Gary Neville on United

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Neville's mate is in charge and he's a nationalist, so he's always going to defend the farcical transfer window we had, then when it goes wrong it'll be Pogba, Martial and Lindelof's fault.
This

SambaBoy

We are going to be hoping our youngsters step up this season to claim top four otherwise we will be stuck with Mata & Lingard playing RM and playing for top 6. It's a massive risk and not one I think we can take. It's always easier to blood youngsters when you are performing well. I'm all for blooding in the likes of Gomes, Greenwood, Garner, Chong etc but the amount of times I have heard people claim 'just give x player the minutes' or 'I don't want us to sign x as it will block y's progress into the first team'

The step up from reserve football, loan moves or youth football is massive and not one to be underestimated. The likes of Wilson was seen as a sure to make it at United by some, but he's now playing in Scotland, TFM too and he keeps failing on various loans, plenty of young players have been seen as a player with the potential to feature for us long-term but in reality, they are not good enough or there are too many factors for them to make it. Greenwood looks like a star in fairness, but so did Januzaj when he burst through under Moyes. Garner, Chong and Gomes all have talent but also there are a lot of question marks over them.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Disastrous natural cycles are things like Earthquake, Tornado, Meteor hitting your house when you're sitting there watching ArsenalFanTV.

Mismanagement(s) aren't natural cycle especially if it keeps happening again and again. No excuses, They feck up and need replacing. Change or feck off.

Neville is a nobody. His views are always adjusted based around his mates and the same old 'fans need to be patient', etc, etc. Same thing happened during his interview about Wenger. Pretentious arrogance. 'Look, Im right because I say the right stuffs'.
This is the sort of stupid 'fan' comment I only expect from opposing fans. Its really sad how pathetic some United supporters are. Turning on Ole etc.
You have to give RAWK members however deluded they were years ago but they rarely turned or insulted their own.

WTF have you done in football or for United to make such conclusions? Keyboard warrior twat.

devilish

This is the sort of stupid 'fan' comment I only expect from opposing fans. Its really sad how pathetic some United supporters are. Turning on Ole etc.
You have to give RAWK members however deluded they were years ago but they rarely turned or insulted their own.

WTF have you done in football or for United to make such conclusions? Keyboard warrior twat.
Maybe because he's not deluded? There's nothing wrong in thinking that someone has no idea of what he's talking about despite having worn the red shirt.

AR87

I love how Fellaini, a player that 90% of this board felt was worthless and a bum, now all of a sudden is somebody who needed to be replaced. And I'd bet most of these same people thought our midfield was too stocked last year after adding Fred.

We're one CM short, not 2. Essentially we're betting that McTominay and Fred elevate their performance this year, and Matic in reduced minutes and importance won't be worthless. I feel confident McTominay will be solid this season. Fred is more of a wild card. I like his attributes but consistency is and has always been the issue with him.

And yes, absolutely we should have identified more CM options and got one in, but we didn't. That's problematic, but I'm happy we didn't compromise and go for some random filler just to "address" the issue.

If we don't get a director in then the operational issues that have plagued us will persist. That's a very real concern and problem, but I'm happy we actually have some cohesive vision and plan to the profile of player we want to add.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic

How am I turning on Ole for criticizing Neville for being a hypocritical, mates' faces saving pundit?

It's his job and it's all about politics. Get real. Now let me ask you something, how can you trust someone that has failed in management talking about management? You get my point.

I am a nobody and I know that.

SecondFig

I agree with Nev on this. Sure, I'd have liked another 1-2 players to improve midfield and our attack, but I'm glad we didn't panic buy someone who turned out not to be that great, or splash insane money on a "superstar" like Dybala when we've got no clue where he'd fit in.

Plus a lot of fans are really hypocritical - we whine when Lukaku started because he's got no first touch, slows/breaks down our attacks etc., AND we all want Greenwood and Chong to get more game-time. But we then complain when we sell Lukaku (for getting our money back) without replacing him. The only player I was sorry to see leave was Herrera, and I also get why we let him go.

