Garnacho, Mejbri, Garner, Laird, Pellistri, Amad - who will get the most games next season

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
We look to be going ahead with trimming the squad and I'm expecting to see at least 6-8 more (AWB, Bailly, Jones, Henderson, Telles and some fringe players who won't be kept after pre-season). Next season we'll have a very heavy schedule due to the World Cup and we will have to make sure the main 11-14 players have enough continuity on the training pitch, so plenty of opportunities for younger players I assume, and there'll be the 5 subs as well.

Who will get the most games? Could add a few others too, Chong, Shoretire or even Tuanzebe, hard to tell who will be fancied by Ten Hag.

Quite exciting I have to say. Mouldable young players desperate to make the grade. We just seriously need a leader in this team to balance this dressing room.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Garnacho - reserves, occasional sub appearance
Hannibal - some sub appearances or a loan
Garner - Premier League loan with Forrest
Laird - Loan
Pellistri - Loan
Amad - Loan
Chong - sold/loan
Shoretire - reserves
Tuanzebe - sold/loan

If I'm being honest, this is my guess for next season. 23/24 I can see Garner/Hannibal/Garnacho/Amad being part of the squad depending on progression... but not next year really.

Trex

Amad should be first choice right winger in uel group stage games, Garner too depends on how many midfielders we purchase.

IRN-BRUno

If Pellistri has a good pre-season then I think he'll get a chance as back-up RW

Trex

Garnacho - reserves, occasional sub appearance
Hannibal - some sub appearances or a loan
Garner - Premier League loan with Forrest
Laird - Loan
Pellistri - Loan
Amad - Loan
Chong - sold/loan
Shoretire - reserves
Tuanzebe - sold/loan

If I'm being honest, this is my guess for next season. 23/24 I can see Garner/Hannibal/Garnacho/Amad being part of the squad depending on progression... but not next year really.
I wouldn't loan Amad, we're starting afresh in a system that I think suit him, I see him being atleast second choice on the right wing.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
It would be nice for us to actually be good at developing players again. We have a really poor track record this past decade.

OmarUnited4ever

None of them are ready, maybe Garner as squad option.

The rest need serious game time to develop, hopefully Amad & Hannibal get a proper loan, Laird might stay with Bournemouth in the PL but not sure he'll get enough game time unless Parker trusts him.

Garnacho is too young, does he have a talent close to Greenwood's talent?

Chong & Tuanzebe aren't good enough, best is to sell them.

Edit: Pellistri - not ready too, needs game time, a proper loan and reassess in 23/24.

hobbers

Hannibal and Garner could get minutes if they're still here next season, but really they should be on loan somewhere to get regular football. Laird and Garnacho are alright but not ready for first team.

Amad, Shoretire and Pellistri wont get a kick, all far too fragile. Tuanzebe and Chong are same as Pereira, nowhere near good enough and no point hanging onto them.

pacifictheme

Probably Amad, Garner or Levitt. Amad has a real chance since there is a slot for RW.

I reckon Mejbri might need a loan
Amad will have to take a huge step forward to get near our first team. He's not played much for rangers and hasn't shone much when he has.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I wouldn't loan Amad, we're starting afresh in a system that I think suit him, I see him being atleast second choice on the right wing.
The guy was seen as barely ready to get more than sub minutes in the Scottish League, what makes you think he's ready to have a role at United? Every time he's played for us, he's looked lightweight and like he needs regular game time at a lower level to get used to professional football. He's still not used to professional football, or physically adapted to it. He's not ready to have a role because of that.

Elanga should be 2nd choice on the right, Rashford 2nd choice on the left. Anything deeper than those 2 is pointless and more worth just loaning if they aren't reserve players.

buckooo1978

think Mejbri showed he has the attitude, physicality and presence to be a squad player next year. Amad should be a squad player - at best we sign one right sided attacking player so he should be backup or backup to the backup.

I think Garner will stay at Forest. Not sure about Laird - ideally we sign a RB but don't think we are selling both AWB and Dalot.

Garnacho...I'm far from an expert on him. Watched the FAYCF and clips. I wonder if he's still a bit young and raw. Pellestri I've no idea - maybe a bit like Amad.

Think given our weakness in the middle of the park, Pogba, Matic and Mata gone there will be a Mejbri sized hole in the squad - he'll play part in 15-20 games or so I'd guess, mainly in Europa/cups, some off bench in league - Amad possibly the same depending on our transfer window

didz

As it stands, Garner is the probably 3rd choice central midfielder behind Fred and McTominay.

I hope Amad and Hannibal stay with the squad and get games. I'm not really a fan of sending players out on loan before they’ve had a crack at the first team.

