though which again is a far cry from Spurs. My point is, I'm sure Bale enjoyed his time with Spurs and would go back there but I really doubt he would choose Spurs over Utd if we were seriously in for him because he'd get;
- Bigger Club
- More chance of silverware

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
No disrespect but this Spurs team is going nowhere, you peaked as a team under Poch and don't have the money to compete with those above you. Giving Mourinho the keys will be the final nail in the coffin as he's a dinosaur in modern football and we have seen this all play out at Utd, who may I add have far more resources.

Utd are the top tier team of English football, they can offer a heritage Spurs can only dream about, whilst also showing huge signs of improvement on the pitch. What possible footballing reason would you prefer this current Spurs team, sorry but this screams of just using Utds name to generate interest and big up Spurs.
:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.