Gary Neville was dead to me | Reborn as a Dragon

Suedesi

He is as clueless as Ole. Lukaku does just fine with Belgium, but he did not fit into United's style? What f*cking style? This team can't pass, can't move, can't make runs in behind, can't make the pitch wide, can't have a striker making runs into the f*ucking box, can't show up for your teammates. Who does the buck stop with?

Coward pundit.
Sorry, disagree with that. Lukaku was an abomination with United. This is him, in the *good* first season with United...

Betson

Disgusting agenda driven little man.
Ok , so you disagree with him and that is fine, but why the personal abuse , is is not entitled to his own opinion as well.

What agenda do you think he has other than wanting to us back challenging again?

Foxbatt

He wanted to give Moyes more time and now wants Ole to be given more time. The two of them are out of their depth.

momo83

Massive Snowflake
Today Neville mentioned numerous times that United were missing Lingard. Says it all really.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Neville is a former player for united and a pundit. Is there one person anywhere that thinks this guy doesn’t bleed united? Christ I hated him as a player but respected him for being true to his team even if he was a manc. He has his own views and opinions that may or may not be right. But the guy obviously cares 100% about the club so why call him disgusting and vile things. Disgraceful.

Eric7C

Sorry, disagree with that. Lukaku was an abomination with United. This is him, in the *good* first season with United...

How many goals did he score again that season? He's no Messi, but he isn't Rashford either.

And anyway, he should have been replaced if they didn't want him. The point here is that Neville can't call out his mate, who along with Woodward, is turning this club into a train wreck. The man is out of his depth and this hypocrite will never say it.

Suedesi

How many goals did he score again that season? He's no Messi, but he isn't Rashford either.

And anyway, he should have been replaced if they didn't want him. The point here is that Neville can't call out his mate, who along with Woodward, is turning this club into a train wreck. The man is out of his depth and this hypocrite will never say it.
Don't get me wrong, we're light upfront and should have recruited in the summer. Not because we lost this great striker in Lukaku, but because Martial is a sicknote and Rashford is not a lethal striker.

Had a look at Inter forums after their match with Juve, sounds too fckn familiar:

• Lukaku has the reputation as a flat-track bully in EPL and it was proven again in his first bigmatch that he was completely shut down by juve. As frustrating it is, what is more frustrating is his attitude to be a coach-player on the field. Berating his teammates and pointing here and there will not help. I hope this stops know. Conte and his coaching staffs has a lot of homework for him. Everybody knows that he needs to improve his first touch, but his decision-making and selfishness are somewhere on top of the list. He is too collective which makes him never being decisive in a close big match. If he never improves his lethality, he will end up being Emile Heskey or John Carew and that's not the outcome we expect from our record signing. Please improve, Lukaku.

• he's gotta do at least one of two things, either start producing, or STOP complaining every single attack

• Starting to get really annoyed by the "hey I was here, hey this is where you should have passed the ball to.." -pointing...

• Also, any time the ball was with handanovic, kick out or whatever, he was standing a few yards offside. Stupid lazy fecker. We said from day dot that people will be looking icardi back when this guy plays. He's awful, and we're stuck with him for years now.

• Never seen a worse performance by an Inter player since probably Santon against Milan few years ago. As dumb as Icardi is, he is an Einstein compared to this fat feck. I almost broke my own hand for hitting at the floor so hard around 80 mins when he received the ball and was under no pressure and had all the time in the world, instead of turning around to shoot or pass it to Vecino, he flicked the ball right away without thinking and taking his time. It was a very dumb mistake, let alone by someome worth 83m.

Bulldog United

Neville is a former player for united and a pundit. Is there one person anywhere that thinks this guy doesn’t bleed united? Christ I hated him as a player but respected him for being true to his team even if he was a manc. He has his own views and opinions that may or may not be right. But the guy obviously cares 100% about the club so why call him disgusting and vile things. Disgraceful.
I find it hard to disagree with any of that.

Generally he's in tune with most of our fans, including his obvious desire during many commentaries to want whatever result is worst for Liverpool's title aspirations (sorry!). :D It's just the position he takes in regards to sacking United managers that frustrates a lot of people. I think he suggests the potential for any current United manager to be the next Ferguson if we just stay patient long enough. I honestly believe if he genuinely felt Ole was the problem and had to be sacked though, regardless of them being old teammates, I am sure he would find a way to make that clear - without explicitly demanding his sacking. He undoubtedly wants what's best for United.

Eric7C

Don't get me wrong, we're light upfront and should have recruited in the summer. Not because we lost this great striker in Lukaku, but because Martial is a sicknote and Rashford is not a lethal striker.
Ole (and Woodward and the board) had a half season last season to know this - but they probably didn't because I am not sure Ole is a great spotter of what a team needs at this level. Yet they chose to sell the best finisher (a very flawed one of course) at the club. Don't you think one could make similar videos about all our attackers (you could make one of Rashford from the Newcastle game alone)? If they were not absolutely certain of getting in a replacement, then Lukaku should not have been sold. The argument that he wanted to leave doesn't wash since Pogba wanted to leave too. These players will do their best in a Euros year. This idea that only players that fit a perfect mould should be kept at the club has led to a bare bones attack and flirting with the relegation spots.

