Garnacho..our new #7

nakpodiareuben

So sancho becomes backup for LW, RW and maybe Bruno’s backup?

He would need a magic wane to become a mainstay in this team. The only positives was that He was our best player during the pre season as well as Dalot. Maybe he misses the link up play with Martial and Rashford. We have to see.

lex talionis

I’m completely on board with forum posters like us hyping up the boy. He’s the real deal, and in all honesty does look better so far than Ronaldo, which in no way should be construed as suggesting that Garnacho will be a great as Ronaldo at full maturity.

That said, while it’s perfectly ok for us to praise the boy, the 7 shirt should be nowhere near him any time soon.

TheRedHearted

He would need a magic wane to become a mainstay in this team. The only positives was that He was our best player during the pre season as well as Dalot. Maybe he misses the link up play with Martial and Rashford. We have to see.
I just posted how he would be backup, meaning a squad player. Was thinking he could backup Bruno as well and play centrally

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Whats your beef with him? leave him alone. Feck that number, it doesnt add anything other that pressure to the player. It used to be too big to handle now things have changed, whoever wears it become a failure.

AFC NimbleThumb

Is this the Garnacho #7 thread or the RedCaf bashing another United player thread, honestly our fanbase are cnuts.

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
Garnacho is still eligible for both Spain and Argentina right? Surprised neither picked him for their WC squad to lock him in for the future

norm87cro

No pressure kid, no expectations we will just give you the most jinxed number of our most legendary players because we already have unrealistic excpectations of you. Just give him a normal squad number (next season)between 8 and 25 and be done with it ffs.

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
We should retire that. It's wore by scumbags.
Except Charlie Mitten, David Pegg, Albert Scanlon, Bobby Charlton, John Connelly, George Best, John Aston, David Herd, Ian Storey-Moore, Gerry Daly, Gordon Hill, Mickey Thomas, Sammy McIlroy, Ray Wilkins, Steve Coppell, Arnold Muhren, Jesper Olsen, Peter Davenport, Danny Wallace, Lee Sharpe, Anthony Martial...and host of lesser known players.

ChaddyP

Except Charlie Mitten, David Pegg, Albert Scanlon, Bobby Charlton, John Connelly, George Best, John Aston, David Herd, Ian Storey-Moore, Gerry Daly, Gordon Hill, Mickey Thomas, Sammy McIlroy, Ray Wilkins, Steve Coppell, Arnold Muhren, Jesper Olsen, Peter Davenport, Danny Wallace, Lee Sharpe, Anthony Martial...and host of lesser known players.
Didn't Adnan wear the shirt too iirc

Scottynaldinho

Although there’s positive signs, let’s not get ahead of our selves. We all got excited over januzaj and that never worked out.
To be fair Januzaj was silk. So mature for his age as well. He seemed destined to be a world-class player.

MUFC OK

From what I've seen of Garnacho, he'll be asking for the number 7 himself once Ronaldo has left.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
To be fair Januzaj was silk. So mature for his age as well. He seemed destined to be a world-class player.
He probably could of become a lot better to be honest… under the right manager. He was brought through by moyes wasn’t he?

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Was never impressed with Adnan. Always felt like everybody wanted him to be good to make up for the turd that was us under Moyes and he was never able to live up to that expectations.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Januzaj just never levelled out as a player, in the end. Injuries took their toll a little bit, and a few rubbish early loan moves, but the monster dribbling ability is all he really has to his game. He never rounded out to get on the ball and pass at a high rate, never got into the box to actually try and score or make chance creation actions. With his profile, he could've made it out to a Jack Grealish type of wide playmaker.

El-Manos

Januzaj just never levelled out as a player, in the end. Injuries took their toll a little bit, and a few rubbish early loan moves, but the monster dribbling ability is all he really has to his game. He never rounded out to get on the ball and pass at a high rate, never got into the box to actually try and score or make chance creation actions. With his profile, he could've made it out to a Jack Grealish type of wide playmaker.
Januzaj is the one I got horribly wrong. I think people easily forget how impressive he looked at first. I was fully convinced he was going to be world class for us.

FriedClams

What will his song be? Lots of potential... Could do something to macho man randy save entrance theme, or;

He plays on the left
he plays on the right
That boy garnacho
He'll make ronaldo look shite

RedIan

Garnacho is a ver exciting prospect. He needs to show he can stay at a level for 6 months… then next season he may get the shirt.
we have a lot of options on the right wing, Rashford Sancho Garnacho… foolish to write Sancho off to quickly.

davidmichael

I don’t want to see Garnacho change squad number anytime soon and especially don’t want him anywhere near the number 7 shirt anytime soon because of the media hype and pressure that’ll be put on him.

Let’s just allow him to develop without too much pressure and realise his unreal potential. We’ve got great wide options now though in Antony, Rashford, Sancho and Garnacho then there’s Diallo and Shoretire around too.

Fitchett

Januzaj is the one I got horribly wrong. I think people easily forget how impressive he looked at first. I was fully convinced he was going to be world class for us.
Same here. I even had my strap line on here of "First Best, then Ronaldo, now Januzaj" for a while. That went well............

Demon Barber

I'd love to see a time when we could field a team numbered 1-11. I'm old school. I also shudder at any mention of "retiring" shirt numbers.

Anyway, to the point. Antony is the logical 7 and Garnacho 11in my view - both numbers suggest flair and excitement. Wear those shirts and you should raise the crowd everytime you get the ball.

MUFC OK

Kid is scarily good, has all the components. People forget how inconsistent Ronaldo was at 18. Garnacho looks more equipped than he did at that age to contribute meaningfully. Has that rare quality of looking like he will make something happen when he's on the ball.

With the right application and with patience we could have a world beater on our hands in 2-3 years time.

Lentwood

No, we made the mistake with Janujaz, Rashford and Martial of blowing up their egos, let's really make players earn their big contracts and the honour of wearing a coveted shirt number

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Let's not remove the no 7 shirt from Sancho. It will suck out the last drop of confidence he still have in his ability

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
How many players have changed their number mid season? Is it even allowed?