Gary Neville

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Revels in it? He’s just fuming at them and sick of it, like many of us are. State of these posts.

Ekeke

What did he say? I'm not watching the Sky Sports broadcast. Assuming he said the players are fecking shit?
And that he doesnt enjoy anything about this team, that we play poor stuff, that huddersfield are more entertaining to watch, that the squad reminds him of the squad Spurs had when Pocchetino came in and changed the team piece by piece. That we should get rid of every part of the team and start over.

As bitter and moaning as the worst posters on here and giving none of the players who do try most of the time and do well most of the time no credit and suggesting its not worth keeping the few best players and using a scorched earth approach.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
I'd like to ask why our players actually put in effort during the first 10 or so games? It's bemusing to think they'd try then and not try now.

Zoo

He’s always making excuses for Rashford too.

hobbers

And that he doesnt enjoy anything about this team, that we play poor stuff, that huddersfield are more entertaining to watch, that the squad reminds him of the squad Spurs had when Pocchetino came in and changed the team piece by piece. That we should get rid of every part of the team and start over.

As bitter and moaning as the worst posters on here and giving none of the players who do try most of the time and do well most of the time no credit and suggesting its not worth keeping the few best players and using a scorched earth approach.
So you think he shouldn't be a realist?

What players have tried most of the time and done well most of the time this season and are getting stick? Feck me.

Ekeke

Revels in it? He’s just fuming at the state of the club, like many of us are. State of some of you
He sounds like a child playing football manager, selling everyone who is nearly 30 years old.

Its particularly weird coming from someone who tried his hand at management and did far worse than Ole with these players when he was at Valencia. Sadly I watched his team and he embarrassed himself.

Ekeke

So you think he shouldn't be a realist?

What players have tried most of the time and done well most of the time this season? Feck me.
Thats not a realist, thats a game of football manager. Name me 1 club that got rid of the entire squad and started over and did well

Ander, Shaw, Pogba. Maybe Smalling and Lindelof

Its only 4 or 5 players but they've been good enough over the season to be involved in the squad next season, not fired.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
He sounds like a child playing football manager, selling everyone who is nearly 30 years old.

Its particularly weird coming from someone who tried his hand at management and did far worse than Ole with these players when he was at Valencia. Sadly I watched his team and he embarrassed himself.
He sounds passionate and tired of us. No one’s looking to him for the answers. You take that part with a pinch of salt, and “sell the lot of them” is a regular fan exaggeration.

hobbers

Thats not a realist, thats a game of football manager.

Ander, Shaw, Pogba. Maybe Smalling and Lindelof

Its only 4 or 5 players but they've been good enough over the season to be involved in the squad next season, not fired.
No ones been suggesting that Shaw or Lindelof should be fired.

Ander is leaving for money and Pogba's head is clearly elsewhere as well. In a sane world Smalling would end up our fourth choice CB.

stepic

I can’t believe anyone watching this shitshow of a performance is actually being critical of Neville. it beggars belief

Ekeke

He sounds passionate and tired of us. No one’s looking to him for the answers. You take that part with a pinch of salt, and “sell the lot of them” is a regular fan exaggeration.
Then why is a hysterical childish fan being paid to commentate our matches? Honestly its far more annoying listening to him than watching us play. We've had a few moments which were decent today especially right before they scored. Neville has had no good moments today. He sounds like he's about to hurt himself after the match

Ekeke

No ones been suggesting that Shaw or Lindelof should be fired.

Ander is leaving for money and Pogba's head is clearly elsewhere as well. In a sane world Smalling would end up our fourth choice CB.
Neville is saying none of the squad is worth keeping, that we should start over. So if you think Gary Neville is no one, then I guess you're right. But its weird we have a thread about no one and that you're posting in it

