Gary Neville was dead to me | Reborn as a Dragon

Silver

It's the angle he decided to bring up, without prompt.
Without prompt? They were literally discussing the racist chants against one of our foreign players. You don't think that warrants a discussion about where these chants come from? And where exactly did he mention brexit? He's just stating facts. If you want to fight against this behavior, recognize the source instead of just dismissing discussion because of politics.

Dante

Average bang
Without prompt? They were literally discussing the racist chants against one of our foreign players. You don't think that warrants a discussion about where these chants come from? And where exactly did he mention brexit? He's just stating facts. If you want to fight against this behavior, recognize the source instead of just dismissing discussion because of politics.
Watch the clip again.

It's a broad discussion about racism. Then Neville brings up the politics angle himself. Nobody else did. Only him. And then he identified it as a source, thereby adding politics to discussion. Nothing was dismissed by that addition.

The Don

Metrosexual Candy Shagger
Dayman, ahhhahhhahh, fighter of the nightman
Watch the clip again.

It's a broad discussion about racism. Then Neville brings up the politics angle himself. Nobody else did. Only him. And then he identified it as a source, thereby adding politics to discussion. Nothing was dismissed by that addition.
Is there any point having a broader discussion about racism in society, without mentioning politics? Why do you think so many more of these racists have suddenly felt emboldened? Could it possibly be people like Johnson, Farage, Yaxlely-lenon etc. spewing forth absolute poisionus bile?

Amarsdd

Watch the clip again.

Redknapp talks about it being a societal problem. You can't deny that the politics is aggravating that problem. And that's what Gary was pointing out following Redknapp.

Silver

Watch the clip again.

I watched the clip... Everyone did. I didn't see him bring up brexit or go on about Boris or espouse pro-migration views apart from the topic at hand which was about why these racists are being emboldened. Yet you posted that clip and your only comment was about his specific politics not about the issue at hand. He wasn't dismissing the issue of the racism... you were, by boiling the entire discussion down to a political profile of Neville.

Dante

Average bang
Is there any point having a broader discussion about racism in society, without mentioning politics? Why do you think so many more of these racists have suddenly felt emboldened? Could it possibly be people like Johnson, Farage, Yaxlely-lenon etc. spewing forth absolute poisionus bile?
Exactly.

Dante

Average bang
I watched the clip... Everyone did. I didn't see him bring up brexit or go on about Boris or espouse pro-migration views apart from the topic at hand which was about why these racists are being emboldened. Yet you posted that clip and your only comment was about his specific politics not about the issue at hand. He wasn't dismissing the issue of the racism... you were, by boiling the entire discussion down to a political profile of Neville.
In a thread about Gary Neville, that's what Gary Neville said.

If you want to shut down the debate about political influence on culture, by all means make that point. But it's what Neville brought up and therefore it's here to be discussed.

I can quote where you've dismissed an avenue for discussion and tried to redirect it away from there. Can you show me where I've dismissed anything as being up for debate?

PyroMan

**youtube video**

Neville essentially being anti-Brexit, anti-Boris and pro-migration.
Absolutely fantastic from Gary Neville! Takes the right stand and I hope some people understand that he is actually right.

Kudos to him for having the balls to say that live and in official capacity. Takes courage because you know there will be twats everywhere who will be slating him (haven't seen SM for the reaction yet) and those pushing for him to get sacked. He's taken a stand, the right one. Just solidifies his standing as a United legend.

Silver

In a thread about Gary Neville, that's what Gary Neville said.

If you want to shut down the debate about political influence on culture, by all means make that point. But it's what Neville brought up and therefore it's here to be discussed.

I can quote where you've dismissed an avenue for discussion and tried to redirect it away from there. Can you show me where I've dismissed anything as being up for debate?
By all means discuss the political influence on culture but you have to actually discuss the effect on the culture (in this case, racism) instead of just profiling his politics with no substance. Where exactly was your avenue for discussion there? And you still haven't said anything meaningful about what he actually said... if you want a discussion about the culture then talk about it instead of just profiling someone's politics. If you think otherwise to what they said about what's triggering this racism in our society that's spilling over to football then explain and you know, actually discuss.

