Gary Neville was dead to me | Reborn as a Dragon

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Neville tried his pro Ole spin again tonight, championing ''lack of risk has been the order of the day'' at the end, like it's supposed to be a good thing when we're at home, having lost the last two matches.

A manager playing defensive football at home is okay as long as it's one of his mates?

He is never going to be objective about our performances under Ole is he? How he can watch that match and think there's any positives to take out of that is beyond me.

3KDré

Every time he is on Sky nowadays he repeats the same story: lack of recruitment. Jamie explicitly asked him who is at fault but he deflects every time. Surely if you are in a position of power and you know the Glazers and Woodward are the biggest culprits you would say it.

Heinzesight

Can't this miserable turd shut the feck up once in a while?
He’s just so inconsistent with his comments on us. Weird bloke.

Let’s hope he’s eating his words like when he slagged off McT in live commentary saying he was never a United player and wouldn’t make it. Had to publically apologise a year later.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Our recent recruitment has been decent and the team now is far more capable of doing better,I'd say.
Ole just doesn't have the stuff.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama

There's literally nothing wrong with what he said about the Ighalo transfer.

Consistently doing your transfer business at the last minute is the telltale sign of a poorly run club.

Irwin99

Absolutely nothing wrong with his comments again and I don't think he's criticising the player as he says: 'The boy may do very well. He might come in and settle in, he might score goals and do a job for the club'. It's pretty much how most people feel I would imagine as there's not a lot to lose.

He's absolutely right about the planning though. Lukaku leaving was pretty much nailed on even before the last season was over. I don't know what the difference between the amount Sporting wanted in the summer vs now but if we had got Bruno back then he'd be more settled into the team.

Ole's comment in the summer that that we didn't get another striker because it would block Greenwood's chances still looks like total BS. Did the club not factor that if one of those strikers get injured and we'd be in big trouble?

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!

Consistently doing your transfer business at the last minute is the telltale sign of a poorly run club.
Consistently doing it last minute?

DevilRed

You could say that about ALOT of clubs in this transfer window. Including barca, atletico, chelski, etc.

Its just the nature of the beast. We had an unplanned injury which caused us to scramble for a short term replacement. We did well this window considering the difficulty to do business in January.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Gaz would get way more respect if he criticise his beloved ole once in a while. He's paid to give an honest opinion not to defend mates

Deery

Dreary
I think he could of got behind the positivity around the club a the moment instead of moaning about the recruitment.
Just say yeah they’re good signings and move on.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
We had James, Martial and Periera upfront simply because his best mate ran Rashford to the ground, he played a not fully recovered Pogba against Rochdale which ended up breaking him and went on playing the most prolific no 10 in football so deep in midfield. That's bad management. Considering that he played full team against Tranmere on that dreadful pitch, he should be thanking his lucky stars that he didn't end up with more injuries.

Don't take me wrong I don't like Woodward and I hope he gets sacked soon but he isn't the one who coaches players, who is making formations and who decide whom to play or were. Also it was Ole's decision to spend 130m on 2 defenders one of which is a slight upgrade over Smalling. That was dreadful considering we started the season with no midfield. And lets stop with this 'Ole doesn't do negotiations'. You could have Gill, Marotta, Paratici, Campos, Rangnick and Sir Alex on this deal but there's no way Leicester would have allowed Maguire to go on the cheap. They might have lowered the fee to 70m but that's all. Expensive players are, well, expensive.

I think Gary is doing a huge disservice to his fans on sky. He is being paid for his honest opinion not to defend his mates at OT.

Varun

Staff

Consistently? We had to do it because Rashford got injured and we had to hit the panic button.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Absolutely nothing wrong with his comments again and I don't think he's criticising the player as he says: 'The boy may do very well. He might come in and settle in, he might score goals and do a job for the club'. It's pretty much how most people feel I would imagine as there's not a lot to lose.

He's absolutely right about the planning though. Lukaku leaving was pretty much nailed on even before the last season was over. I don't know what the difference between the amount Sporting wanted in the summer vs now but if we had got Bruno back then he'd be more settled into the team.

Ole's comment in the summer that that we didn't get another striker because it would block Greenwood's chances still looks like total BS. Did the club not factor that if one of those strikers get injured and we'd be in big trouble?
and then ole persists in picking martial ahead of greenwood anyway. he is deluded

Fluctuation0161

You could say that about ALOT of clubs in this transfer window. Including barca, atletico, chelski, etc.