All of that said (and I think the transfer window was OK, and I'm fully behind Ole) we still desperately need someone (a DoF) to replace Woodward in football matters.

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
Gary Neville is bang on. Personally i am delighted with our transfer window and if we have a good start to the season which i am very confident that we will, so will the rest of our fans and all of this crap about we should have been signing x, y and z will be forgotten.

devilish

I agree with Nev on this. Sure, I'd have liked another 1-2 players to improve midfield and our attack, but I'm glad we didn't panic buy someone who turned out not to be that great, or splash insane money on a "superstar" like Dybala when we've got no clue where he'd fit in.

Plus a lot of fans are really hypocritical - we whine when Lukaku started because he's got no first touch, slows/breaks down our attacks etc., AND we all want Greenwood and Chong to get more game-time. But we then complain when we sell Lukaku (for getting our money back) without replacing him. The only player I was sorry to see leave was Herrera, and I also get why we let him go.

All of that said (and I think the transfer window was OK, and I'm fully behind Ole) we still desperately need someone (a DoF) to replace Woodward in football matters.
How exactly are fans hypocritical when Ole himself stated that players who left the club during the transfer window needed to be replaced? Also do you agree with Neville that we're closer to win the EPL title then Liverpool are? I watched the interview and the first thing it came in mind was, no wonder this guy tanked so badly at Valencia.

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
I love how Fellaini, a player that 90% of this board felt was worthless and a bum, now all of a sudden is somebody who needed to be replaced. And I'd bet most of these same people thought our midfield was too stocked last year after adding Fred.

We're one CM short, not 2. Essentially we're betting that McTominay and Fred elevate their performance this year, and Matic in reduced minutes and importance won't be worthless. I feel confident McTominay will be solid this season. Fred is more of a wild card. I like his attributes but consistency is and has always been the issue with him.

And yes, absolutely we should have identified more CM options and got one in, but we didn't. That's problematic, but I'm happy we didn't compromise and go for some random filler just to "address" the issue.

If we don't get a director in then the operational issues that have plagued us will persist. That's a very real concern and problem, but I'm happy we actually have some cohesive vision and plan to the profile of player we want to add.
They were either the same fans that agreed with Hanson in '95 when he slagged us off after that opening day defeat or they are fans that don't even remember it.

Amarsdd

How exactly are fans hypocritical when Ole himself stated that players who left the club during the transfer window needed to be replaced? Also do you agree with Neville that we're closer to win the EPL title then Liverpool are? I watched the interview and the first thing it came in mind was, no wonder this guy tanked so badly at Valencia.
I think you heard it wrong. He said United can win the EPL sooner than Liverpool, not that United was closer to winning it now. Those are very different points and went along with his argument that everything is cyclic and Liverpool won't be able to hold on to their best players and have City to deal with and so on.

WireMUFC

This is why United fans should watch Full Time Devils instead of United Stand. Adam Mckola with top questions, proper red. Goldbridge is a little weasel compared to Adam.

WireMUFC

I said basically what Gary is saying last week in the #GlazerOut thread

“Can’t stand this #GlazerOut twitter campaign, It’s all about signings for kids on twitter. It’s embarrassing mostly spoilt brats behind the tweets. I despise the Glazers and Woodward but you know for a fact if we’d signed lots of players they would all be happy and would be saying stuff like “love you ed” and all this shite.

Signings are part of the problem but it’s much more than that. It’s a lot deeper than just oh we haven’t signed Fernandes #GlazersOut which a lot of people don’t understand. The fact that the supporters trust aren’t behind it says everything. The “protest” outside Old Trafford was a complete joke about 15 people there organised by some complete clown who was supposedly asking for donations. Guarantee the people on twitter are the first people to buy a new shirt.

You only have to look at the amount of new shirts on the tour to understand where I’m coming from. #GlazerOut will achieve nothing and has achieved nothing, we’ve had far bigger protests than this. Actually had a riot outside Old Trafford, Compared to this lot who had 15 people show up. Tweets put 0 pressure on the Glazers.

