Gary Neville was dead to me | Reborn as a Dragon

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
He's an idiot if He thinks what He said contributed anything to his so called beloved club, United.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
He said that he was the best player at the club. This is correct.

He also said that his agent has been making comments this week (unhelpful either way) and that there is a feeling that Pogba doesn’t want to be at the club. This is also correct.
How? That is just an assumption.

Raiola said ''Paul wants to be happy and successful and win prizes and he would love to do that with Manchester United'' What's wrong with those comments exactly?

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
He's an idiot if He thinks what He said contributed anything to his so called beloved club, United.
I don't think he cares about contributing anything positive to Utd at this point.

It's just an insecure small man clutching at straws, desperately trying to prove his wild accusations correct. He's meant to be 44 years old. He's embarrassing.

El Zoido

It’s clear that he just doesn’t like Pogba.

It’s bizarre how many pundits just seem to hate the guy.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight

Pogba’s profile just totally contradicts their ideals on both football and life in general I suspect. Everything he does seems to offend them, and when you really think of it, it’s barely offensive at all.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Love Neville, talks a great game. Gets things wrong like the rest of us (Utd winning a league before Liverpool being the obvious one) but in the main, he’s bang on in his analysis.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight

"He's faking it."
I don’t think he ‘hates United’, that would be ridiculous. I do think, in his professional capacity, he is most concerned with trying to appear the best pundit possible, and as a result, leads the agenda against us and some of our players though. United misery is great television, and he seems to almost fuel it.

It’s similar to Arsenal fans saying Robbie Lyle ‘isn’t a proper fan’ of the club. I mean, obviously, he loves Arsenal - but he also benefits massively by fielding the negativity around the club.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
At least there’s one subject he’s spot on about.

Oh and the "I am compelled to say that these are the views of Gary Neville and not SkySports,” at the end made me cringe.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
I don’t think he ‘hates United’, that would be ridiculous. I do think, in his professional capacity, he is most concerned with trying to appear the best pundit possible, and as a result, leads the agenda against us and some of our players though. United misery is great television, and he seems to almost fuel it.

It’s similar to Arsenal fans saying Robbie Lyle ‘isn’t a proper fan’ of the club. I mean, obviously, he loves Arsenal - but he also benefits massively by fielding the negativity around the club.
Oh yeah, I don't doubt Gary's affection for United. I think, though, he's naturally reactionary and this suits broadcasters' desire for sensationalism.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

Oh and the "I am compelled to say that these are the views of Gary Neville and not SkySports,” at the end made me cringe.
You know why I love Neville despite the fact that sometimes he upsets me, he knows damn well what he is doing when he asks the hosts if he agrees with him. :lol:

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
You know why I love Neville despite the fact that sometimes he upsets me, he knows damn well what he is doing when he asks the hosts if he agrees with him. :lol:
Yeah loved that, put him in a tough spot, can imagine the producer having a word with Neville after that. But it is crazy that the host has to say that, and I know it’s down to the company he works for instead of his personal thoughts. But still, makes it sound like they disagree with everything Neville said, which is just plain stupid.

drdoityourself

Bit rich coming from him, his refusal to critisize local players, when he's quite brutal on the foreign ones.

dev1l

How? That is just an assumption.

Raiola said ''Paul wants to be happy and successful and win prizes and he would love to do that with Manchester United'' What's wrong with those comments exactly?
On the face of it, nothing...but knowing Raiola, who has been trying to force United into accepting a ridiculous low fee from Real for Pogba so he get another big commission, makes you a bit suspicious...

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
On the face of it, nothing...but knowing Raiola, who has been trying to force United into accepting a ridiculous low fee from Real for Pogba so he get another big commission, makes you a bit suspicious...
No wonder you are suspicious when you have created a truth for yourself like this. Why do people keep creating facts these days?!

Acole9

Outstanding
All the paranoia on here about Gary Neville really is pathetic. If some of you folk look back on some of the posts you've put in this thread in a few years time you will be thoroughly embarrassed.

dev1l

Last edited:

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
What Truth I am creating?

It s a fact that Raiola wants Pogba off to Madrid - He confirmed it himself.

It s also a fact the ridiculous low offer made by Real.
Just the bit about him trying to force United to accept a ridiculously low offer. That bit is made up. Real made a low bid, we rejected it and that was the end of the matter. There was no pressuring us to sell.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
That's a bit of a stretch. Why would you even think things that are based on wild rumours?

He can't force anything. But he's an agent. he acts in the interests of his client. If the clients happy, there's no problem.

