Garnacho, Mejbri, Garner, Laird, Pellistri, Amad - who will get the most games next season

Bojan Djordjic

Hannibal, Garnacho and laird are the only players that have potential of maybe making it here. GarnerChrist Pogba, Jesse and Ravel where more exiting, I had high hopes and it didn't turn out well. Garner to be hones, I think won't get on Scott's level
Don't think Jesse was more exciting than any of the three you mentioned. Tunnicliffe was a bigger name in that FAYC team than Jesse. Also remember years ago people were saying Laird was as talented a defender as Greenwood was a forward but that shine seems to have been rubbed off in recent times with all his injuries but nothing to say he doesn't overcome them with time.

Important also to remember that development isn't linear and in five years time it might be one of the less heralded names that has had a development leap or a player who maybe has more subtle qualities like Shoretire or something as simple as a growth spurt a la McTominay.

AndyMUFC86

Garner is the obvious choice to get a chance next season but I have a feeling Amad could be part of the squad next season. We’re missing a left footed forward and I believe that although Amad is lightweight he does have high potential and a natural footballing ability which ETH may like. Let’s see though. I’m fairly confident we see some progression from our youth to first team as the season progresses

Member 101269

Garnacho - reserves, occasional sub appearance
Hannibal - some sub appearances or a loan
Garner - Premier League loan with Forrest
Laird - Cup games or sell
Pellistri - cup or sell
Amad - Sell
Chong - sell
Shoretire - sell
Tuanzebe - sell

If I'm being honest, this is my guess for next season. 23/24 I can see Garner/Hannibal/Garnacho/Amad being part of the squad depending on progression... but not next year really.
corrected some

M Bison

Supports
York City
It’s time to take a punt on a couple of them, disappointed more didn’t get a run last season after how poor some of the performances were.

Hope to see Hannibal as a minimum and would also like to see Garnacho and Garner get some game time.

What about Fernandez, got to be worth a go.

cyberman

Take them all back for the EL and cup squads. Should be plenty of games to go around

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Disagree
laird has a year left play him or let him go, play Amad and shoretire or let them go is reasonable in my view
Shoretire is a few months into turning 18! And he's always been highly rated! Just because a young player doesn't become 1st team ready by 18 doesn't mean they aren't worth keeping around. And with Amad, we invested so much that it's just again, dumb, to sell him at a huge loss before at least developing him. He and Shoretire clearly have plenty of talent. Nurture that, and then sell them off in time if they aren't enough to step in or when you can actually get decent money for them.

Member 101269

Shoretire is a few months into turning 18! And he's always been highly rated! Just because a young player doesn't become 1st team ready by 18 doesn't mean they aren't worth keeping around. And with Amad, we invested so much that it's just again, dumb, to sell him at a huge loss before at least developing him. He and Shoretire clearly have plenty of talent. Nurture that, and then sell them off in time if they aren't enough to step in or when you can actually get decent money for them.
Did i question talent? Shoretire was around the first team squad last season, like i said play him in the cups to test him. If he's not deemed good enough to progress from last season sell him. Amad was okay in Rangers squad. Like i said play him in the cups to test him. If he's not deemed good enough to progress from last season sell him. That is nurturing, you seem to be missing the point that they have been tried and progressed. Stalling them just creates bad feelings.

dove

None of them will get many games and to be honest, desperately trying to play youth should be the least of our concerns at this moment. So unless we have a big injury crisis or win our EL group stage with a couple games to spare, can't see any of them featuring much at all.

suheilsworld

Too soon to say. Depends on the incomings and outgoing. With we putting all our eggs in FDJ basket, if it doesn’t work out - surely garner gets the most chances

Kaushal

Sorry to say that but I don’t see anything in Garnacho, shoretire or even Elanga at all to suggest they are good enough for us. Rank average, decent for a mid to lower table club maybe ?

On the other hand, I rate Hannibal, Garner highly. Haven’t seen laird at all so can’t comment.

Revaulx

Aye, Cameron Borthwick-Jackson had a top performance once too. Not to be seen at the club again.
Didn’t he have a decent run of good performances? I’m sure it was more than just one.

Of all the young defenders LvG gave debuts to, CBJ looked to me like the one most likely to make it. Had a name that made him sound like a top physicist as well :)

I was really disappointed when he went on loan to Wolves and acted like a big time Charlie; our academy players being entitled cnuts has been a thing for a while. He is now playing for Burton Albion.

Bondi77

All depends on whom Erik thinks will fit into his style of play and which players impress in training!
Pretty fecking obvious isn't it.

OrcaFat

None of them will get many games and to be honest, desperately trying to play youth should be the least of our concerns at this moment. So unless we have a big injury crisis or win our EL group stage with a couple games to spare, can't see any of them featuring much at all.
I agree. None of them look ready.

Hannibal is probably closest to it but he needs regular minutes, to grow up basically, and I hope he gets loaned.

Amad looks a good prospect but not physically ready. If it’s an option, another year in Scotland would be good.

Garner doesn’t look anything like an elite midfielder to me. A year on loan in the Prem would give him a chance to step up.

Loans are the short term future for all these boys.

Bojan Djordjic

Hannibal is probably closest to it but he needs regular minutes, to grow up basically, and I hope he gets loaned.

Amad looks a good prospect but not physically ready. If it’s an option, another year in Scotland would be good.

Garner doesn’t look anything like an elite midfielder to me. A year on loan in the Prem would give him a chance to step up.