The clubs doing the loaning are more likely to play a player with 10-15 starts at Man United than someone fresh out of the U23's who just looks good in training. With a trimmed squad I think we'll be in a position to give a couple of the youngsters some experience.

Trex

The guy was seen as barely ready to get more than sub minutes in the Scottish League, what makes you think he's ready to have a role at United? Every time he's played for us, he's looked lightweight and like he needs regular game time at a lower level to get used to professional football. He's still not used to professional football, or physically adapted to it. He's not ready to have a role because of that.

Elanga should be 2nd choice on the right, Rashford 2nd choice on the left. Anything deeper than those 2 is pointless and more worth just loaning if they aren't reserve players.
Next season we'll have Rashford, Ronaldo, Sancho as our only proper senior forwards from the current squad. Martial wants out, and Cavani is gone, all the rumors suggest we'll be bringing in one forward most likely a central option.
We'll need atleast 6 options to cover the front three.
I expect Sancho to move over to the right, an contrary to popular demand Rashford be reinstalled on the left. This means new guy competes with Ronaldo for the center forward role leaving Elanga and Amad to back up the wide spot, between them Amad has the higher ceiling in my opinion and also the more natural on the right.
Rangers got to the final of the Europa league they're not a bad team, plus when he has featured for united he has been good, I remember the wolves fixture. He's the kind of guy ETH should be looking to develop if he has genuine interest in youth especially considering we would be looking to play a more front footed possession type football which suits Amad strengths.

Uniquim

Here are my guesses:

Hannibal - fringe player
Garnacho - thinking half a season he stays with the reserves and maybe a few sub apperance, if he does well, he'll be loaned for the second half of the season.
Garner - i think he'll stay at United as a fringe player. Depending on how many we sign for the midfield this summer.
Laird - loaned out.
Pellistri - another loan
Chong - sold
Shoretire - stays, but not in the first team. Occasional appearance in low-importance games.
Tuanzebe - sold as long as we're not understaffed
Levitt - Loan

Amad - didn't do that well on loan, did he? I reckon he'll be loaned again unless he impresses in pre-season.

Elanga - runs rather than dribble, but isn't that great against the best teams. Also not the best passer. RW is not the priority this summer looks like, but if we sign someone to compete with Sancho and possibly Rashford for time on the right, Elanga won't get that much time on the field. On the other hand, he does provide a different way of attacking, and he's actively defending. So it's a nice option to keep.

If we sign a RB, Sancho will probably be a lot more effective when playing on the right. He needs an attacking FB behind him. Indeed, I think both flanks will be more effective with an attacking RB. If we end up also signing a RW, then I reckon Elanga could well be loaned, but possibly stays on for the first half of the season before going on loan to see how much playing time he'll get.

I do reckon there's a big chance of us not signing a RW since there's midfield and RB to address, in addition to a striker, depending on what type of RW we're looking for. If there's no RW arriving, I think Elanga stays on.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
I actually have a feeling we'll see more of Chong than most are expecting. He seems really versatile, had a reasonable season trusted in the middle and should 'get' Dutch football.

If Amad doesn't get a lot of minutes with us this season, he's never going to imo.

SparkedIntoLife

Garnacho - Stay, around 10 cameo appearances
Mejbri - Loan
Garner - Loan
Laird - Loan
Pellistri - Loan
Amad - Stay, around 15 appearances

So Amad. I think ETH loves the left footed right winger thing and we currently have none with Greenwood in the abyss. I guess ETH will sign one as first choice too.

jesperjaap

Well, its a bit early to comment really, as a lot is dependant on both who leaves and who comes in.

I actually have a gut feeling we DONT sign a right back or right winger this summer. I would hazard a guess we sign a cb, 2 x cm and a striker.

If that is the case we can expect Dalot to possible be our number one right back and possibly Rashford on the left and Sancho on the right.

People keep mentioning Ten Hag and how his coaching will get the best out if this side......think with most of the players that is overly optimistic.

With that in mind, I think by Christmas the realisation will be made.....Dalot is shit and Rashford though eh never has been is not going to become the huge player here some think and Sancho IS better on the left.

With that in mind I think the players who may have the best opportunities this next season are Laird, Amad, Pellestri and maybe even Garnacho as an inverted winger.

Garner only get opportunities if we fail to sign a defensive midfielder which would be a travesty not to this window.

Hannibal is the only one perhaps both good enough and ready to play for us, I just feel opportunities may be hard to come by for him for a while.....but I wouldnt be surprised to see him making a play for Fernandes spot by the end of the season once he invetiably loses form and gets really wasteful.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
You’d have to say that levitt has really gone for it and shone. Could be a surprise pick next season?