The whole thing at this point lacks any direction as a movement.”

devilish

I think you heard it wrong. He said United can win the EPL sooner than Liverpool, not that United was closer to winning it now. Those are very different points and went along with his argument that everything is cyclic and Liverpool won't be able to hold on to their best players and have City to deal with and so on.
its basically the same thing. I think its a mad thing to say really. We're far more vulnerable of losing our best players then they are.

Amarsdd

its basically the same thing. I think its a mad thing to say really. We're far more vulnerable of losing our best players then they are.
its not. Do you think one of Wolves, Leicester or Everton has a better team than Chelsea? If so that team is closest to winning the league than Chelsea right now. But Chelsea will win it sooner than all of them.
And no, we are not more vulnerable of losing our best players than Liverpool. Wages are a much bigger factor than success for most big players when teams are not far away. And Liverpool can't pay the wages that we can or for that matter City, Real Madrid, Barcelona etc. So esp if Liverpool are not as successful as last season, I can easily see at least one of Van Dijk, Salah or Mane not being there next season.

devilish

its not. Do you think one of Wolves, Leicester or Everton has a better team than Chelsea? If so that team is closest to winning the league than Chelsea right now. But Chelsea will win it sooner than all of them.
And no, we are not more vulnerable of losing our best players than Liverpool. Wages are a much bigger factor than success for most big players when teams are not far away. And Liverpool can't pay the wages that we can or for that matter City, Real Madrid, Barcelona etc. So esp if Liverpool are not as successful as last season, I can easily see at least one of Van Dijk, Salah or Mane not being there next season.
I think his comment is stupid and disrespectful towards a big club whose got a better manager, a better board and a better squad then we do. They aren't the ones starting with a rookie manager who was out of depth at Cardiff, a weak CM, no quality RW, no cover for the forward line, no CL football this year and possibly the next. We are.

Regarding your second comment, we've only got two top quality players. One is heading towards his last year of contract and the other one has already asked to be sold. How can we possibly say we're less vulnerable about losing top players then Liverpool are?

We should really get off our high horse. Brand names and money in the bank won't win you trophies. The talent on the pitch will. Hence why clubs like Chelsea and Shitty who were a joke when I started following football had dominated football in the past decade or so.

Our current team would struggle big time to make it to top 4 let alone win anything important. Therefore Neville can be as relaxed as he can possibly be but if we don't make it to top 4 then heads will roll and his best mate will find himself chilling at Molde or talking shit on sky football as he does.

Last edited:

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
He's half right and half wrong. Yes the new philosophy on recruitment has upsides. You cant get stung signing Di Marias, Lukakus and Sanchezs if you don't go out and sign them in the first place. Maguire, AWB and James are way more likely to be committed to the club for the very long term, if good enough, than a foreign equivalent.

But still, as a club we look an absolute shambles in the transfer market. We have the philosophy but not the plan. We lost two midfielders, who played a feck ton of minutes between them in the last couple of seasons, and brought no one in to replace them. That's just idiotic. Even before you consider the fact that Pogba will not be here long term and Matic now being a dead duck. If Longstaff was a perfect fit for Ole's midfielder profile, and the money was there, why didn't we sign him? £80m for Maguire was fine so why not £40-50m for such a vital long term signing? We knew both were leaving since January. Why was no one else on the shortlist?

We said we would replace Lukaku if he was sold. He was sold. We didn't replace him. We're down to two forwards and a 17 year old prospect (Sanchez doesn't count because he'll never be fit). Ridiculously cavalier attitude for a club that was ravaged by fatigue injuries last season and will be playing Europa league football this season. We knew Lukaku was going since Ole took over more or less. Where are the potential targets to replace him?

We know Pogba will force his way out next summer. Why did we only switch on to Eriksen at the eleventh hour? Who the feck have we been looking at otherwise?
Couldn’t have said it better. Unless this is part of some great big masterplan that the whole world is currently laughing at but will come really good (who actually thinks that though?) then we are almost totally screwed for the next few years.