hobbers

Neville is saying none of the squad is worth keeping, that we should start over. So if you think Gary Neville is no one, then I guess you're right. But its weird we have a thread about no one and that you're posting in it
There's this thing called hyperbole.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
To be fair, it's not his job as a commentator to criticise a club or the players. He's there to commentate on the game. As a pundit, he can feel free to go to town on them but when he's commentating during a game he should keep it to himself.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Oh yeah, I added a second post. If he's going to have a go, you may as well just take down the entire shambolic club. The players aren't as a big as a problem as people like to think.
If you look at our players, we arent any better than any of the other top 6. Not too much between United and Arsenal, Chelsea have other problems that drag them down but have the outstanding player in the league in Hazard so that helps them. In terms of players at our disposal, where we are in the league is pretty much right. Very little separating 3rd to 6th. There are other problems but when we're basically right where you would expect us to be based on what we have, then the blame lies elsewhere. Whoever was involved in building the squad like this with these players, Mourinho, Woodward, etc, it's on them.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
He may have played a part in Mourinho staying here longer than he should have earlier in the season.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Then why is a hysterical childish fan being paid to commentate our matches? Honestly its far more annoying listening to him than watching us play. We've had a few moments which were decent today especially right before they scored. Neville has had no good moments today. He sounds like he's about to hurt himself after the match
They’re there to give their opinion. Not 100% facts bereft of personality. You don’t have to agree with everything either. He’s not even saying anything outlandish. Every bit was true other than the obvious exaggeration.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
He may have played a part in Mourinho staying here longer than he should have earlier in the season.
That’s by the by and still not his fault. I disagreed with a lot he said then, but I don’t have to hate him because of it. People seem to forget that.

Ekeke

That’s by the by and still not his fault. I disagreed with a lot he said then, but I don’t have to hate him because of it. People seem to forget that.
He sounds like he hates this team because Mourinho is no longer there. As soon as Mourinho went he was fully blaming the players. Quietened down when we were playing well under Ole for a bunch of games and getting some good results. And now he's talking like these arent those same players who were doing well for a bit.

Ekeke

They’re there to give their opinion. Not 100% facts bereft of personality. You don’t have to agree with everything either. He’s not even saying anything outlandish. Every bit was true other than the obvious exaggeration.
So it wasnt true at all and he had toxic things to say that are disrespectful to the players that have tried hard this season and have mostly done well and deserve to be at the club next year

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
He sounds like he hates this team because Mourinho is no longer there. As soon as Mourinho went he was fully blaming the players. Quietened down when we were playing well under Ole for a bunch of games and getting some good results. And now he's talking like these arent those same players who were doing well for a bit.
Opinions can change. And obviously you’re not going to call all the players shit when they’re doing well. There’d be even more in here calling for his head if he did that.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
So it wasnt true at all and he had toxic things to say that are disrespectful to the players that have tried hard this season and have mostly done well and deserve to be at the club next year
There’s far too many players that have been disrespectful to all the fans for me to worry about whether Nevilles’s comments hurts the feelings of one or two to be honest. If anything those players should agree with him about their teammates.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
That's the problem. He's got a job and he's supposed to be impartial and commentating on the game objectively
He’s not though. Why do people think that’s the job? He’s a guest commentator and a pundit. They don’t have to be impartial.

crossy1686

career ending
That's the problem. He's got a job and he's supposed to be impartial and commentating on the game objectively
No he's not supposed to be impartial, he's supposed to give his opinion and analysis on the game he's watching. He can be as partial as he likes. If you think commentators and pundits have been impartial before now you're mistaken, we just see and hear it now more often thanks to social media.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
We don't know what he's hearing from within the club. He obviously knows stuff that isn't common knowledge outside the club.
We don't need to know that to see hes making excuses for the English lad.

Ekeke

There’s far too many players that have been disrespectful to all the fans for me to worry about whether Nevilles’s comments hurts the feelings of one or two to be honest. If anything those players should agree with him about their teammates.
He's not talking about their teammates. He's including them.

And that doesnt help fan perception when someone who is supposed to be professional is being completely unrealistic.

Dan_F

Sky clearly don’t want this. Basically every Liverpool game has Carragher and us Nev at the moment.

OlesWheel

He’s been spot on with his analysis of the team. Completely spineless.

hobbers

Neville is supposed to be totally impartial working alongside Souness, Carragher et al?

Er, no.

Ekeke

No he's not supposed to be impartial, he's supposed to give his opinion and analysis on the game he's watching. He can be as partial as he likes. If you think commentators and pundits have been impartial before now you're mistaken, we just see and hear it now more often thanks to social media.
He isnt just giving his opinion on the match he's watching, he's saying to scrap this entire squad of players. Thats nothing to do with this match