Gary Neville

Tyrion

This was genuinely embarassing, Carragher is trying to get him to say what needs to be said but he's throwing out everything else instead as being the problem rather than just saying there needs to be a change
Yeah when Carragher said "Change what?" it was obvious what he meant.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Whoever we get next I hope they have zero relationship with him and I hope they put him in his place when he eventually does kick off against him.

RUCK4444

Even if he wanted Ole to go and that’s the right opinion he shouldn’t be putting pressure on the situation either way and that’s what he’s trying to avoid.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
He can't possibly really think Ole deserves to stay after this start to the season and then a home 5-0 defeat?!

How could it get worse? Just more defeats in a row I suppose.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
He can't possibly really think Ole deserves to stay after this start to the season and then a home 5-0 defeat?!

How could it get worse? Just more defeats in a row I suppose.
He doesn’t have to say he needs sacking. It makes zero difference. He’s made it clear he’s never going to call for a United manager to be sacked so stop hoping for it.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
He portrays himself as someone who can think clearly with no affilations and only has the good of the club/league in mind.

Yet, he's so obviously biased towards Ole.

Godfather

For a dumb ex footballer he sure tries to act clever. His stance on Ole of course is pure crap and idiocy

kps88

He doesn’t have to say he needs sacking. It makes zero difference. He’s made it clear he’s never going to call for a United manager to be sacked so stop hoping for it.
Yeah I'm not sure why this bothers everyone so much. As if the club will only act once Gary Neville turns on him.

Reading between the lines, it's pretty clear he thinks he should go but he's not going to stick the knife into a friend on national television.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
How can he be a pro pundit, and not say the obvious though?
It's so very obvious, that he's just conning everyone not saying it.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
How can he be a pro pundit, and not say the obvious though?
It's so very obvious, that he's just conning everyone not saying it.
Being a pundit is more complex than being an objective journalist. He doesn’t need to say it. He’s not commenting on politics. Look at how Souness acts, or Carragher. Just accept he’s got some United mates which will come with its own benefits at times. When we are losing you’re not going to see those benefits.

Widow

The need from people for Neville/Rio to speak out amazes me. It make zero difference.

Everyone knows he needs to go. We don't need them to approve it

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
In all truth, it's all semantics. He has basically said he needs to go without saying it. If you take all his comments about what needs changing, any reasonable person would say for those things to change, the coach has to change.

tomaldinho1

Sounness bang on re positional play.
G Nev just squirming round directly calling it out. He’s an absolute idiot saying Greenwood and Rashford can’t press.

JG3001

Whilst he doesn’t have to actively call for his sacking, it’s embarrassing that when he gets pressed on the manager, he always says he should get more time.

The pundits on BeinSports were as blunt as necessary, he needs to seriously consider resigning.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
The need from people for Neville/Rio to speak out amazes me. It make zero difference.

Everyone knows he needs to go. We don't need them to approve it
Exactly. Rio and Neville would be massively less effective pundits if they burnt their bridges. Just look elsewhere when things get tough, they have zero influence.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Definitely defends his pals.

I like him though in general as a pundit. Carra to an extent too, but he is sometimes far too bias toward Liverpool. Every Lpool players best attribute, they're the best in the world at.

ie. "TAA is a terrific crosser, best in world football" "VVD is a very good passer of a ball, best in world football for me" many more examples, but you get the gist

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Neville knows Ole has to go IMO, and you can bet your last dollar if Conte got the job he wouldn't complain that OGS should have stayed and been given time. He'll be all aboard the Conte train

Trequarista10

I don't know what broadcast you were all watching, Neville was damning of our tactics and setup today.

tjb

Neville is correct in calling out our players and their pathetic 'press'
The pathetic press is a symptom. I'm sorry but we have never pressured well with Ole. How many times do you see Bruno running like a madman, all for him to simply get bypassed. Fred is a pressing monster, its the only thing he even does. Cavani and Rashford have always give so much, in fact Rashford running himself to the group might be responsible for some of his injuries. Yet despite all that, people haven't yet come to the realization that simply pressing doesn't do anything, but the organization behind a press matters just as much.

Josh 76

Sounness bang on re positional play.
G Nev just squirming round directly calling it out. He’s an absolute idiot saying Greenwood and Rashford can’t press.
Neville hasn’t a clue. Every player can press if instructed to do so. To say a player can’t press is saying a player cant do the basics in football.

VivaJesperBlomqvist

You lot are fecking ridiculous. He has criticised Ole several times tonight. You’re more interested in creating sensational narratives.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Neville hasn’t a clue. Every player can press if instructed to do so. To say a player can’t press is saying a player cant do the basics in football.
I don’t agree. I think he made a good point, Ronaldo isn’t going to press like Salah etc.

Neville’s absolutely right what he’s saying.

Righteous Steps

No they can’t, and Klopp and his back room team know this which is why they only target a certain type of player