Gary Neville - Pundit

KingCavani

I agree with him personally.
Seriously.

We know Rangnick was in contact with the staff on Friday as we heard he was watching training.

Do people really think he couldn’t communicate something to Carrick?

Do people really think Carrick would tell him no knowing that this is his project know and that he’ll be working under Ralf?

I think it’s exactly what happened. Ralf has put the word in to try and do certain things, lets him evaluate who is effective. The team and play style is inexplicable otherwise.

Rook

He'd be such a millstone around the clubs neck if he hadn't made it so abundantly clear how little he knows.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Seriously.

We know Rangnick was in contact with the staff on Friday as we heard he was watching training.

Do people really think he couldn’t communicate something to Carrick?

Do people really think Carrick would tell him no knowing that this is his project know and that he’ll be working under Ralf?

I think it’s exactly what happened. Ralf has put the word in to try and do certain things, lets him evaluate who is effective. The team and play style is inexplicable otherwise.
Absolutely.

Chairman Steve

So is he having a go at Rangnick already? Or is he just being objectively observant? The tone of his tweets doesnt really suggest that he’s rubbishing the approach.

I find it weird he’s not involved in our TV game. He’s usually about for our big games and any big games on Sky.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
He’s going to be super-arsey about Rangnick personally and the team’s performances, isn’t he? To spend the last three years completely oblivious (at least in public) to our previous manager’s shortcomings and to suddenly adopt a position of incredible-insight-with-a-healthy-dose-of-sarcasm is particularly cnutish.

Give it a rest, eh, Gaz?

KingCavani

So is he having a go at Rangnick already? Or is he just being objectively observant? The tone of his tweets doesnt really suggest that he’s rubbishing the approach.
There is nothing nefarious in anything he said and this place is just obsessed with shitting on all he does for some bizarre reason.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Would be bizarre for a coach that has never met the players to be managing the team from a hotel.
This sounds like conspiracy bollocks.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
You’d swear Neville had done the milk round around some of your places and had a go on your missus the way you make shit up to have a go at him :lol:

lsd

The Oracle
That's our entire midfield. Who else would he select going forward before the transfer window?

It's reactive football three players that are only useful of the ball if at all.

From what I know if Rangnick he likes players on the ball passing forward.

Surely Donny would be more his style

United in sin

It's reactive football three players that are only useful of the ball if at all.

From what I know if Rangnick he likes players on the ball passing forward.

Surely Donny would be more his style
He'd still have to pair up with at least one of the others

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Interested to see if he does his podcast today

liamp

He’s going to be super-arsey about Rangnick personally and the team’s performances, isn’t he? To spend the last three years completely oblivious (at least in public) to our previous manager’s shortcomings and to suddenly adopt a position of incredible-insight-with-a-healthy-dose-of-sarcasm is particularly cnutish.

Give it a rest, eh, Gaz?
Probably, but that's not unique to Neville. Feels like United is the last bastion of running a big football club the English way and the erosion of that will lead to most English pundits having some sort of slant against Rangnick unless he immediately excels.

That being said, Neville's point here is probably right. I'd assume Rangnick has had some influence on the training during the week, the team selection and how they're playing today. He's probably using this match and the next to evaluate the abilities of this coaching staff as much as the abilities of the players.

Dante

Average bang

Give it a rest, eh, Gaz?
No, he isn't. Neville gets an erection every time he talks about Biesla. He'll love Rangnick.

Luckily, Neville is much less biased than Buchan off the internet.

Dante

Average bang
You’d swear Neville had done the milk round around some of your places and had a go on your missus the way you make shit up to have a go at him :lol:
He could be talking about the weather and there'd still be people twisting that into fitting some agenda.

Basically, any opinion from somebody on the Caf will somehow be twisted into getting undermined by Neville. It's a an incredibly stupid way to look at the world, and even weirder that anybody would want to put Neville on a pedestal in the first place.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Ralfy is on a top four bonus. Of course he's all over this six pointer.

crossy1686

career ending
Don't get the Neville hate going on in here at the moment. I didn't see him doing any punditry yesterday, probably had a few and watched the game, got a bit excited (like the rest of us) about what might happen under Rangnick and sent a few Tweet's.

Some of you forget that despite his position, he's still just a bloke who supports United and wants what's best for the team.

AndySmith1990

Don't get the Neville hate going on in here at the moment. I didn't see him doing any punditry yesterday, probably had a few and watched the game, got a bit excited (like the rest of us) about what might happen under Rangnick and sent a few Tweet's.

Some of you forget that despite his position, he's still just a bloke who supports United and wants what's best for the team.
Does he? If he had his way Moyes would still be here.

Judas

Open to offers

It's hilarious how so many on here think they genuinely love the club more than Gary Neville :lol:

lsd

The Oracle
How on earth could Rangnick pick a team when he has never even been here nor seen any of the players?

Complete stupidity by Neville

captaincantona

Gary was talking nonsense as usual

Not saying Rangnick had anything to do with anything but how is what Carrick said proof of anything at all...Rangnick has not even been announced yet...Carrick can’t confirm it post match. Also, how amateurish does that make us look if he does confirm it?

like I said...it may not be but it is realistic that Carrick has spoken to Rangnick being that the sounds around the club are that they want Carrick kept on...andto learn from the guy...so it’s not beyond the realm of possibility that Rangnick spoke to him about the setup etc. And Carrick made the right decision to start getting the lads ready for what was coming ASAP. In fact Bailey confirmed the dressing room had been told about the new manager.

To think there was no correlation at all is just as preposterous imo.