Gareth Bale

Status
Not open for further replies.

romufc

When will Spurs play Man United? Can't wait for the match. Bale is the same age as Aubameyang so 31 is not that old nowadays. Lewandowski is 32 already.
There is a slight difference, the two have been regularly playing with not many injuries.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
IMO Bale may lost a bit of his explosiveness but he just need to adapt his playing style just like CR7. His physique and technique are still there, just need to play closer to the box. Hope his injury is a thing of the past and we can see him perform at the highest level back in EPL. it is good for the league and the fans.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
Not a good signing. He'll be injured half the time. He'll score the odd screamer and that's it.

Bosws87

Its like watching exactly what we have been through in the past 5/6 years falling apart, Tottenham seem to be on the exact same timeline.

United58

Its like watching exactly what we have been through in the past 5/6 years falling apart, Tottenham seem to be on the exact same timeline.
Spurs have gone to that Interstellar planet where time goes really fast, Mourinho hasn't even been there a year yet and they're all over the place!

Irwin99

No, the 20M covers his wages and fee. I still want to know what happnes after the year.
I read on Sky Sports that there might be a possibility of Jose changing his system to a 3 at the back. How does Bale fit into that system? Free role up top with Kane?

I'm interested to see how he plays. I still think if he remains injury free then there's a very good player there and on paper it looks a decent Spurs side.

Bosws87

Spurs have gone to that Interstellar planet where time goes really fast, Mourinho hasn't even been there a year yet and they're all over the place!
Agreed although this feels like their Falcao moment, god i was so excited and then so disappointed haha

TheLord

I don't for once think Bale will take 500k from Spurs or that Havertz is on 310k+ per week. If you start paying 21-year-old players 310k per week, the weekly wages will be 'Messian' by the time the contracts are extended twice.

Deery

Dreary
Looks like it is going to be done today, I doubt he’ll be in the match day team for Sunday.
It does feel like a bit of a loss now considering we don’t have a right winger, could give Spurs a massive boost with a world class player coming in..

Tomb Bombadil

Supports
Arsenal
I really think it's worth the risk and I still think he has it all there. He might need some time to get match fit in the beginning but he has not lost his footballing abilities. Questions is more does he still have the motivation and the drive? But I think he wants to show it to madrid. So I think either he's gonna be big hit or a 20m grave. Don't think there is something between but I would go with the big hit. (Depending on Mourinhos tactics :D)

Also how can Arsenal pay those wages?
All the other players are on much lower wages Özil ~350k, Auba was on ~250k now ~350, Lacazette ~180k and then a big jump to Luiz on reported ~125k all other below that and new is Willian on ~180k

Total wage bill 2018/19 was £232m > That are the last reported metrics and last year I think the wage bill was getting smaller with more outgoing than incoming players in 19/20 and the paycut players are taking (Out: Mkhitaryan on 200k, Ramsey, Welbeck, Koscielny, Liechtsteiner, Monreal, Ospina, Elneny, Jenkinson / Ins: Pepe, Tierney, Luiz, Mari, Soares, Ceballos, Martinelli). Compared to United £332m, City £315m, Liverpool £310m, Chelsea £286m and Spurs on £180m.

Last edited:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Yeah, think £20m if true would be the total cost to spurs. In practical terms that means covering 2/3 of the wages

Status
Not open for further replies.