ManRed

Agree with Neville on pretty much everything. Teams do move in cycles as we have seen in sports La Lakers in 200s in Basketball / Ferrari in F1 etc.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Gary excusing the mismanagement of the club as a natural cycle

well done McKola for pressing him

Disrespectful from Neville in some ways. Fair enough on the fact that the Glazers dont care about protests but he could have shown some empathy with United fans complaints

Neville seems to be pedalling a myth that United fans are upset that we arent buying 100m world beaters when that's a distortion of the 5 key questions
Because he knows that the fans are fecked!!! The guy asking the questions was hoping Neville was going to start whining like the rest of them, but Gary knows and sees what Ole is doing here and trying to accomplish. McKola is a tool. He's just another on the doom and gloom patrol who would rather we spent millions on another "Di Maria" while all that will do is stunt the growth of our truly exceptional talent that we have coming through right now. Amazing how everyone wants us to sign Sancho yet the only reason why he would even be an option is because City didn't give him a chance yet BVB did. How about rather than being like City and signing players at the expence of our potentionally world class youth, we actually give our youth a chance and have a team that we can truly get behind that was built the right way rather than just buying success like the other teams at the top? Personally I haven't been this excited for a season to start in ages and I think we are going to surprise a lot of people this year, especially the nay sayers that reside on this forum...

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
We are going to be hoping our youngsters step up this season to claim top four otherwise we will be stuck with Mata & Lingard playing RM and playing for top 6. It's a massive risk and not one I think we can take. It's always easier to blood youngsters when you are performing well. I'm all for blooding in the likes of Gomes, Greenwood, Garner, Chong etc but the amount of times I have heard people claim 'just give x player the minutes' or 'I don't want us to sign x as it will block y's progress into the first team'

The step up from reserve football, loan moves or youth football is massive and not one to be underestimated. The likes of Wilson was seen as a sure to make it at United by some, but he's now playing in Scotland, TFM too and he keeps failing on various loans, plenty of young players have been seen as a player with the potential to feature for us long-term but in reality, they are not good enough or there are too many factors for them to make it. Greenwood looks like a star in fairness, but so did Januzaj when he burst through under Moyes. Garner, Chong and Gomes all have talent but also there are a lot of question marks over them.
Of all those players coming through, Greenwood will be a star. Mark my words. The most impressive thing about him is that nobody knows whether he is right footed or left footed and that's a dangerous attribute to have. Garner will also be a great midfielder, but he's still a year or two away from first team. Gomes will also be great as long as we stick to a 4-2-3-1. He won't be a great winger if we go 4-3-3 or 4-4-2. The only one I have reservations about is Chong. He's good, and I can see him getting first team games, but I think he will end up more like a Lingard type player. The other 3 though will be great, and Greenwood will likely be the best and play a big role this year. I gotta admit, I was also excited when I saw that Gomes, Greenwood and Chong weren't with the U23's tonight. That most likely means they will feature on Sunday in some form...

Amarsdd

I think his comment is stupid and disrespectful towards a big club whose got a better manager, a better board and a better squad then we do. They aren't the ones starting with a rookie manager who was out of depth at Cardiff, a weak CM, no quality RW, no cover for the forward line, no CL football this year and possibly the next. We are.

Regarding your second comment, we've only got two top quality players. One is heading towards his last year of contract and the other one has already asked to be sold. How can we possibly say we're less vulnerable about losing top players then Liverpool are?

We should really get off our high horse. Brand names and money in the bank won't win you trophies. The talent on the pitch will. Hence why clubs like Chelsea and Shitty who were a joke when I started following football had dominated football in the past decade or so.

Our current team would struggle big time to make it to top 4 let alone win anything important. Therefore Neville can be as relaxed as he can possibly be but if we don't make it to top 4 then heads will roll and his best mate will find himself chilling at Molde or talking shit on sky football as he does.
If we qualify for CL and offer a bumper contract to Pogba, don't you think he will stay? I think yes. On the same note, lets say if Liverpool win the league but next summer Madrid and Barcelona come calling for Salah and Mane with 350k contracts (i think Mane is 150k and Salah is 200k right now?), then would they stay or do you think Liverpool would be able to match that? I think no.

And again, I think you're misconstruing his points. Neville was relaxed not because we have a great team, but the fact that we are finally going about recruiting the right way with some resemblance of a plan, and not doing panic buys or big shiny toy buys like we have done and failed with last few seasons.

