Garnacho, Mejbri, Garner, Laird, Pellistri, Amad - who will get the most games next season

Gator Nate

Garner should get 36 starts plus cup games for Forest, barring injury. Give him one more year fighting at the bottom of the PL, starting every week. THEN bring him into our first team.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Interesting, I personally like Garnacho the most, and I think he could be our 2nd choice in LW, just behind Sancho.

Garnacho - 2nd choice LWF behind Sancho
Mejbri - 3rd/4th choice AM behind Bruno, (Eriksen), VDB
Garner - 3rd/4th choice CM/DM behind (De Jong), McFred
Amad - not ready for first team action due his size/physical required at this level
Pellistri - not ready for first team action, expect a loan
Lard - not ready for first team action, expect a loan

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
after the shit the entire squad put out last season none of them bar Ronaldo should have had the nerve to not come back the same time as everyone else
Garnacho wasn't involved in that shit though, he had very good season for youth team.

Anyways good that he came back early, looks like he wants to make impression which is always good.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
Interesting, I personally like Garnacho the most, and I think he could be our 2nd choice in LW, just behind Sancho.

Amad - not ready for first team action due his size/physical required at this level
Maybe but I think Rashford, Martial and Elanga will all also get game time out wide on the left (and right) so i don't think Garnacho will get a lot of game time at least at the start of the season, if he comes on and excels maybe, but think he will be further down the pecking order at first.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Maybe but I think Rashford, Martial and Elanga will all also get game time out wide on the left (and right) so i don't think Garnacho will get a lot of game time at least at the start of the season, if he comes on and excels maybe, but think he will be further down the pecking order at first.
I am not sure if ETH would want to use Rashford and Martial if they continue their shocking form.
Elanga is not talented enough for ETH, although he is physically better and more suit to this league.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
I am not sure if ETH would want to use Rashford and Martial if they continue their shocking form.
Elanga is not talented enough for ETH, although he is physically better and more suit to this league.
He will definitely use them at least at the start, if there terrible it will be then players like Garnacho get a chance.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Think it all depends on signings. If we get De Jong and Eriksen, we’ll potentially have 6 CMs in Fred, McTominay, FDJ, VDB, Eriksen and Bruno. I don’t see much scope for game time for any academy players there, except fleeting cup appearances.

Up front I think the chances are better. Right now we have Ronaldo (38), Sancho, Rashford, and Martial, there could be some serious opportunities for Elanga, Amad, Pellestri, and Garnacho, depending on who impressed in pre-season. Two of them could hold down regular rotation spots. But then, we have the impact of signings. If Antony comes, there’s probably one slot left between 4 of them. The rest will go on loan.

In defence I think Alvaro Fernandez had as much chance at game time as Laird, which I doubt is much, if any, for either of them. Mejbri is probably the most advanced of the bunch, with Elanga, so my guess would be those two are best placed, except in Mejbri’s case the competition is potentially much stiffer if the two rumoured signings materialise.

Pre-season is a wild card with a new manager and I wouldn’t rule out one of Amad, Garnacho or Pellestri staking a claim for a regular squad spot.

Most are likely best served on carefully curated loans.

yamo123x

Other than the obvious ones i think there could be 2 or 3 who surprisingly breakthrough under ETH.

Galbraith is a great footballer with superb technique he or Savage have a chance

Laird if he hits the ground running

Alvaro Fernández is another who has a chance with a good preseason

MDFC Manager

We're light on numbers the positions that all 6 of these play in, so expect them to get a fair number of chances.

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
We are in the Europa league, we need to mix it up in that competition with Youth and some experience player in key positions until the knock out stages, we need keep some of this Youth players with us to learn how to play the ETH way.

MancFanFromManc

RedCafe Ninja. Stalks the forum undercover, then w
Hopefully Garner, but it depends if we sign a DM or not. He'd 100% be ahead of Fred in that position for me (Fred much better further forward). I also have a good feeling that Garnacho will get his chance. Not convinced the rest are first team ready. With those lads we could have a good league cup run though...

romufc

We are in the Europa league, we need to mix it up in that competition with Youth and some experience player in key positions until the knock out stages, we need keep some of this Youth players with us to learn how to play the ETH way.
In the first phase of the Europa I expect to see the likes of Garner, Hannibal and Garnacho get minutes along with players that are backup.

I reckon we will have a PL and EL team, the likes of McFred, Donny / Bruno, Rashford, Diallo, Telles will get games in the EL.

Syphon Wallet

I think the player with the most potential for minutes this season is Garnacho, followed by Mejbri.
Don't think the others will get many minutes for various reasons.