Dante

Average bang
By all means discuss the political influence on culture but you have to actually discuss the effect on the culture (in this case, racism) instead of just profiling his politics with no substance. Where exactly was your avenue for discussion there? And you still haven't said anything meaningful about what he actually said... if you want a discussion about the culture then talk about it instead of just profiling someone's politics. If you think otherwise to what they said about what's triggering this racism in our society that's spilling over to football then explain and you know, actually discuss.
I agree with Neville that Johnson bears some responsibility. Isn't that obvious?

Do you believe that Johnson's politics and comments have had an influence on the growing climate of racism in this country?

Silver

I agree with Neville that Johnson bears some responsibility. Isn't that obvious?

Do you believe that Johnson's politics and comments have had an influence on the growing climate of racism in this country?
Not really.

And of course I believe Johnson's politics has influence the growing culture of racism... that's what the discussion should be about and not about Neville's personal politics about brexit etc. Talk about why a twat decides it's ok to be openly racist in 2019. What does Neville's anti-brexit views have to do with that?

Dante

Average bang
Not really.

And of course I believe Johnson's politics has influence the growing culture of racism... that's what the discussion should be about and not about Neville's personal politics about brexit etc. Talk about why a twat decides it's ok to be openly racist in 2019. What does Neville's anti-brexit views have to do with that?
There's a different thread for that. Link: https://www.redcafe.net/threads/cit...and-monkey-gestures-do-not-dox-please.452161/

This is a thread about Gary Neville, his punditry and what he says. That's why I posted a video of Gary Neville, his punditry and what he says. And why I commented about Gary Neville, his punditry and what he says.

The purpose of the thread is what Neville's views have to do with that.
Not really.
Everyone else seems to have figured it out. But fair enough.

Silver

There's a different thread for that. Link: https://www.redcafe.net/threads/cit...and-monkey-gestures-do-not-dox-please.452161/

This is a thread about Gary Neville, his punditry and what he says. That's why I posted a video of Gary Neville, his punditry and what he says. And why I commented about Gary Neville, his punditry and what he says.

The purpose of the thread is what Neville's views have to do with that.

Everyone else seems to have figured it out. But fair enough.
Mate, you're the one who brought up his anti-brexit and pro-migration views which he never expressed in that clip. But ok then. You didn't actually comment on what he said apart from your perceived view of his politics. His punditry is about the racism so talk about that why don't ya?

alexthelion

Neville essentially pointing out how this kind of horrendous behavior is being enabled.... if you wanna boil it down to his politics instead of recognizing the degradation of society then that says a lot about you.
He's talking crap, though, racism has been a big part of football long before Boris or Brexit. He's just using that as an excuse.

Maybe if he was Jewish, he'd think a lot less of a certain party and it's leader.

Judas

Open to offers
Neville in ‘easy-target-cheap-shot-brownie-points-gained’ shocker.
Not really though is it? As much as Boris is hated, there's thickos all over the country that love him, so you're not getting brownie points from everyone. He'll get as much hate for the comment as praise.

Kag

Neville is bang on the money. The rhetoric from the likes of Johnson and Farage has emboldened the sinister views of those in society and made it commonplace to air them freely. It results in what we watched yesterday. It’s an issue all across Western Europe, sadly.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
He's talking crap, though, racism has been a big part of football long before Boris or Brexit. He's just using that as an excuse.

Maybe if he was Jewish, he'd think a lot less of a certain party and it's leader.
You're living under a rock if you don't think BREXIT and twats like Trump & Boris has both fueled racism and made a lot of people think its socially acceptable to be more overt about it... A blissfully ignorant rock.

