Gary Neville was dead to me | Reborn as a Dragon

I'm a beautiful thing

I like Keano and Micah Richards, I know I shouldn't but he doesn't seem to take himself too seriously, don't like any of the others

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
He's so boring to listen to. Same complaints over and over.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Might be wrong but to me, sounds like he's hinting at Ronaldo. Any player that feels intimidated by Ronaldo's desire, work ethic and demands to win should not be playing for Manchester United.
And I am speaking as someone who didn’t want us to sign him and feel it is best he leaves this summer.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
Might be wrong but to me, sounds like he's hinting at Ronaldo. Any player that feels intimidated by Ronaldo's desire, work ethic and demands to win should not be playing for Manchester United.
And I am speaking as someone who didn’t want us to sign him and feel it is best he leaves this summer.
What was he hinting at?

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Nooooo, you don't say

arnie_ni

Youre wrong. He's absolutely singing his praises

Zoo

Snide prick. How dare Matic shake hands with the staff. How dare does Rangnick bring on Jones and Cavani.

arnie_ni

Snide prick. How dare Matic shake hands with the staff. How dare does Rangnick bring on Jones and Cavani.
Eh? He didn't say anything wrong, he made a joke about a testimonial or something, Jesus

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Eh? He didn't say anything wrong, he made a joke about a testimonial or something, Jesus
I know, right. He made a harmless joke about the game having the atmosphere of a testimonial and he was right too.

Dominos

Neville (and Carragher and Keane for that matter) back to talking in riddles again there. They're all sat there wanting to blame Ronaldo for this season but none of them have the balls to say it (just like for years Neville wouldn't acknowledge the Glazers being shit owners)
The issue with the theory that signing Ronaldo ruined our season, is you have to subscribe to the idea that if we hadn't signed Ronaldo, we'd be sitting pretty in top 4 right now, maybe not that far behind City/Liverpool, Ole still in a job and still "making progress", players happy with the situation. I don't actually believe anyone truly believes that would be the case, they may pretend they believe that because they want to justify their view that signing Ronaldo has ruined our season.

I think most likely this meltdown season was coming no matter. We eventually paid the price for appointing a manager who was not up to the job, too many poor signings, poor coaching staff (according to the players), poor squad management allowing the squad to get too bloated so some were given no game time.

Foxbatt

He is a twit. He criticized United for employing Ralf as a consultant. He doesn't know what Ralf's terms of reference is. Probably doesn't know what a consultant is supposed to do.
This is what happens when these ex players get into territories where they don't have any idea as to what is going on. It makes them stupid.

Red Star One

Attention seeking weapon and his allegiance is money and fame, not United. I’m just tired of seeing his face, tweets and reactions at this point.

Loon

:lol:
So odd people are angry, as I see the point both he and Carragher are making. Obviously, folk here are hoping Carragher is right and United get top four comfortably next season, as a clear indicator of progression, but ten Hag may ultimately end up being the Houllier or Benitez nearly man as opposed to the Ferguson/Wenger domination breaker.

cyberman

So odd people are angry, as I see the point both he and Carragher are making. Obviously, folk here are hoping Carragher is right and United get top four comfortably next season, as a clear indicator of progression, but ten Hag may ultimately end up being the Houllier or Benitez nearly man as opposed to the Ferguson/Wenger domination breaker.
I think Gary is more realistic. I honestly believe this side is easily top 4 if we had an actual manager in charge this year instead of Ole and a football director so any sort of organisation should see us top 4. That's not really a sign of progression nor any sort of managerial wonder

Loon

:lol:
I think Gary is more realistic. I honestly believe this side is easily top 4 if we had an actual manager in charge this year instead of Ole and a football director so any sort of organisation should see us top 4. That's not really a sign of progression nor any sort of managerial wonder
No, fair point. I guess how convincingly we achieve that finish, and the quality of football employed to achieve it, might.

Marwood

Remember Gary isn't all that when it comes to predictions.

Didn't he say we'd win the title with Kane, Sancho and Varane?

We pretty much did the above signings but now we're all but doomed?

It's just his way, he has a thought and goes all in.

RedDevil@84

He is so convinced about the shit he spouts that he can become a politician.

FujiVice

Klopp had a much harder job than Ten Hag does. Liverpool are massively punching due to how good the manager is and his decision making in the transfer market. Ten Hag has got way more resources at his disposal.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Klopp had a much harder job than Ten Hag does. Liverpool are massively punching due to how good the manager is and his decision making in the transfer market. Ten Hag has got way more resources at his disposal.
This is obvious for most people who think about it.

jakko

Supports
Chelsea

No he didn’t think you would win the league after making those signings.

Marwood

No he didn’t think you would win the league after making those signings.
He very much tweeted "Kane, Varane and Sancho = title"

Now obviously we got Ronaldo instead of Kane but that's not much of a difference really.

Everyone gets predictions wrong but Gary has gone from that to complete doom within a season.

He's not exactly measured in his opinions. It's all or nothing and said with a certainty that exceeds his capabilities.