GBBQ

I think Garner needs a PL loan. Let him push on from last season with a team who will play him in most games. Its a pity about the loans rule because it would have been good for him to go from the fighting at the top of the league for Forest to (most likely) being in a relegation scrap with them this season.

As for the others, I am sure ETH will run the rule over a few of them. No squad place should be safe and if there are players there who are a better fit to the tactics and formation than those currently considered first team then I would hope they get the chance. Garnacho being a hot property might also force our hand a little and bring him on. Our lack of a right wing so far could give Amad or Pellestri a shot. Hannibal's all action cameos (though a little too fiery to maintain) might have caught ETH's eye too. I think they need to back themselves and prove themselves on tour because they wont ever have a better season to break through.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
Hopefully Garner, but it depends if we sign a DM or not. He'd 100% be ahead of Fred in that position for me (Fred much better further forward). I also have a good feeling that Garnacho will get his chance. Not convinced the rest are first team ready. With those lads we could have a good league cup run though...
This shows how easily the media sway opinions, Garnacho has done nothing of note quite frankly, he is said to have a high ceiling but was largely unheard of by the main until his NT call up which was just to lock in his allegiance. In terms of what players have proved, the list has to be:

Garner
Amad/ Laird
Mejbri/ Pellistri
Garnacho

However a lot will depend on who impresses ETH and where we are lacking rather than what they have proved, that combined with luck, attitude, contract situation - There are a host of variables that make it so hard, nobody saw Rashford breaking through when he did if we are honest so it's hard to know but I would hope at this stage Garner gets minutes, the rest I would leave to the manager

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
It’s amusing that the one singled out by Neil Ryan as being ready to step up isn’t mentioned in the thread title - Shola.
Shola hasnt impressed on any of his first team appearences so far. Obviously still young but it's not a surprise that people haven't been that excited about him yet.

Who knows though, maybe ETH will like him a lot. Everybody has a chance right now.

Abraxas

I'm not even going to pretend to know the inner musings of ETH's mind on this point. I am sure he has briefed himself on what is available at the club but I imagine he is waiting to work with them and make an assessment before deciding who will be in his squad and who will be loaned out. That will also depend on how he assesses the squad.

I just hope we finally see a few start to shine. It was very disappointing to see Ralfs reluctance to use the the likes of Mejbri despite the walls caving in and there being little to lose.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

Still looks a season too early for Garnacho, I like him a lot but I'm not convinced he's ready to make an impact at first team level.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Agree. Even Amad is more ready physically than Garnacho.
I think Amad, Garner, Laird and even Mejbri are probably the ones to focus on for next season, to me they look more physically ready and for the most part already have first team experience either at United or elsewhere. It's likely that a couple of them will go back out on loan but I think at least 1 of them will see substantial minutes next season.

I do think ten Hag will like Amad, especially if we deem Antony to cost too much money, just has something about him.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
I think Amad, Garner, Laird and even Mejbri are probably the ones to focus on for next season, to me they look more physically ready and for the most part already have first team experience either at United or elsewhere. It's likely that a couple of them will go back out on loan but I think at least 1 of them will see substantial minutes next season.

I do think ten Hag will like Amad, especially if we deem Antony to cost too much money, just has something about him.
I just posted something on Amad by Rangers supporters. Watch all of it -- the usual comments of 'lack physicality' but later....

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/amad-diallo-2021-22-performances.464110/post-29041898

CarbonStoolBites

Pellistri did well for Uruguay recently, perhaps he could get games on the right if we don’t sign anyone.

Dazzmondo

I think this will depend largely on who takes their chance in pre-season but if I had to guess I'd say Garnacho and Garner

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Halfway through the season

Garnacho 17
Pellistri 1
Mejbri 0
Garner 0
Laird 0
Amad 0

BlueHaze

Honestly do not know why Pellistri is not used more. He usually takes of Antony for another CM. I would like to see Pellistri coming on instead.

Feels like Garnacho is the only one on that list with enough quality and right mentality to feature for the 1st team.

Shai-Hulud

Pellistri looked very good when he came on in that game. If he is given a start I can't imagine he would do worse than Antony

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Yeah the way the right wing has gone this season, it's hard to believe Pellestri has made a single appearance from the bench.

That's not to say he's going to come on and deliver amazing performances.

VanGaalyTime

I'm starting to think Pellestri has a clause in contract where we pay 50 million if he comes on or starts.

In that case:

Garnacho 17
Pellistri 1
Mejbri 23
Garner 7
Laird 24
Amad 22
A. Fernandez 23
Good to see them all getting gametime in senior football even though most of it isn't for United. Pellestri needs more minutes. The rest must all be doing OK on loan, plenty of games played.