Gary Neville - Pundit

wolvored

An out of touch millionaire who pretends to know how the working class are 'suffering' and compares us workers in Britain with the slave labour in Qatar, which is as different as chalk and cheese. Absolute twat.

TheGame

An out of touch millionaire who pretends to know how the working class are 'suffering' and compares us workers in Britain with the slave labour in Qatar, which is as different as chalk and cheese. Absolute twat.
Bollocks. Gary has consistently been raising issues of this Government for a long time. He housed Covid staff in his hotels when the Government couldn’t give a feck. Perhaps you should do some fecking research before coming out with statements. I’m glad the right wing nutters and Government supporters are being triggered by his comments.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
So you don’t think it’s worth mentioning? Weird take.

cyberman

Neville would have been better off staying at home, he’s made an absolute tit of himself this summer. His stock is at an all time low. Do we need his opinion on absolutely everything these days or are we just lucky?

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Not comparing it to our country no. He also went and took the money and left it till the last day to criticise qatars slave labour.
Hate to break it to you but our country is an absolute disgrace at the moment. Well worth pointing out.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Looking at Twitter responses, I love it when politicians get upset and tell people to keep their nose out of politics. That’s not how being a voter works.

TheReligion

Abusive
Looking at Twitter responses, I love it when politicians get upset and tell people to keep their nose out of politics. That’s not how being a voter works.
Exactly. They are furious as they were when Rashford ‘stuck his nose in’ over child poverty.

Essentially anything that highlights their ineptitude to do their actual job is brilliant and often forces them to act properly.

SuperiorXI

It's such an arse backwards opinion in a democratic society. Everyone gets a vote, even pundits/footballers. Therefore everyone deserves an opinion.

TheGame

They don't like it because there were lots of viewers and they got shamed. He triggered the right people so it was good he said it. Alot more sportspeople need to be using their platforms to do this, the country is in a despicable state at the moment.

TheReligion

Abusive
They don't like it because there were lots of viewers and they got shamed. He triggered the right people so it was good he said it. Alot more sportspeople need to be using their platforms to do this, the country is in a despicable state at the moment.
Totally agree.

I find it odd some here are triggered by it

TheGame

Neville would have been better off staying at home, he’s made an absolute tit of himself this summer. His stock is at an all time low. Do we need his opinion on absolutely everything these days or are we just lucky?
I don't agree with him working for Qatari TV but he has been calling the Government out for a while now so it's nothing new. He is spot on with his comments and the fact the Government and right wing commentators are getting their knickers in a twist proves that,

TheGame

Totally agree.

Also where are all these people who get triggered by this speaking out when Tories donate millions of pounds of PPE contracts to their mates or when Politicians go on tv and brazenly lie. Perhaps they are happy with people sitting in A and E for 24 and laying on a trolley in the corridor. Fecking winds me right up.

TheGame

I like Neville but feck me these rants whilst being paid probably millions to sit in Qatar is beyond parody

He needs to shut the feck up about politics
No he doesn't. He's been calling out the Government for ages, this is nothing new. The fact less people do it, means the Government gets away with it. It's about time more people with big followings started calling them out. Also as others have mentioned, he is a voter so he can say what he wants. It's ironic the free speech brigade have now got triggered.

Herman Toothrot

I'm not the biggest fan of Gary Neville 4.0, I find him a bit insincere, it's hard to ignore the hypocrisy and, like Andy Burnham, he's a bit of a baby-kisser.

While he might not be the ideal messenger, I applaud this message and the platform he put it out on. As you say, it's pissing off the right people.