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Probably Garnacho and Garner.

I like Meijbri but he will be behind Bruno and VDB on AM role.

Whereas Garnacho, unless we buy another WF, he would be behind Sancho, but has similar chance as Rashford, Elanga and Martial.

Diallo is technically ready but physically too weak for this league.

Garner maybe forced to start more games, if we couldn't get 2 good DM/CM this summer. He is better passer than McFred, so there is chance ETH may play him more.

Tallis

Most games for senior Man Utd team - probably Amad if he doesn’t go on loan. Second pick would be Mejbri.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Hannibal. He plays in an area where we are weakest. Physically ready too. Garner after playing pretty much every game this season will not accept a reduced role and will probably be on loan at Nottingham Forest again.

GreatDane

No idea, but games for many of them I hope.
I keep reading about people wanting young players, but people also keep saying they need to be loaned out.
For a club priding itself about youth, we sure do hate playing them.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Garner, as he's likely already better than McTominay. Even if we buy two midfielders, he'll be in with a chance to start 15-20 games in cups and other competitions.

Bojan Djordjic

We look to be going ahead with trimming the squad and I'm expecting to see at least 6-8 more (AWB, Bailly, Jones, Henderson, Telles and some fringe players who won't be kept after pre-season). Next season we'll have a very heavy schedule due to the World Cup and we will have to make sure the main 11-14 players have enough continuity on the training pitch, so plenty of opportunities for younger players I assume, and there'll be the 5 subs as well.

Who will get the most games? Could add a few others too, Chong, Shoretire or even Tuanzebe, hard to tell who will be fancied by Ten Hag.

Quite exciting I have to say. Mouldable young players desperate to make the grade. We just seriously need a leader in this team to balance this dressing room.
Can't even remember when it was but having thought Chong was a bag of shite for some time, one of my genuinely favourite cameo's of the last few years was when he came on at left back for us in Europe (Lask??). It was absolute chaos but he was brilliant bombing forward and he caused havoc down the left flank. Admittedly he was lost defensively but it did make me think, this is so crazy it just might work.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Can't even remember when it was but having thought Chong was a bag of shite for some time, one of my genuinely favourite cameo's of the last few years was when he came on at left back for us in Europe (Lask??). It was absolute chaos but he was brilliant bombing forward and he caused havoc down the left flank. Admittedly he was lost defensively but it did make me think, this is so crazy it just might work.
Ha. Remember that too. Weren't they the side with the astroturf pitch? With Chong, all I seem to remember is that he's the skinniest footballer I can think of. Maybe he's bulked up a bit, but I'd think he wouldn't do well in defensive duels...:nervous:

Bojan Djordjic

Ha. Remember that too. Weren't they the side with the astroturf pitch? With Chong, all I seem to remember is that he's the skinniest footballer I can think of. Maybe he's bulked up a bit, but I'd think he wouldn't do well in defensive duels...:nervous:
I think he was only on for 10/20 minutes but it was immensely fun while it lasted. I'm sure he would be completely exposed defensively against a better team but given he never really stood out to me in any other position as a senior, I thought we might have bottled lightning. Don't think we've seen him since for United so I seem to be on my own in that regard!

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I think he was only on for 10/20 minutes but it was immensely fun while it lasted. I'm sure he would be completely exposed defensively against a better team but given he never really stood out to me in any other position as a senior, I thought we might have bottled lightning. Don't think we've seen him since for United so I seem to be on my own in that regard!
Aye, Cameron Borthwick-Jackson had a top performance once too. Not to be seen at the club again.

Trequarista10

Chong did very well in the Championship before his injuries. He's still quite unpolished but I think his versatility and physical attributes could see him be a useful squad player ahead of some more technically gifted youngsters.

RuudTom83

Amad and Hannibal would be the two I’d like to be given the most minutes next season.

I’m expecting Bruno to be played as the right attacker, so Amad coming on for him late in games would switch up the attack well.

I’m a big fan of Hannibal so I’d like to see him in the midfield whenever possible.

troylocker

If Pellistri has a good pre-season then I think he'll get a chance as back-up RW
How good does his pre-season need to be then? This is the 35 apps, 0 goals (0,07npxG90), 0 assists (0,05xA90) winger for Alaves last season. It's hard to see why we would want a small, young winger with absolutely no goalthreat on the bench even.... smells like another loan spell for him.

Dan_F

I’m expecting Garner to get the most game time, just not for us.

Giggzy P

Hannibal, Garnacho and laird are the only players that have potential of maybe making it here. GarnerChrist Pogba, Jesse and Ravel where more exiting, I had high hopes and it didn't turn out well. Garner to be hones, I think won't get on Scott's level