Besides all this, Ole can't coach. Why can't Neville point this out?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Can't take Neville seriously. He never feels the manager should be accountable. If it were up to him, Moyes would still be in charge.

In Rainbows

Can't take Neville seriously. He never feels the manager should be accountable. If it were up to him, Moyes would still be in charge.
Should give me the job. I would be clueless, but I would be backed by Neville because of his blind faith that time is all that's needed. Can't judge a manager until he has a couple of transfer windows.

amolbhatia50k

Should give me the job. I would be clueless, but I would be backed by Neville because of his blind faith that time is all that's needed. Can't judge a manager until he has a couple of transfer windows.
Best job ever. Not an ideal owner? I can't be held accountable. Good fun.

Dorian Gray

Supports
Liverpool
He has liked in twitter 2 articles calling out Woodward / club structure. Can't paste the screen shots. But he liked these two.

Perhaps the tide is turning a little bit with ex players throwing a light on Woodward, with evras post and maybe Gary Neville will say something too.
The point about the lack of structure being the problem is very true in my opinion. When a manager is at a club for so long, his leaving is bound to have a drastic effect - succession planning becomes extremely important in such a scenario. That is one area where Shankly excelled and did better than SAF I feel, even after his 15-year stint, the boot room supplied the managerial talent for the next 2 decades with continued success.
I am not sure of the exact structure or roles at United but I guess Quieroz, Phelan, Mulensteen etc. would have been the equivalent of Paisley, Fagan. One of them should have been groomed to take over, if possible.

TsuWave

His reasoning for not going for a top manager is ‘well we’ve tried that one before’ What??? fecking crazy.
It’s mad. Redknapp speaking facts about how you shouldn’t got from managing Molde to managing Man United, and this guy butts in with “we have tried that before”. What the hell.

amolbhatia50k

He has liked in twitter 2 articles calling out Woodward / club structure. Can't paste the screen shots. But he liked these two.

Perhaps the tide is turning a little bit with ex players throwing a light on Woodward, with evras post and maybe Gary Neville will say something too.
There's never a single problem. The manager is a problem. Woodward is a problem.

Stacks

Had a look at Inter forums after their match with Juve, sounds too fckn familiar:
So familiar with the Rom comments

ottosec

I agree with him regarding the stuff from around 1:30 to 3:00. I assume he meant LB instead of RB.
I just watched the first half and he's talking a lot of trash as usual.

Bla, bla, bla, players are shit. Bla, bla, bla, we should give our managers contract for life then install their firstborn sons to continue their work, maybe in 3 generations we'll see some improvement.

We obviously don't have a team as good as City or many other top teams, but we don't have a team that should struggle against all the Rochdales and Newcastles out there either, a team that has one shot on target every two games.

Matt007a

I know he talks about changing direction and wanting to stick rather than twist all the time and that is correct.

But if we had a proper structure in place then changing the manager wouldn’t mean a change in direction. The idea these days is that the DoF or someone in a similar role is responsible for the continuity of the club and making sure the same ideas are applied throughout, no matter who the manager is.

Because we have a structure where the manager is all powerful in determining the style and transfer policy, we can’t just change when it’s not working. Now we are stuck in a position where we should change but won’t because of the reasons Neville talked about.

We should be midway through the Manchester United restoration project, where the manager is one of many interchangeable cogs, but instead we are midway through the OGS restoration project where the manager has the only set of keys!

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
There's never a single problem. The manager is a problem. Woodward is a problem.
Exactly. Why is this never pressed on Gary when he deflects to Woodward?

Yes he's a problem but one of the remedies is to get an actual coach in.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
It's fecking weird but exactly what you can expect on the internet when someone doesn't agree with someone else. The stupidest thing is he gets slated when he says the truth as well though.

Fluctuation0161

Mankini was manager and won the league. What was the plan? They sacked 2 more manager's after that before Pep
The LONG TERM plan was to mimic the Barcelona structure. By employing 2 DOF's who worked previously at Barca with Pep. 2 footbal men who know the game and give footballing direction on transfers etc. Then aim to get Pep (they'd been tapping him up for years).

Stacks

The LONG TERM plan was to mimic the Barcelona structure. By employing 2 DOF's who worked previously at Barca with Pep. 2 footbal men who know the game and give footballing direction on transfers etc. Then aim to get Pep (they'd been tapping him up for years).
So they were just gonna sack Mankini then?

"The assumption that City simply copied Barcelona's model, air-lifting it in, is facile and flawed. So is the theory that signing Soriano and Begiristain was merely a prelude to signing Guardiola, although no doubt they would have liked to" (The Guardian)

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
He wanted to give Moyes more time and now wants Ole to be given more time. The two of them are out of their depth.
I don't believe he actually does, he's just backed himself so far into a corner with his stance on managers he would look ridiculous if he ever turns publicly.

Genuinely wouldn't surprise me if he's on a forum somewhere (maybe even this one) anonymously airing his true beliefs.

Last edited:

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
At least he’s consistently annoying. For once, just shut up.

OldSchoolManc

Gary Neville needs to shut the hell up. Every time he gives the anti United stance. Just a prick.