Good on G.Nev for calling it out, easy target or not

Judas

Open to offers
Neville is bang on the money. The rhetoric from the likes of Johnson and Farage has emboldened the sinister views of those in society and made it commonplace to air them freely. It results in what we watched yesterday. It’s an issue all across Western Europe, sadly.
Lets not ignore what Trump has done to America, and how freely people there are even more openly racist now, because they've got "one of their own" in their view in charge.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Calling out Johnson isn’t an easy target particularly when you consider the vast amount of football fans are right wing who share memes like “Squaddies against Corbyn” as a badge of pride. He could have kept it safe and echoed Redknapps views that it is a societal problem and left it at that.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I noticed his comment and thought it was probably a bit too politicised for a football show, but there is truth in what he said.

That said, back to the bashing, I was again annoyed with his commentary. As usual, he just seems to spend the whole game willing us to concede. Even in the second half, De Gea barely made a save. It was still just constant from him ‘City can still score here’, ‘if they get one back even with 10 minutes you would think they will get something’ on a loop over and over again.

Judas

Open to offers
That said, back to the bashing, I was again annoyed with his commentary. As usual, he just seems to spend the whole game willing us to concede. Even in the second half, De Gea barely made a save. It was still just constant from him ‘City can still score here’, ‘if they get one back even with 10 minutes you would think they will get something’ on a loop over and over again.
Because he was fecking bricking it, like every other Utd fan?

People trying to convince themselves he's not a die hard Utd fan are frankly weird to me, he loves the club more than every single person on here combined.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Because he was fecking bricking it, like every other Utd fan?

People trying to convince themselves he's not a die hard Utd fan are frankly weird to me, he loves the club more than every single person on here combined.
Yeah agree here, I was echoing the same exact points to my friends. Definitely thought we were going to rue all our missed chances.

I think the criticism with Neville is he is too much of a fan, that common fan traits come out like double jinxing.

Offsideagain

He is entitled to his opinion and he was correct when he said our Prime Minister has made racist comments. After match wasn’t the right platform for him to say that as he should have balanced it with a comment about Labour/Momentum and Jews which is racist in the way they have been treated. He could have mentioned Corbyn not singing the national anthem or John McDonald wanting to travel back in time to murder Maggie Thatcher. All comments that incite violence and prejudice.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
He is entitled to his opinion and he was correct when he said our Prime Minister has made racist comments. After match wasn’t the right platform for him to say that as he should have balanced it with a comment about Labour/Momentum and Jews which is racist in the way they have been treated. He could have mentioned Corbyn not singing the national anthem or John McDonald wanting to travel back in time to murder Maggie Thatcher. All comments that incite violence and prejudice.
You think racism can be balanced out by someone not singing the national anthem?

momo83

Massive Snowflake
He didn’t blame Brexit itself, he said the words and propaganda of some politicians are enabling those with racist thoughts to become bolder.

momo83

Massive Snowflake
He didn’t say the PM made racist comments.

IrishRedDevil

More needless, negative comments about Pogba prematch. Saying United need to get rid. Ignoring the comments from his agent that he wants to stay.

Imagine not having kicked a ball in 3 months due to injury and having to read those comments from an ex player.

Kag

What did he say that was positive then?

Point is, he shouldn’t even be making any comments that is open for negative interpretation.
He said that he was the best player at the club. This is correct.

He also said that his agent has been making comments this week (unhelpful either way) and that there is a feeling that Pogba doesn’t want to be at the club. This is also correct.

IrishRedDevil

He said that he was the best player at the club. This is correct.

He also said that his agent has been making comments this week (unhelpful either way) and that there is a feeling that Pogba doesn’t want to be at the club. This is also correct.
His agent made comments, yes. The comments were that Pogba wants to stay. Neville has needlessly assumed that’s a lie.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
What is wrong with him? He needs to go see a psychiatrist seeing as he's clearly lost the plot.