Gary Neville was dead to me | Reborn as a Dragon

nickm

Woodward's performance over the past 18 months has been shocking in pretty much all ways. People didn't want to hear it earlier in the season as it all helped to get mourinho out the door, but the truth is he hasn't made a single correct decision with sporting impact for 18 months now, except hiring solskjaer as interim manager (promptly cancelled out by jumping the gun on contract extension again).
This. Enough is enough. He's out of his depth on the football side. Step aside or go.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
This portrait of Woodward is pretty shocking and all too believable

https://lazyfansports.com/ed-woodward-problem

Wouldn't be surprised to see another summer of Woodward picking the targets, maybe a token concession or two to solskjaers plans.

As much as I appreciate what he is doing to your club, the fact is that people like him are a cancer on the game as a whole. Absolutely vile.

clarkydaz

Wouldn't be surprised to see another summer of Woodward picking the targets, maybe a token concession or two to solskjaers plans.

As much as I appreciate what he is doing to your club, the fact is that people like him are a cancer on the game as a whole. Absolutely vile.
that's a scary article, I hope more stuff like this publicly leaks to expose him. Neville will know a lot more than us and him strongly calling Woodward out suggests a lot of this to be true.

He is hijacking and self harming the club

SapperBRed75

I wonder how much of this is substantial. Really interesting that two highly experienced and world renowned coaches (LvG and Jose) state arguably their greatest achievements were to deliver a trophy or 2nd place despite Woodward’s influence.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

:lol: State of that. Was it written by a child?

Obviously, it’s hard to say anything positive about Woodward but as takedowns go, that’s an embarrassing effort. 3/10. Must try harder.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Terrible article, it’s all over the place

This amused me

The £31 Million experiment of Memphis Depay ended in flames incredibly quickly, despite the fact he was urged by several senior scouts that Woodward was not ready for Premier League football.
Poor Ed, not good enough for playing and not good enough CEO

Affirmation

He just said on Sky Sports News that City are the best PL team ever and that it can be argued that Pep is the best manager also. Crazy.

predator

Youth NITK
That video of the city fans throwing the beer at him is just pathetic. Neville has won more than their entire club though so I guess they are still bitter towards him. Half of them were Stockport county fans originally.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Great dodge by Gary though.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
feck off Gary. 2008 United for me.

Josep Dowling

No evidence 'we have a source', poor grammar throughout. The journalist has taken some truth that most United fans will be aware of and filled in the blanks. When we bought Bailly everyone said he was a Mourinho signing, now all of sudden he's a Woodward signing?

noodlehair

"It's like..."

The most depressing thing about this article is it's either been very cleverly though out or it is credible.

Though I don't really think you need to read between the lines too much or look for inside sources to see what Woodward is about anyway.

It's written all over the convenient press leaks whenever he gets criticised and general behaviour of the club, which he is the CEO of.

The bit about Jose is the one striking thing for me, as it does explain pretty much all of Mourinho's weird and out of character behaviour. He'd have had a meltdown anyway as I don't think anyone can handle his ego, but the first two years when he's been so good for other teams he already seemed to constantly want to give up at United. He was publicly lamenting the club's lack of attention to what's best for the team within weeks of starting the job. At the time everyone just put it down to LVG...but there was no way for example he had much of a say in the club's pre season plans when they had already decided to sack him 8 months earlier.

Pogba missed penalty vs Wolves

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
This guy is such an ABU prick. All this ‘the only reason I’m holding back on Pogba’ and ‘typical selfish Pogba’. He clearly has no idea who our designated penalty taker. We’re all pissed we missed, but no need to turn it into some Pogba-bashing.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
This guy is such an ABU prick. All this ‘the only reason I’m holding back on Pogba’ and ‘typical selfish Pogba’. He clearly has no idea who our designated penalty taker. We’re all pissed we missed, but no need to turn it into some Pogba-bashing.
He didn't say anything that loads of posters said in the match day threads. He's a caftard at heart.