SER19

At some point soon football punditry is going to need to return to being about football. Thats not to say these guys shouldnt speak on certain issues, they can talk about what they like, but there are countless platforms to do so. Social media, newspapers, shit they can run for office if they like. But the average fan tuning in doesn't care about guys like Lineker and Neville's political leanings, and this isn't just due to Qatar issue. Just do the punditry and stop elevating yourselves to some higher status or level of influence. Again, I make this point on a broader level than Qatar issue which naturally arose during this tournament, but there's an arrogance to it really. Retired footballers and millionaires using their small time slot of prematch, midmatch and postmatch to impart their politics as if we should care to listen. Same goes for producers and their choice of pundits.

I know countless people now who just keep the volume off until the match starts, I do it myself too sometimes.

Castia

No he doesn't. He's been calling out the Government for ages, this is nothing new. The fact less people do it, means the Government gets away with it. It's about time more people with big followings started calling them out. Also as others have mentioned, he is a voter so he can say what he wants. It's ironic the free speech brigade have now got triggered.

I just find it ironic as he's the righteous one calling out everything bad whilst sat on a multi million pound tv deal in Qatar one of the worst countries for human rights on the planet

He cant have it both ways.

But the NHS! whilst thousands died building the stadium he's sat in. Give me a break.

TheGame

At some point soon football punditry is going to need to return to being about football. Thats not to say these guys shouldnt speak on certain issues, they can talk about what they like, but there are countless platforms to do so. Social media, newspapers, shit they can run for office if they like. But the average fan tuning in doesn't care about guys like Lineker and Neville's political leanings, and this isn't just due to Qatar issue. Just do the punditry and stop elevating yourselves to some higher status or level of influence. Again, I make this point on a broader level than Qatar issue which naturally arose during this tournament, but there's an arrogance to it really. Retired footballers and millionaires using their small time slot of prematch, midmatch and postmatch to impart their politics as if we should care to listen.

I know countless people now who just keep the volume off until the match starts, I do it myself too sometimes.
Linekar doesn't do in games as he can't due to BBC guidelines. ITV does not receive tax payer money, he was asked a question about worker's rights and he was correct in pointing out the hypocrisy of the UK government as their treatment of workers is abysmal. Look at all of the strike action. You might have noticed but the country is in a shit state, the cost of living, crime, NHS etc. If people with followings are taking an opportunity and using their platform to raise issues then its fine by me. No one seems to mention anything when politicians come on tv and lie through their teeth. Maybe some people just don't want to hear the truth as it hits close to home.

TheGame

I just find it ironic as he's the righteous one calling out everything bad whilst sat on a multi million pound tv deal in Qatar one of the worst countries for human rights on the planet

He cant have it both ways.

But the NHS! whilst thousands died building the stadium he's sat in. Give me a break.
During Covid he housed NHS workers free in his hotels when the Government couldn't give a feck. Yes I don't agree with his Qatar deal but it doesn't mean you just ignore all of his other points which he has been raising for a long while now.

wolvored

Bollocks. Gary has consistently been raising issues of this Government for a long time. He housed Covid staff in his hotels when the Government couldn’t give a feck. Perhaps you should do some fecking research before coming out with statements. I’m glad the right wing nutters and Government supporters are being triggered by his comments.
So comparing the rights of people with no real rights and have had loads of deaths building stadia that probably wont be used again, is the same as the people striking here rightly for more pay is an absolute piss take. There is no comparison. The living conditions are miles apart and if you cant see that then who is the nutter? Its like when the bloke who said putting migrants into hotels was similar to the concentration camps in Poland.

TheGame

So comparing the rights of people with no real rights and have had loads of deaths building stadia that probably wont be used again, is the same as the people striking here rightly for more pay is an absolute piss take. There is no comparison. The living conditions are miles apart and if you cant see that then who is the nutter? Its like when the bloke who said putting migrants into hotels was similar to the concentration camps in Poland.
He was raising awareness of the workers rights in the UK whilst also rightly criticising the workers rights in Qatar. Just because Qatar has a bad reputation for rights, it doesn’t mean the UK is immune from criticism. There are a number of people on strike because they can’t afford to live. The Tories have ran riot whilst people have shut their mouths and done nothing. Maybe if more people said something then people may take notice. Were you kicking up a fuss when billions of pounds were pissed up the wall during Covid and handed to their mates?

