Gary Neville was dead to me | Reborn as a Dragon

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Bizzare views. Insinuating that Liverpool should throw CL and concentrate on the league. Also mentioned that he's worried about fixture pile up for United since we got through to the quarterfinals.

You'd think he started following football yesterday.
:houllier:

The Firestarter

Bizzare views. Insinuating that Liverpool should throw CL and concentrate on the league. Also mentioned that he's worried about fixture pile up for United since we got through to the quarterfinals.

You'd think he started following yesterday.
He is not all there it seems.

Robbie Boy

He talks nonsense these days. It’s a shame as he started out well as a pundit /commentator.

Djemba-Djemba

You'd think he started following yesterday.
Comes to something when Carragher seems to consistently speak more sense about Utd than Neville does.

What does Gary think we should do? Throw the 1/4 finals to make sure we qualify for next year?

astracrazy

You would think he has never played for Man Utd before.

Was that his attitude and thought process in 1999? Thought not. Show some faith....

This is what man utd is about, big games week in week out going for all trophies

steakpie

I don't mind him, he speaks his heart but my god, he says some weird stuff at times.

Paxi

He talks nonsense these days. It’s a shame as he started out well as a pundit /commentator.

I thought that it was bull -- him having a ghost writer or the like... but now I believe it. No way you can go from being absolutely excellent to giving Jamie Redknapp run for his money.

Paxi

Comes to something when Carragher seems to consistently speak more sense about Utd than Neville does.

What does Gary think we should do? Throw the 1/4 finals to make sure we qualify for next year?

It's the Liverpool thing that gets to me. I mean has he never heard of momentum in football and in life in general?

Carragher is scarcely likeable.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
I'm not watching sky sports but they don't seem bizarre views.

I'd be worried about our fixture pile up as I was even under Fergie when we got to the latter stages of the tournament.

Also the league is the holy grail for Liverpool and they don't have a big squad, not the end of the world if they solely have to focus on the league.

Djemba-Djemba

I'm not watching sky sports but they don't seem bizarre views.

I'd be worried about our fixture pile up as I was even under Fergie when we got to the latter stages of the tournament.

Also the league is the holy grail for Liverpool and they don't have a big squad, not the end of the world if they solely have to focus on the league.
But what do you suggest we do?

Throw the cup games as early as possible to concentrate of finishing 4th?

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
But what do you suggest we do?

Throw the cup games as early as possible to concentrate of finishing 4th?
I don't know what Neville suggested but there's nothing we can do except hope for the best. Might be a case of Solskjaer needing to be clever with rotation, either way it's fine to say it's a concern.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
I don't know what people expect from Neville and the like, it's not like footballers are rebound for their reasoning, intellectualism and debate skills, more than half of them are as thick as a thunderstorm sandwich.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Forgot about this thread title :lol:

IrishRedDevil

He talks about one point for far too long. He talked about the De Gea mistake for a solid 5 minutes while the rest of the game becomes a sideshow.

DLE

Alternative for Docklands Light Rail
I don't know what people expect from Neville and the like, it's not like footballers are rebound for their reasoning, intellectualism and debate skills, more than half of them are as thick as a thunderstorm sandwich.
What’s a thunderstorm sandwich? What’s on it?

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
He's a miserable plonker all-round. Only ever focuses on the negatives regardless of which match/team he's giving an opinion on.

Irish Jet

Supports
Anyone but Rashford
Lifelong fan. Local lad. Nearly 20 years of brilliant service.

A bad interview and he’s bad.

Trash fans.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea

You'd think he started following football yesterday.
Fairly sure he made the point about Liverpool as the league clearly means 100x more than the CL to them so it makes sense to prioritise it. I doubt he thinks United should do the same but after being pulled up on it today he probably had to agree to avoid looking like a hypocrite.

Paxi

Fairly sure he made the point about Liverpool as the league clearly means 100x more than the CL to them so it makes sense to prioritise it. I doubt he thinks United should do the same but after being pulled up on it today he probably had to agree to avoid looking like a hypocrite.

Yeah I get that perhaps a league title is more important for Liverpool but what do you say to players? What kind of message does that send? One of the most uninspiring things I've heard. Moyes' level.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Lifelong fan. Local lad. Nearly 20 years of brilliant service.

A bad interview and he’s bad.

Trash fans.
This.
He’s an absolute tit as a pundit and commentator.
And probably this.

From the little I know, he’s a die hard Red and served us for 2 decades. Winning and doing more for this club than most of us combined. Yet he’s “dead to some people”. Don’t understand it myself.

Paxi

This.

And probably this.

From the little I know, he’s a die hard Red and served us for 2 decades. Winning and doing more for this club than most of us combined. Yet he’s “dead to some people”. Don’t understand it myself.

He's definitely not dead to me. I loved him as a player. I'm really thankful for everything that he has done for the club and of course he has done more for the club than any of us; -- that doesn't make him any less of a terrible pundit that he is. He is terrible.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
He’s having a mare today. Seems incapable of forming an opinion that isn’t based on the scoreline.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
He's definitely not dead to me. I loved him as a player. I'm really thankful for everything that he has done for the club and of course he has done more for the club than any of us; -- that doesn't make him any less of a terrible pundit that he is. He is terrible.
Nothing wrong with that bud. Just the more extreme views I tend to find weird.

cyberman

Wasn't as bad as Tyler. When he matter of factly said it was Arsenal who dominated the FA cup game we won 3-1 I knew how the commentary would go.
Ole said it was the hardest game of the season don't you know..

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
Similar to ou views on Souness. What he did for our club as a player and Captain was nothing short of remarkable. Doesn't mean that he's worth listening to as a pundit though. (Souness' stint as a manager didn't help his cause to be fair)

sam147

Neville knows whats required. Ole cant say it because he is trying to angle for the job. At least Neville isnt disillusioned with the quality of the squad. He came out and said we need 3 defenders, a Midfielders and a striker. He knows the quality needed for United to challenge and must be burning seeing city and liverpool at the top. Its clear to anyone how much quality we lack yet fans are more worried about 'Lairds' development rather then being worried about having Ashley Young at RB. The Glazers are loving the academy obsession seeing as they wont have to spend as much.