And of course, this is not about being on our high horse, its just that we have finally learnt from some of our previous mistakes and taking steps to correct them. Yeah, those steps might not be as big as we would want to but still its a step in the positive direction.

hubbuh

Disastrous natural cycles are things like Earthquake, Tornado, Meteor hitting your house when you're sitting there watching ArsenalFanTV.

Mismanagement(s) aren't natural cycle especially if it keeps happening again and again. No excuses, They feck up and need replacing. Change or feck off.

Neville is a nobody. His views are always adjusted based around his mates and the same old 'fans need to be patient', etc, etc. Same thing happened during his interview about Wenger. Pretentious arrogance. 'Look, Im right because I say the right stuffs'.
Genuinely nterested to know Neville qualifies as a ‘nobody’ in football in your eyes? Is Gerrard a nobody? Carragher? Lampard? What do you have to do in order to be considered a ‘somebody’?

Tarrou

Maybe because he's not deluded? There's nothing wrong in thinking that someone has no idea of what he's talking about despite having worn the red shirt.
That doesn’t make him a nobody though does it, which is what the poster was objecting too

I think it’s a weird comment too

devilish

If we qualify for CL and offer a bumper contract to Pogba, don't you think he will stay? I think yes. On the same note, lets say if Liverpool win the league but next summer Madrid and Barcelona come calling for Salah and Mane with 350k contracts (i think Mane is 150k and Salah is 200k right now?), then would they stay or do you think Liverpool would be able to match that? I think no.

And again, I think you're misconstruing his points. Neville was relaxed not because we have a great team, but the fact that we are finally going about recruiting the right way with some resemblance of a plan, and not doing panic buys or big shiny toy buys like we have done and failed with last few seasons. And of course, this is not about being on our high horse, its just that we have finally learnt from some of our previous mistakes and taking steps to correct them. Yeah, those steps might not be as big as we would want to but still its a step in the positive direction.
I very much doubt that scrapping a top 4 place will be enough to keep Pogba from pushing for a deal with the best team in the world, a club btw whose an absolute guarantee they'll be competing for the CL or the title (or both). Look around you. Dybala asked for silly money to join us while Eriksen turned us down. That speaks volumes of how attractive and powerful this team is. As said we really need to get off our high horse on that, we're nowhere near to a top club status at the moment, let alone being anywhere near to the Galacticos.

And as Ole said, managers are judged on short term aims and long term aims. He might have the best long term plan in the world but if he doesn't make it to top 4 then he'll probably be out. This squad will struggle to make it to top 4 and if that happened then heads will probably roll. Unfortunately Neville doesn't seem to understand that, which speaks volumes why he failed so badly in management and is now sitting at a table answering to fans instead of leading a team.

Last edited:

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Genuinely nterested to know Neville qualifies as a ‘nobody’ in football in your eyes? Is Gerrard a nobody? Carragher? Lampard? What do you have to do in order to be considered a ‘somebody’?
Nobody because everything He says these days are based on agendas. I'd rather to listen to the likes of Rio all day.

devilish

That doesn’t make him a nobody though does it, which is what the poster was objecting too

I think it’s a weird comment too
I try to avoid using the term nobody against anyone really. Every fan is valuable. However that's what Gaz is this days. He's a fan nothing more nothing less. Being a former foot soldier in Sir Alex army doesn't give him some superb wisdom over others. As Mou constantly reminded Gaz there's a huge difference between following orders and actually do the thinking.

WireMUFC

Because he knows that the fans are fecked!!! The guy asking the questions was hoping Neville was going to start whining like the rest of them, but Gary knows and sees what Ole is doing here and trying to accomplish. McKola is a tool. He's just another on the doom and gloom patrol who would rather we spent millions on another "Di Maria" while all that will do is stunt the growth of our truly exceptional talent that we have coming through right now. Amazing how everyone wants us to sign Sancho yet the only reason why he would even be an option is because City didn't give him a chance yet BVB did. How about rather than being like City and signing players at the expence of our potentionally world class youth, we actually give our youth a chance and have a team that we can truly get behind that was built the right way rather than just buying success like the other teams at the top? Personally I haven't been this excited for a season to start in ages and I think we are going to surprise a lot of people this year, especially the nay sayers that reside on this forum...
McKola isn’t one of those people at all mate. He was there to ask questions.