Why on earth would you send Amad back to Scotland? That loan was a complete waste of time for him? Better to send him to the championship to a club that will actually play him.

Edwards6

We've got so many players hopefully leaving and we're not going to replace them all with transfers.
we'll need these youngsters in the squad to step up, just hope they take there chance when they get it

abailey123

Speaking to a group of Forest fans down in London last week they couldn’t praise Garner highly enough. Box to box, started this season slow but really grown into a man and developed physically as the season has progressed. Every single one of them would love to keep him. Looking at the make up of the midfield I think there’s more chance he gets a good run for us next year.

Reactions: 711

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Didn’t he have a decent run of good performances? I’m sure it was more than just one.

Of all the young defenders LvG gave debuts to, CBJ looked to me like the one most likely to make it. Had a name that made him sound like a top physicist as well :)

I was really disappointed when he went on loan to Wolves and acted like a big time Charlie; our academy players being entitled cnuts has been a thing for a while. He is now playing for Burton Albion.
You're probably right - that whole period (LVG) is a blur to me :wenger:

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Kind of a wild guess now but my bet is:

Garnacho - U23 games and occassional cup appearance, EL minutes as a sub - he's still raw but who knows maybe he can grow very quickly with the confidence he's got.

Mejbri - 10-15 EPL games andsome more in the EL - he looks physically ready and will be willing to fight and never hide, which will give him the edge over McT who will be shifted out, while getting some joy off the wing on half occassions

Laird - loaned - if Jurien Timber comes, we will need to shift players out, altghough great prospect for Ten Haag, still has a lot to learn, hopefully good loan for him will be found and stays injury free

Amad, Pellistri - both a lottery, but only one will stay, probably Amad and compete with Elanga, Pellistriworks much harder but his end product will lack, andwe got hardworker in Elanga,and Amad might be pushed to do more dirty work too hopefully.

I think perhaps even Levitt might surprise people and stay with the team and fill some gaps..

Garner - on loan

Crickus

I think you will see Garanacho and Hannibal play the most . i would love to see Garner given a run but think he might spend at least half a season at Forest

OrcaFat

Why on earth would you send Amad back to Scotland? That loan was a complete waste of time for him? Better to send him to the championship to a club that will actually play him.
It wasn’t a complete waste of time. He got minutes playing with good players.

If he’s not going to play much up there then a loan to a Championship team with some quality players would be fine by me, if they actually play him, yes.

Jibbs

They all are amazingly talented young kids. They all need to be sent on loans where they get at least 25 to 30 games next season. So that most of them can be included in United team in 23/24 season.

Demaw

I watched a replay 23 game last night and I noticed how much Noah Emeran had shot up and filled out. We have to be patient as these juniors are still growing. I don't think Emeran will make it with us but these kids need quality game time and patience.

lex talionis

Garner may be the one who works his way into the first team, but in general I don’t see the youngsters getting much more than cup appearances and garbage.

Hopefully we’ll start winning games so that we’ll have garbage time to give.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I must admit I’ve had a soft spot for Pellistri. Got the skill & a likeable attitude. Hope he gets a chance. Kids a baller

RORY65

I don't think we will see much of any of them but Garner and Amad have the best chances just due to the paucity of options in the positions they play although it remains to be seen whether they're going to be good enough. I wouldn't expect much more than league cup games, maybe some group games in the Europa league and the odd showing in the league at most for even those 2 though.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
How good does his pre-season need to be then? This is the 35 apps, 0 goals (0,07npxG90), 0 assists (0,05xA90) winger for Alaves last season. It's hard to see why we would want a small, young winger with absolutely no goalthreat on the bench even.... smells like another loan spell for him.
This post only makes sense if you've never seen Pellistri play for Alaves.

Bojan Djordjic

This post only makes sense if you've never seen Pellistri play for Alaves.
Can you elaborate as I and am sure others posting opinions genuinely haven’t seen him play for Alaves but his complete lack of production has baffled me based on his performances for the 23s and for Uruguay.

wolvored

I think Garner has got the best chance out of all the players mentioned in the thread title. Better training and injuries might open up a dew games for the likes of Mejbri as well. Think its a season too early for most and can see Tuanzebe and Chong maybe moved on. Big season for Amad and Pellestri on loan as well.

bringbackbebe

If these kids don't break into our team next season, they don't deserve to play football professionally. The bar doesn't get any lower.

Highfather_24

I've heard ETH hates rotating, and barely rotates. I would send most of them on loan. Maybe keep Garner.

Thiagoal

I personally think Shoretire will be a first team regular within the next two years. He’s gone from highly-rated and massively hyped to under-rated. There wasn’t much focus on the U23’s last season with the 18’s taking the limelight but Shoretire was putting in some great performances and his technique and vision is perfectly suited to ETH. He’s still incredibly young and one to watch for sure!

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
I've heard ETH hates rotating, and barely rotates. I would send most of them on loan. Maybe keep Garner.
I think that was the case a few years ago, it was a common criticism of him, but this passed year he changed it up a little, so it's a good thing that he takes criticism into account, also our squad isn't good enough to have a fixed 11 right now.

I think having a main 11 isn't a bad thing though, I mean look at Liverpool, I think if we could get a world class 11 in a few years we'll adopt their model as we're not rich enough to follow City and have 2 World class players in every position - Ten Hag just needs to be clever in his inclusion of the young players at that point, I remember Klopp "throwing" the Carbao Cup in his first few seasons to keep gis main players ready for the league.