Gary Neville was dead to me | Reborn as a Dragon

alsabi

I don't know how many people have been following this on Twitter but Gary appears to have become quite the lockdown/restrictions sceptic on Covid:

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Think sky need to seriously start considering putting him and carragher back in the studio. Listening to those two and the likes of Macca on BT really takes you out of the game. Whatever happened to commentators who just called the game with no agenda. Everything is centred around generating talking points and controversy and narratives.

Bring back the likes of Ally McCoist and Clive Tylesly. Commentators who just genuinely enjoy football and call the game. Do we really need to hear analysis all during the game. Save it for the studio.
Couldn’t agree more with this, Neville and Carragher try to become the central attraction.

I quite like McManaman for some reason. He’s oddly reassuring.

hubbuh

I don't know how many people have been following this on Twitter but Gary appears to have become quite the lockdown/restrictions sceptic on Covid:
I'd imagine that's a jab at the political decision to allow London to open up to protect jobs/the hospitality industry despite spiralling rates.

Stig

JYMUFC20 is absolutely incorrect. There should be no co-mingling of ex-players between rival clubs especially Manchester United.

I still don't understand how United gave that chap Busby a job, him having played for Liverpool and City. What where the club thinking back then ?

Basically if the government want to shut businesses down they need to provide financial support. just look what France and Germany are doing to help business there. No reason why the UK can't do that. Uk government had gone from saying it will do whatever it takes to save business to saying screw you all and the whole country can have another decade of austerity.

Neville will be losing millions this year. While people in the world have much bigger problems, you can't expect hin and other to sit back and say nothing

Bojan11

Trying to make out Martial dived for the pen before actually watching the replay

And no idea what he was going on about the James pen incident. That was a blatant pen.

arnie_ni

Trying to make out Martial dived for the pen before actually watching the replay

And no idea what he was going on about the James pen incident. That was a blatant pen.
I didn't think James' was a pen. Looked like play on for me

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Just can’t stand him being involved in our games, in any capacity. He talks so much shite, and does an overdone hatchet job on us every single match. Even when we win games, he’s spent the entire game laying into us, and any praise seems grudging like ‘I suppose I have to give them some credit’ (you know, given they won the fecking football match and all).

Today it was all ‘Leeds will still fancy this’ and ‘I don’t trust these players, they always give you a chance’.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Really don’t understand the grief he gets on here, very rarely does he say something outlandish and he manages to stay unbiased and balanced even on days like today when he must have been jumping for joy inside.

Our fans nitpick everything he says looking for something wrong in his commentary, it’s weird.

I also like the odd reference to his playing days and talking him talking today about his assist for a keane goal vs Leeds which he never got thanked for!

dal

Irrational behaviour in this thread. Some people need to get laid.

Godfather

He's a pain in the arse. Although I don't agree with James. Blatant pen it was not

M Bison

Supports
York City
Just can’t stand him being involved in our games, in any capacity. He talks so much shite, and does an overdone hatchet job on us every single match. Even when we win games, he’s spent the entire game laying into us, and any praise seems grudging like ‘I suppose I have to give them some credit’ (you know, given they won the fecking football match and all).

Today it was all ‘Leeds will still fancy this’ and ‘I don’t trust these players, they always give you a chance’.
I really don’t hear these comments when I watch, possibly because i often find myself agreeing with him. I specifically don’t remember any instances when he laid into the team today?

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Got tired of him brown nosing Leeds

They conceded 6, I don't care how brave they are!
If it was us conceding a third of what Leeds did today, he'd have been calling us a disgrace, such is his favorite word to call other people.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I really don’t hear these comments when I watch, possibly because i often find myself agreeing with him. I specifically don’t remember any instances when he laid into the team today?
He found it difficult to actually give us any praise today. We won 6-2 and he praised Leeds far more. He also spent the entire game predicting some sort of Leeds comeback.

lsd

The Oracle

Im not surprised at all. He is a complete prick

M Bison

Supports
York City
He found it difficult to actually give us any praise today. We won 6-2 and he praised Leeds far more. He also spent the entire game predicting some sort of Leeds comeback.
You said he’d laid into the team though, that sounds fairly anecdotal.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Couldn’t agree more with this, Neville and Carragher try to become the central attraction.

I quite like McManaman for some reason. He’s oddly reassuring.
Yeah people can't see through the Liverpool player bit.
But I never find him biased or any sort of problem.

VivaObertan

Transfer Voyeur
He's a moron isn't he? 6 goals, an excellent game plan and could've on another day sent the score into double figures. But no, brave Leeds. What a joy to watch!

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
You said he’d laid into the team though, that sounds fairly anecdotal.
This wasn’t his first game with us. He lays into us every game. He was still bringing up his hyperbole today from last week today where he couldn’t get past how we only played a draw with City.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Gary Neville has been brainwashed by his colleagues. The man who once was rescued by Roy Keane is long gone.

Withnail

Got tired of him brown nosing Leeds

They conceded 6, I don't care how brave they are!
He's a moron isn't he? 6 goals, an excellent game plan and could've on another day sent the score into double figures. But no, brave Leeds. What a joy to watch!

It's ridiculous. He has nothing bad to say about a team who leave a massive hole in the middle of the pitch and have conceded 30 goals in 14 games.

Stig

I'm a fan of Gary Neville, from his playing days - not brilliant but dedicated and committed; to his commentary and particularly his autobiography that I thought was very self effacing.

But generating headlines like this, even if it is the DailyMail are not helpful.

Manchester United have a 'problem' with their Carabao Cup failure potentially piling pressure on trophy-less Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, says Gary Neville... as he suggests defeat at Liverpool next weekend could turn things against him all over again

They are not helpful to his friend Ole, to the team, to the players individually or to the club.

Gary if you don't have anything positive to say about United, talk about something else or shut up please - you are just stirring the pot and you don't need the money for a headline everyday..