Dve

What a tool he is from full time devils, he sums up utd fans on social media. Embarrassing
I think that´s a big harsh. McKola makes well articulated points and Neville gives good answers. Great debate.

Amarsdd

I very much doubt that scrapping a top 4 place will be enough to keep Pogba from pushing for a deal with the best team in the world, a club btw whose an absolute guarantee they'll be competing for the CL or the title (or both). As said we really need to get off our high horse on that, we're nowhere near to a top club status at the moment.

And as Ole said, managers are judged on short term aims and long term aims. He might have the best long term plan in the world but if he doesn't make it to top 4 then he'll probably be out. This squad will struggle to make it Unfortunately Neville doesn't seem to understand that, which speaks volumes why he failed so badly in management and is now sitting at a table answering to fans instead of leading a team.
Did you see the whole thing? Neville was 50/50 on us and Arsenal to finish 4th. He knows the squad is not up there yet, but he was just being positive about the direction of the recruitment.

And I find it really weird and somewhat dishonest that people use Gary's Valencia stint as a stick to beat him with in terms of his footballing knowledge without the context. It was set up to fail for him and he still took the risk. Valencia were already in trouble, in the middle of the season, with no time for preparation at all and in a country where he doesn't know the language or the players. I don't see anyone being successful in those circumstances. Actually, I think he would have done equally well or better than what Gerrard and Lampard have done in their positions.

Last edited:

devilish

Gerrard and Lampard had succeeded as managers. They know what there is at the other side. Carra had never done that so you can excuse him for sounding a bit too idealistic at times (although he's far more realistic then Gaz is). Despite his taste in management Gaz still lives in a cuckoo land. His world is all about sticking to manager who fail to reach targets, being relaxed despite having to achieve an unrealistic 4th place with a team with a weak midfield, no quality RW and no experienced cover for Rashy etc and us winning the EPL title earlier then Liverpool will. I am sorry but the guy is genuinely deluded.No wonder why he fecked up in management.

devilish

Did you see the whole thing? Neville was 50/50 on us and Arsenal to finish 4th. He knows the squad is not up there yet, but he was just being positive about the direction of the recruitment.

And I find it really weird people use Gary's Valencia stint as a stick to beat him with in terms of his footballing knowledge. It was set up to fail for him and he still took the risk. Valencia were already in trouble, in the middle of the season, with no time for preparation at all and in a country where he doesn't know the language or the players. I don't see anyone being successful in those circumstances. Actually, I think he would have done equally well or better than what Gerrard and Lampard have done in their positions.
Its not 50/50. Arsenal, Wolves, Chelsea and Leicester has as much chance of taking top 4 as we do. Also a good manager should also know when to avoid a job as well. Sir Alex used to call the England's national team role as a poisonous chalice for example.

The guy is genuinely deluded. He lives in a cuckoo world were failed managers stick around at the club up until they finally get things right. Which is why he's so relaxed with United's under investment. He probably thinks that Ole can take it easy as United won't mind ending up outside top 4 for 1,2 even 3 years as long as he smiles, he gets all the catchy phrases right and he plays nice football. That's crazy. No wonder after failing big time in management he refuses to give it a second go. He probably knows deep down that the world is way different and meaner to the one he's living inside his bubble as pundit.