Raiola also said that Pogba followed his heart & wanted to 'come home' originally. He could have gone to Real back then but he never. There's a lot of insecurity within fans.

When Pogba joined, we were in the EL, 3 years on, we're still in the EL. He's entering his prime years now.

If you had the talent and capability to be playing on the highest stage, would you be ready to commit your prime years to us, in the position we're in?

dev1l

That's a bit of a stretch. Why would you even think things that are based on wild rumours?

He can't force anything. But he's an agent. he acts in the interests of his client. If the clients happy, there's no problem.

Raiola also said that Pogba followed his heart & wanted to 'come home' originally. He could have gone to Real back then but he never. There's a lot of insecurity within fans.

When Pogba joined, we were in the EL, 3 years on, we're still in the EL. He's entering his prime years now.

If you had the talent and capability to be playing on the highest stage, would you be ready to commit your prime years to us, in the position we're in?
No stretching. Raiola wants us to sell Pogba to Madrid. - I think that s a fact. (even if now he changed his tune).
Real Madrid who paid 130million for Hazard made a very low offer for what Raiola describes the world s greatest midfielder and as far as we know they haven't increased their bid yet.

The fact that Real made an.offer means they are interested. The fact that they made a low offer means that either they don't rate Pogba or else they re expecting United to bow to Raiola s demands

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
No stretching. Raiola wants us to sell Pogba to Madrid. - I think that s a fact. (even if now he changed his tune).
Real Madrid who paid 130million for Hazard made a very low offer for what Raiola describes the world s greatest midfielder and as far as we know they haven't increased their bid yet.

The fact that Real made an.offer means they are interested. The fact that they made a low offer means that either they don't rate Pogba or else they re expecting United to bow to Raiola s demands
''Raiola wants us to sell Pogba to Madrid.'' That is a stretch, not fact.

If we got our act together, started behaving like a top club, showing signs we are going to compete at the top, then Pogba will be happy to stay. Pogba happy = Raiola happy.

He's had 3 years of the same old nonsense, a footballer's career is short. No-one knows the future, so whilst he is healthy and on top of his game, now entering his prime years, can you blame him for not wanting to wait around any longer?

I ask again, if you had the talent and capability to be playing on the highest stage, would you be ready to commit your prime years to us, in the position we're in?

If you wouldn't, then why are you holding Pogba to it too?
Not really. It's actually not concrete that Madrid are interested. Zidane is interested, but the higher ups aren't as convinced apparently.

He is valued at £150m by us. What club is going to pay that amount for a midfielder? There's a reason strikers go for the most. As good as Pogba is, it's not very wise to do. Hence the low-ball offers.

Snafu17

He has always been a very emotional United supporter. It's like some of you skipped his entire career.

Beans

Supports
Neutral

They do it all for the clicks, it's sad to see Neville jettison his credibility to be a celebrity pundit.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia

His own silence when Pogba was racially abused on the back of his criticism was deafening. Probably nothing to do with race but he's more than happy to shout from the roof tops in general, but ignorant when the subject of the abuse is someone he clearly dislikes.

Dante

Average bang
His own silence when Pogba was racially abused on the back of his criticism was deafening. Probably nothing to do with race but he's more than happy to shout from the roof tops in general, but ignorant when the subject of the abuse is someone he clearly dislikes.
That was on social media. And Lingard and Rashford were racially abused at the same time.

Neville is paid to talk about football, not Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
That was on social media. And Lingard and Rashford were racially abused at the same time.

Neville is paid to talk about football, not Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Yes but if that were me, unlike Lingard and Rashford incidents, I'd consider that my rant was a contributory factor and want to speak out, as I'd done previously at times.

That's my opinion, I'm not interested in a deflective back and forth about what Nevilles paid to do. In my opinion he has an irrational dislike for Pogba, went on an irrational rant and later Pogba was racially abused. Neville stayed silent. It doesn't help then when he's calling out others for supporting racism.

As far as I'm aware he couldn't consider he'd played any part in Lingards or Rashfords incidents? If I'm wrong then yeah it's not a personal issue with Pogba but still something he might want to consider. Put his values above his ego.

Bojan11

What? If Pogba was abused in a game, Neville would be the first to call it out. I don’t agree with some of his football statements but saying he doesn’t bring up racism because he dislikes someone is ridiculous.

Should Neville go around talking about every black footballer getting racially abused on social media because he will be there all day. His job is to talk about the game and this game sadly had racism in it so of course he is going to talk about it.