Gary Neville was dead to me | Reborn as a Dragon

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I think gaz will only be happy when we have a team made up of him/his brother/jlingz clones ie local players with loads of heart but with so little talent to match

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Jesus christ talk about sensationalism. Pogba missed a pen, Ole and united will sort it out, there isn't some sort of massive conspiracy here Gary ffs.

"THERE'S SOMETHING WRONG. ITS JUST NOT RIGHT" - Neville :rolleyes:
Neville acting like an ignorant moron has become quite frequent.

Want to create drama out of nothing. As if missing penalty should be recipe for drawing drama.

AshRK

Honest question. Would he have overreacted the same way had rashford or lingard missed the pen? I seriously doubt. He loves to criticize pogba.

Oggmonster

The fact that Neville's go to response was to call Pogba selfish says it all though. It's hardly news though, we all know most ex players don't like Pogba for his public persona
Maybe it's not his public persona? I don't like Pogba and pay no attention to his public persona. I think for the amount of money he cost he doesn't have a big enough impact on the game and constantly tries the wrong stiff at the wrong time and it's hugely frustrating. Maybe Neville thinks the same and wants more from a 90 million pound player?

Again it seems people have decided a narrative on Neville's punditry more than he has of Pogba or whoever. They've got 2 hours of television to fill and that's without the game. In that time is there going to be some daft comments? Probably yeah.

I honestly don't get how people who seemingly don't like Neville watch MNF, he's basically the main person on it, everyone knows what time kick off is so just put it on then and turn off at full time it doesn't seem healthy to watch something that annoys you.

AshRK

Has he even mentioned Lingard's howler at all yet? Went to get a cuppa and came back to him still raging about Pogba.
He will not. And the sad (or funny) part is he totally remembers lingard had a horrible game but he will not mention it.

Josep Dowling

Usually agree with Neville but he clearly has an issue with Pogba. Pogba didn’t do anything wrong to take the penalty. Usual thing, if he scores nothing would have been said, just like last week.

My only issue in the whole thing is why Pogba is designated the penalty taker when his record is total shite. How can you miss 1 in 3. It’s a free shot from 12 yards.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
I think gaz will only be happy when we have a team made up of him/his brother/jlingz clones ie local players with loads of heart but with so little talent to match
Don't ever compare the Neville brothers to Lingard again.

M Bison

Supports
York City
He's absolutely bang on with what he's saying - what do people actually have an issue with? It was ridiculous the penalty thing and he's rightly called it out!!

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
They played well tonight. Great attitude, really unlucky not to win away to Wolves which is a game fecking nobody wins.

Gary's spent 10 minutes acting like the club is a mess over a missed penalty. "Something's not right, something's not right"

fecking idiot.
Even stranger when you consider 2 weeks ago he was he was playing down a United slump and said it was part of a cycle.

Dobba

He's absolutely bang on with what he's saying - what do people actually have an issue with? It was ridiculous the penalty thing and he's rightly called it out!!
He's bang on about Pogba being selfish and taking the penalty off Rashford, despite Rashford explaining the penalty taker situation on Sky Sports - whilst Neville worked for it, eight days ago?

saivet

He started of his rant saying "typical Pogba, so seflish". While I agree that we should have one penalty taker but he just came out angry for no reason. It was also said by Rashford last week that there isn't one designated penalty taker.

UncleBob

He's clearly not.
There's no argument, and as Rashford explained last weekend whoever gets the penalty has dibs on it. It's just Neville, yet again, being an absolute bellend where he decides to create drama when there's feck all need for it. If he had half a functioning brain, he'd calm things down and be rational about it. Instead it gets more attention in the media since it's coming from a former United player.

Someone needs to tell him to get bent

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
‘Act of treachery’. Feck off. Did he say Rashford was treasonous when he stepped up last week, given Pogba took them all last season.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Don't ever compare the Neville brothers to Lingard again.
They are of the same type, loads of heart and little talent to match. The Nevilles were lucky to be fullbacks in a star studded team who won alot. In the current team they'll probably won't be of much help especially Phil who was a penalty waiting to happen

Gaz will get his wish and Pogba will feck off to Real or back to Juve one day. However while he will get trophies I very much doubt United will be able to find an adequate replacement for him let alone be better off

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He’s become more annoying over the years. Prefer Carragher tbh.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
He should have the balls to call out OGS then because he's supposed to be the boss
He's never going to call his mate out so he has to find somebody to blame when things don't go right so that person is Pogba. Nobody will challenge him on it though because all the rest of the pundits on Sky dislike Pogba as well and wait for any opportunity to stick the boot in.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
How is this sparking such a huge fecking debate on Sky?? Neville stirring the pot massively, insinuating that Ole is protecting Pogba. What the actual feck this is bizarre :lol:

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Pogba had no right putting his name forward for the penalty given his poor record taking them. Rashford on the other hand has an unblemished 4 out of 4 record.

Pogba should never have taken the penalty. Rashford needs to grow a pair and demand he takes the from now on.

Dan_F

Treachery...fecking hell what an absolute clown. Just basically admitted that he completely over reacted for no reason.

Edit. Wait no Ole is lying.

Baxter

‘Act of treachery’. Feck off. Did he say Rashford was treasonous when he stepped up last week, given Pogba took them all last season.
Bang out of order and OGS should let him know.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Where is this emotion for the Glazers Neville? Oh i forgot you have Hotel Football to think about. Complete prick and a sly one too.

GeorgieBoy

Neville really doesn't help himself.
I actually tend to enjoy listening to him and agree with a lot of what he has to say.
But his diatribe about Pogba tonight just sensationalises things and creates drama out of nowhere; entrenching non-existent problems even further.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
They are of the same type, loads of heart and little talent to match. The Nevilles were lucky to be fullbacks in a star studded team who won alot. In the current team they'll probably won't be of much help especially Phil who was a penalty waiting to happen

Gaz will get his wish and Pogba will feck off to Real or back to Juve one day. However while he will get trophies I very much doubt United will be able to find an adequate replacement for him let alone be better off
What a load of nonsense and I can't be bothered getting into it because it's clear to everybody on this forum that you have some weird agenda against them. Gary Neville was one of the best right backs around in his day and he was part of some the greatest sides we've seen at United. That's all that has to be said.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
They have though? They said two or three times they have to tell Pogba not to take penalties
I don't think he did it directly. You can be sure if that was any other manager, Neville would have been more direct.
He's never going to call his mate out so he has to find somebody to blame when things don't go right so that person is Pogba. Nobody will challenge him on it though because all the rest of the pundits on Sky dislike Pogba as well and wait for any opportunity to stick the boot in.
I felt the same thing. This is such an easy situation for OGS to deal with anyway.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Sky have done 20 minutes about some conspiracy theory now. All the interviews, all the analysis. Because we missed a pen. Actually, because POGBA missed a pen.

DRM

Wow what a grade A prick. I hope Ole hears this and tells him to feck off

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Gaz is a tv professional. They say stuff for effect, and it gets the internet melting down!

A few months ago he said we were in massive crisis. The other day saying we're not far away and we'd win a title before Liverpool.
You also get the feeling he'd still be backing Moyes if he was still here and hadn't got us above 6th.

Don't get too hung up on him. He's just some guy looking for ratings.