Gary Neville

Pagh Wraith

:houllier:
I'd rather Ray Hudson.
Instead of focussing on de Gea he surely would have found the words to praise Xhaka's shot!

He's been conducting the orchestra and this time he steps up and plays solo violin on his Stradivarius and sweeter music you'll never hear. This shot has more curves to it than Jessica Rabbit on steroids.

Last edited:

Thunderhead

Supports
City
amazing to see the difference in Neville, when he was a player he was detested by the majority of fans from other clubs, now as a pundit there is a grudging respect for him from fans of other clubs, yet United fans seem to be the other way round.

Mick321

Don't see what he said so bad yesterday and he was screaming for a pen when the ball hit their defenders tits. :D

ExecutionerWasp001

He's obviously on a decent wage so doesn't want to seem too partisan towards Utd. Will have obviously seen what happened to Summerbee & won't want to go down the same way. He has gone too far the other way though now & is much too effusive in praise for our rivals.

Maxii

Paad
I really like him as a pundit. I think a lot of people look into what he’s saying a bit too much. Him and Carragher are the best thing to have happened to sky sports in a long time. Now I’ll be shot for saying this but I don’t think Souness is too bad either :nervous:.

I thought Henry was awful and I’m glad he’s keeping the tradition going of sky sports pundits making terrible managers elsewhere. Hopefully Redknapp does the same and goes away.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Really dislike his lack of faith in us. Not what a true fan is about.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
It was, but it makes for a likeable guy as well. I like Neville and if people expect him to be robotically sycophantic then that says more about them than Neville.
I agree. I think he's fallen into a few traps in his punditry career so far. He stuck up for England lads he worked with when they did things he'd normally read the Riot Act for, he went hard on United players and officials without giving Jose due criticism and I think he's started to do the BSkyB/News Corp classic of over-hyping his criticism to generate heat online and on phone-ins etc. Some of this behaviour has been mildly irritating but for me I still really like him and it's as clear as day he's still a big United fan, so he'll do.

Judas

Open to offers
He quite clearly loves the club, anyone disputing that is weird, but its that passion and desire to sound impartial at times which makes him come across like an annoying idiot.

Carragher has the balance much better.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Erm, what exactly did Neville say/do wrong yesterday?

People get so riled up by pundits, it's weird.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Needs to bore off with his piss negative commentary (in general, not just United games).

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Thread title still gives me a chuckle every time I see it :lol:

tomaldinho1

That comment on the tackle was more an insight into how dirty he was as a player, in a derby he'd be studs up and 'following through' as much as possible

Seriously though, he's got the benefit of replays and he's a defender - should know better

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Theyve explained how it's not a follow through and his leg couldn't go anywhere else, and he replies with "with that follow through I've seen them given"

Then he agrees with a VAR review whilst thinking it's not a red.

DRM

He's just irritating now. Wish he'd feck off

Vadim

He was fine tonight. Some of you just need someone to moan about it seems.

Boycott

He was right when he said there wasn't more that some players could do.

Roy played with some duds at United. Forget that they wear a United shirt. A mediocre player is still a mediocre player. United had some mid-table level players who gave it their all but mid-table players lack of sharpness turns out.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.

Roy played with some duds at United. Forget that they wear a United shirt. A mediocre player is still a mediocre player. United had some mid-table level players who gave it their all but mid-table players lack of sharpness turns out.
To me he was saying we're shit if you read between the lines.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Yeah, I thought he dealt with Keane pretty well
Nah, Keane was just running his mouth as usual.

Nev was at least putting some thought into what he was saying
He knows Keano as well as any player, and he can say the opposite to get a reaction. Keano was pissed off last night with what he saw. Nev was trying to put a perspective on it and Keano was as passionate as usual- but was he wrong on any point?

Boycott

To me he was saying we're shit if you read between the lines.
Absolutely. When someone said "he's playing for Man United he's got to do better" I wish he responded that if these players were in a West Ham shirt which is where they belong we wouldn't be so scathing. It is what it is.

SteveW

He knows Keano as well as any player, and he can say the opposite to get a reaction. Keano was pissed off last night with what he saw. Nev was trying to put a perspective on it and Keano was as passionate as usual- but was he wrong on any point?
Not wrong but as you said, lacking perspective. Ole is stick with what he has until the transfer window.

lsd

The Oracle
I don't like Neville at all but even I felt sorry for him when Carragher totally embarrassed him over the Lingard tackle .

I doubt Carragher ever gets a chance to school anyone the way he did Neville

poleglass red

I think that was one of his main points, great players make those around them better, make those around them raise their game. We don't have those types of players right now.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I don't like Neville at all but even I felt sorry for him when Carragher totally embarrassed him over the Lingard tackle .

I doubt Carragher ever gets a chance to school anyone the way he did Neville
Thought he was going to spit in his face

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
I think this thread might be the most stupid thread I have ever seen in the caf.

There's some serious competition too, like. Impressive feat.