Last edited:

Dve

This is why United fans should watch Full Time Devils instead of United Stand. Adam Mckola with top questions, proper red. Goldbridge is a little weasel compared to Adam.
I like them both, to be honest. I do not always agree with Goldbridge as his arguing from time to time does not make a lot of sense, but I like his style, and he´s also man enough to admit he sometimes changes his mind. Add United peoples tv, and you have my favourite United fan based channels.

vidic blood & sand

Gary Neville is bang on. Personally i am delighted with our transfer window and if we have a good start to the season which i am very confident that we will, so will the rest of our fans and all of this crap about we should have been signing x, y and z will be forgotten.
I agree with Neville too, but the transfer window has left us short in midfield. Although we're right to not throw money at anyone, our midfield is a real concern this season. If Pogba gets injured, we've got a midfield crisis on our hands. So although it's good to see us being more responsible, we also have to recognise that the rebuild could take 3 to 4 years to where we are seriously challenging for the title. And so if the board couldn't find a midfielder for the right price and who wanted to play for us, we did the right thing not to buy them, but let's not kid ourselves, our midfield situation is concerning.

Dve

Gerrard and Lampard had succeeded as managers. They know what there is at the other side. Carra had never done that so you can excuse him for sounding a bit too idealistic at times (although he's far more realistic then Gaz is). Despite his taste in management Gaz still lives in a cuckoo land. His world is all about sticking to manager who fail to reach targets, being relaxed despite having to achieve an unrealistic 4th place with a team with a weak midfield, no quality RW and no experienced cover for Rashy etc and us winning the EPL title earlier then Liverpool will. I am sorry but the guy is genuinely deluded.No wonder why he fecked up in management.
How fortunate that we have "somebody" like you then, to sort it out.

pacifictheme

I agree fully with Neville, at least the first 5 minutes or so that I watched. This is the first season we seem like we have half an idea of the type of player we want and the style we want to play. It will take a bit of time to get right but it's better this way. Dybala was a massive bullet dodged and so are many similar players to him.
True but it shouldn't have been dybala or nothing for attack / midfield. How bad are our scouts if we couldn't find a single player better than what we have? Or that fit our glorious new philosophy? We've lost two midfielders and an attacker in the last 7 months, all of which were first team players. We've not replaced any of them.

Awb and maguire were good signings, but we're undoubtedly weaker in midfield and attack and had absolutely no intention of upgrading those areas all summer. I don't want world beaters, just a bit of ambition. Our net spend was low for a second season in a row.

gajender

Its not 50/50. Arsenal, Wolves, Chelsea and Leicester has as much chance of taking top 4 as we do. Also a good manager should also know when to avoid a job as well. Sir Alex used to call the England's national team role as a poisonous chalice for example.

The guy is genuinely deluded. He lives in a cuckoo world were failed managers stick around at the club up until they finally get things right. Which is why he's so relaxed with United's under investment. He probably thinks that Ole can take it easy as United won't mind ending up outside top 4 for 1,2 even 3 years as long as he smiles, he gets all the catchy phrases right and he plays nice football. That's crazy. No wonder after failing big time in management he refuses to give it a second go. He probably knows deep down that the world is way different and meaner to the one he's living inside his bubble as pundit.
Unless top 4 this season is obtainable within sub 65points Wolves and Leicester have very little chance of breaking in top 4 ,I would be very surprised if even one of them makes top 6 there is a lot hype without much substance around teams like Wolves , Leicester and Everton.

Sylar

Neville nailed it on Herrera. Decent enough player but no better than a lot of central midfielders out there. Genuinely think he has been the most over-rated player on this website that I have ever come across.
Which is fine but who are these players and why wasn't one brought in?

If money is available then the issue is cos we don't have CL football, they don't really want to play for us (Unless we offer bucket loads of money) or another reason (like there aren't a lot of players like that)

Herrera has been a situation United knew about before the end of last season. If we get CL football , it was a risk, but one worth taking.

However two years without CL becomes a big issue on recruitment

Amarsdd

The guy is genuinely deluded. He lives in a cuckoo world were failed managers stick around at the club up until they finally get things right. Which is why he's so relaxed with United's under investment. He probably things that Ole can take it easy as United won't mind ending up outside top 4 as long as he smiles, he gets all the catchy phrases right and he plays nice football. That's crazy. No wonder after failing big time in management he refuses to give it a second go. He knows deeps down that the world is way different to the one he's living inside his bubble as pundit.
Sorry, I only have limited posts here and am unwilling to waste it arguing with someone who's again just missing my point and now downright guessing and attacking someone's character instead of his arguments.