Oggmonster

He's not slating Pogba though that was his point at first but then realised more and didn't blame Pogba.

I think for all the people saying Neville has some kind of agenda at United seem to have an agenda against him. It's honestly not hard to not watch him there's plenty of football content about.

DRM

Jesus christ talk about sensationalism. Pogba missed a pen, Ole and united will sort it out, there isn't some sort of massive conspiracy here Gary ffs.

"THERE'S SOMETHING WRONG. ITS JUST NOT RIGHT" - Neville :rolleyes:

UncleBob

The most depressing thing about this article is it's either been very cleverly though out or it is credible.

Though I don't really think you need to read between the lines too much or look for inside sources to see what Woodward is about anyway.

It's written all over the convenient press leaks whenever he gets criticised and general behaviour of the club, which he is the CEO of.

The bit about Jose is the one striking thing for me, as it does explain pretty much all of Mourinho's weird and out of character behaviour. He'd have had a meltdown anyway as I don't think anyone can handle his ego, but the first two years when he's been so good for other teams he already seemed to constantly want to give up at United. He was publicly lamenting the club's lack of attention to what's best for the team within weeks of starting the job. At the time everyone just put it down to LVG...but there was no way for example he had much of a say in the club's pre season plans when they had already decided to sack him 8 months earlier.
:lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He didn't say anything that loads of posters said in the match day threads. He's a caftard at heart.
The point is, if Pogba is the penalty taker, which last season would suggest he is, then he’s just a footballer who missed a penalty. There is no suggestion it was Rashford’ penalty to have ‘taken off him’ in the first place. There’s no need to start pushing some ‘selfish Pogba’ narrative here at all. Out of order to come out with ‘I’m thinking, typical selfish Pogba’ etc.

Dobba

He should do, considering the system was explained by Rashford eight fecking days ago, on the channel he works for.
The point is, if Pogba is the penalty taker, which last season would suggest he is, then he’s just a footballer who missed a penalty. There is no suggestion it was Rashford’ penalty to have ‘taken off him’ in the first place. There’s no need to start pushing some ‘selfish Pogba’ narrative here at all. Out of order to come out with ‘I’m thinking, typical selfish Pogba’ etc.
There is. Sky Sports stick their stuff on YouTube now and it'll take tons of clicks.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Thought he was going to say something racist about Pogba. "Typical you, you selfish -pause.-".

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
He's not slating Pogba though that was his point at first but then realised more and didn't blame Pogba.

I think for all the people saying Neville has some kind of agenda at United seem to have an agenda against him. It's honestly not hard to not watch him there's plenty of football content about.
The fact that Neville's go to response was to call Pogba selfish says it all though. It's hardly news though, we all know most ex players don't like Pogba for his public persona

SteveW

They played well tonight. Great attitude, really unlucky not to win away to Wolves which is a game fecking nobody wins.

Gary's spent 10 minutes acting like the club is a mess over a missed penalty. "Something's not right, something's not right"

fecking idiot.

Dan_F

I can understand touching on it. But feck me. The game ended 15 minutes ago and all they’ve done is play replays and literally pretend then know what the players are talking about.

How does he know that Paul didn’t step forward against Chelsea and say to Rashford “yeah you take it, you got this”.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Whoever sagging Pogba for taking the penalty is an utter drama queen and ignorant. He's out designated penalty taker so whenever there is a penalty he'd tale it normally.

Now if the manager feels like he's missed quite a few now and we need a new taker than that's another issue altogether but as of right now him taking penalties isn't some sort of selfishness or whatever nonsense people want to preach.

Emotions are high but for Christmas sakes some people need to calm down especially feck in Neville. He acts like a bitter brat at times.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
feck off. Last thing we need is the his sorry ass piling on the pressure on our best player.

Does he not realize that our win or lose is completely determined by Pogba? Literally no chance of above 8th finish without Pogba.