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
If he upsets Farage and the right wing fecktards that have been stealing money from the British people for years then it's all good in my book. Hope he continues to do it and apply more pressure on these wankers, very pundit should be doing it given the state of our country. Any pressure on them is good pressure as far as i'm concerned.

TheGame

If he upsets Farage and the right wing fecktards that have been stealing money from the British people for years then it's all good in my book. Hope he continues to do it and apply more pressure on these wankers, very pundit should be doing it given the state of our country. Any pressure on them is good pressure as far as i'm concerned.
Exactly.

wolvored

He was raising awareness of the workers rights in the UK whilst also rightly criticising the workers rights in Qatar. Just because Qatar has a bad reputation for rights, it doesn’t mean the UK is immune from criticism. There are a number of people on strike because they can’t afford to live. The Tories have ran riot whilst people have shut their mouths and done nothing. Maybe if more people said something then people may take notice. Were you kicking up a fuss when billions of pounds were pissed up the wall during Covid and handed to their mates?
I cant stand it when a serious question of rights ethics whatever you want to call it is always compared to an extreme event. Not picking on Neville per se, but the fact he compared workers here who live in luxury compared to those in Qatar as being the same and hes a millionaire who only knows the good life, to me anyway is ridiculous.

TheGame

I cant stand it when a serious question of rights ethics whatever you want to call it is always compared to an extreme event. Not picking on Neville per se, but the fact he compared workers here who live in luxury compared to those in Qatar as being the same and hes a millionaire who only knows the good life, to me anyway is ridiculous.
He is a millionaire on the back of his own work not ripping off the taxpayer. So why is that looked down upon and do his opinions matter less? The guy supported his workers and NHS workers during Covid. As I said he compared the hypocrisy of the UK when they are treating their workers like shite. I’m not sure what your version of luxury is but in case you haven’t noticed, some people can’t afford to feed themselves or heat their homes. They can’t get doctors appointments nor get into hospital to see a doctor. The country is in a sorry state so maybe direct your ire at the other millionaires who continue to rip off the UK taxpayers whilst the country suffers.

Last edited:

Flexdegea

Nah he's totally spot on.

Not sure why him generating money thru his playing career is a stick to beat him. Tory slang, total defection means he can't ever comment on anything. I'm sure he pays his taxes and doesn't spend his time avoiding them.

Flexdegea

Totally agree.

You just need to look at who it has triggered and you just know you don't even need tonl know what he has said to know it's been spot on.

Lee Anderson, farage, Lozza fox are ones I seen crying about it, and all absolute twats of the highest order. All free speech warriors until someone uses that freedom to express a opinion and they all melt down. Reality hurts

Fergies Gum

Nah he's totally spot on.

Not sure why him generating money thru his playing career is a stick to beat him. Tory slang, total defection means he can't ever comment on anything. I'm sure he pays his taxes and doesn't spend his time avoiding them.
I suggest you type into Google "Gary Neville tax arrangements" and do some research. The hypocrite is the same as the rest of them.

redcucumber

He isn't making a direct comparison FFS. He's just drawing attention to two sets of abhorrent workers rights. The fact Neville, Rashford, and Neville Southall have used their platforms to shine a light on this insidious and corrupt government can only be a good thing and I wish more people with broad social reach would do it.

redcucumber

I suggest you type into Google "Gary Neville tax arrangements" and do some research. The hypocrite is the same as the rest of them.
Why don't you post some links? I just googled it and some of the top hits were irrelevant articles from 2004.

stubie

Overdoing it now and that’s a result of being on various tv stations covering everything nowadays it seems!

Even Keane is rubbing off him now

Eplel

I'm sorry, but if you're going to put suffering in ironic quotes, then it is you who is the twat here.