Garnacho..our new #7

Bondi77

Ronnie's days are numbered and I think it would be a great thing if the shirt was passed on to a brilliant young 18yo that has come from the academy.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Please, this cannot be allowed here.

For gods sake he's not even made 10 appearances. I know this player has a couple of assists here, but this is not right. I can't be the only one that thinks this?

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Hear me out on this one… our new no.7 — Lisandro Martinez. Who says no?

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Hold up. Way too soon for any of this. Let's see how he goes for the rest of the season first.

Maybe he'll deserve it one day, but now he needs to concentrate on getting even better.

Bwuk

I'll go against - the grain.

Yes. Garnacho has IT. He's going to be a superstar, we just need to make sure it's at United.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Hope Ronaldo stays another season and then hands it over to Nacho as he picks up the CL trophy :D

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
As long as people are patient with him, sure. I don’t think you should have to be the finished article to have that number, if anything it might help to have someone that we don’t expect too much of right away to have it.

AndySmith1990

Some of you never learn. Be patient and see what happens instead of jumping the gun and labeling academy players as future superstars

davidmichael

I remember us doing the same thing with Januzaj and look how that turned out, let’s just allow Garnacho to get through this season and see how he progresses for next season.

One thing is for sure though and that’s that Sancho has basically no hope of playing on the left with the form Rashford and Garnacho are in, if I was Sancho I’d start preparing myself for fighting with Antony for the right sided role.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
best player in football history, lets not go all Januzaj on him.

Always take a season or two to make any real judgement.

Will Singh

Let’s not put him under too much pressure, definitely deserves it and is our future #7. Some players can’t handle it so I think we should wait a few years to let him settle into the team playing week in week out before giving him he’s hero’s shirt. Wow just writing that last bit gave me goosebumps.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Leave the 7 shirt vacant for a full season after Ronaldo goes and then reassess - but if Garnacho does well in that time then he should be first choice as things stand.

Bondi77

Please, this cannot be allowed here.

For gods sake he's not even made 10 appearances. I know this player has a couple of assists here, but this is not right. I can't be the only one that thinks this?
Ronnie had not even played a game for us before he had it and he was the same age.
Playing for Utd automatically comes with great expectation and this kid looks like he is up for the challenge.

Jordi

Looks to be a quality player, no doubting that... but we've seen that before with Januzaj. Let's not make the same mistake again. Let the kid grow at his own pace without unnecessary burdens. The number 7 shirt at United is a weight and it doesnt need to be placed on the shoulders of a kid right now. Not to say it's not for him in the future, though.

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
Give him the number 7 shirt. If he can handle it, he will be worldclass. If not, he’s too weak. That’s how they do it in the good ol’ days. Not now though. Pampered generation.

Tarrou

Sancho really has to step up if he wants to play on the left
with Martial back Sancho is third in the pecking order behind Rashford and Garnacho

he should be second choice on the right though, at least.. as no one else can play there bar Antony

Bondi77

Looks to be a quality player, no doubting that... but we've seen that before with Januzaj. Let's not make the same mistake again. Let the kid grow at his own pace without unnecessary burdens. The number 7 shirt at United is a weight and it doesnt need to be placed on the shoulders of a kid right now. Not to say it's not for him in the future, though.
It was'nt a weight for Ronnie and who is to say this kid does not have the mentality to deal with it
The #7 was never supposed to be a burden but it is supposed to be given to exciting talent at our club and I think maybe because of the recent event of it being given to Valencia at the same time of defenders working out that all they had to do was show him the inside to negate him seems to have added to the myth.