Its just the nature of the beast. We had an unplanned injury which caused us to scramble for a short term replacement. We did well this window considering the difficulty to do business in January.
Lukaku left many months ago. A replacement should've been brought in ages ago!

bucky

Consistently? We had to do it because Rashford got injured and we had to hit the panic button.
We've wanted to bring in a striker since it was clear that Lukaku wanted to leave though. Which we've probably known for almost a year.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Yes I think consistently is the right word.

Summer 2013: Herrera (failed), Fellaini
Summer 2014: Falcao
Summer 2015: Martial
Summer 2016-2017: Nobody I can remember. We seemed to have gotten our shit together during the early Mourinho era.
Summer 2018: Maguire/Boateng (both failed)
Summer 2019: Mandzukic/Dybala (both failed)

DevilRed

Lukaku left many months ago. A replacement should've been brought in ages ago!
Couldn't agree more. What we don't know is if it was OGS decision not to bring anyone in during the summer, or simply because Ed and the Glazers thought we had maxed out our summer budget.

At least we tried for haaland though. If it wasn't for that fat feck of an agent I'm 100% certain we would have him.

Alabaster Codify7

He seems to know what makes a Man United player, but he also seems to think it's fine for a Man United manager to play for a 0-0 draw at home to Wolves and be content with it.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He seems to know what makes a Man United player, but he also seems to think it's fine for a Man United manager to play for a 0-0 draw at home to Wolves and be content with it.
People take what he says way too seriously. For him, the problem is always with the owners and the recruitment. Coaching a group of footballers into performing better, developing a football system/players to improving etc never bears any weight. Presumably so he doesn't have to bother with difficult questions such as the mangers accountability. Basically he speaks pretty well but everytime I watch him discuss our issued Carragher corners him and he skirts around his concerns becuase he simply doesn't have answers or doesn't wish to go there.

Alabaster Codify7

People take what he says way too seriously. For him, the problem is always with the owners and the recruitment. Coaching a group of footballers into performing better, developing a football system/players to improving etc never bears any weight. Presumably so he doesn't have to bother with difficult questions such as the mangers accountability. Basically he speaks pretty well but everytime I watch him discuss our issued Carragher corners him and he skirts around his concerns becuase he simply doesn't have answers or doesn't wish to go there.

Exactly, his opinions mean nothing to me anymore because he isn't telling the truth and I don't like listening to liars. Every single time Carragher brings up the manager and how shite of a job he's doing, you only need to study Gary's body language and nervousness when he's stuttering and trying to swerve the question - he's panicky because he's trying to avoid giving his true opinion on Ole. He's misleading the fans and deflecting attention from his mate and it's extremely transparent to watch.

Lee565

But isnt ighalo at United Solskjear's fault, there were better options out there for cheap but messed about until the last minute because he was trying to get the likes of king to United when we probably could have got chicarito on loan or Ibrahimovic, both better than ighalo.

RonaldoVII

Did Neville lose his shit today when Gundogan took the penalty off Aguero, despite Aguero scoring his last 9 pens? When it was Rashford and Pogba the whole media threw a fit which lasted a week

Ludens the Red

Yep, when it comes to United that’s all that matters, coaching doesn’t count at United . But he’ll wax lyrical about how well Pep coaches certain players. I remember he did a really detailed piece on Sterling and put it all down to Guardiola’s coaching. Did the same with Klopp and Salah/Mane.
I still like the guy cos I know he’s hurting like the rest of us but he’s become a parody.

Fluctuation0161

Couldn't agree more. What we don't know is if it was OGS decision not to bring anyone in during the summer, or simply because Ed and the Glazers thought we had maxed out our summer budget.

At least we tried for haaland though. If it wasn't for that fat feck of an agent I'm 100% certain we would have him.
Ighalo demonstrates further proof that it was not Ole's choice to not replace lukaku.

Irwin99

Ole said in the summer that we didn't want to sign a back up striker as it would block Mason's progress to the first team. The sheer idiocy of this statement suggests he was banking on Rashford and Martial to remain injury free all season (which doesn't happen if you play them all the time and especially play them when they're injured)

Ed is one of the major reasons we are where we are at the moment. I do think Ole isn't blameless though. Far from it.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Gary Neville is dead. Long live Gary Neville.