Gary Neville was dead to me | Reborn as a Dragon

OldSchoolManc

Neville is now the opposite of a homer. What exactly is he trying to gain? He is surely tainting his United status with his unbalanced views.

Kag

Squad players forced to start because the rich guy ahead of them can't or won't run anymore, or is injured, shouldn't be held to the standards of world stars like Pogba. What's the point of pointing out Lingard is limited at the top of the game? I'm sure his own mother would agree.
Lingard isn’t a squad player. He’s been starting massive matches for club and country for three or four years now. You can’t just give him a free pass to play like a dickhead.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Now tearing into Fred and casually adding £10m on his price tag :lol:

He's a total wanker.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Lingard isn’t a squad player. He’s been starting massive matches for club and country for three or four years now. You can’t just give him a free pass to play like a dickhead.
It's because Jesse is English. He would never say anything close to what he said about Fred if he's talking about Lingard

On Fred “you you buy someone for £60m quid (he was actually £52m), you expect them to be really good!”

Most would say it’s stating the bloody obvious on Fred. But he’s 100% right. Poor player.

It's because Jesse is English. He would never say anything close to what he said about Fred if he's talking about Lingard
Nothing like being anti-English - well done you.

He said that Lingard would be a good squad player, and he shouldn’t be a first team player earlier in the match. But perhaps you couldn’t hear him talk over your xenophobia...

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Can he stop being repetitive?! He keeps saying ups and downs. There have been next to no ups this season. He's high as a kite.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
''Really good game to watch, gave their all, season of ups and downs'' he said. More like don't sack my mate Ole. Go home, you're drunk Gary.

Anustart89

Nothing like being anti-English - well done you.

He said that Lingard would be a good squad player, and he shouldn’t be a first team player earlier in the match. But perhaps you couldn’t hear him talk over your xenophobia...
But he's not a squad player. He's a main player for United and should be judged as such. It's just an easy out for him so he can gloss over the fact that he's made one point in nine months as a no 10.

Even a squad player should perform better than that, but it's a convenient out for him to avoid criticising him.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
His two-minute tirade against Fred was bizarre. Plenty of opinion about a player still adjusting to the league but nowt about Lingard, Young, Rashford et al who are stinking the place out week after week in a United shirt.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Keane talking sense at the end, saying he doesn't know what game Gary was watching and there's not much Ole can take from this. Even that seems refreshingly honest in comparison, which says it all.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
His two-minute tirade against Fred was bizarre. Plenty of opinion about a player still adjusting to the league but nowt about Lingard, Young, Rashford et al who are stinking the place out week after week in a United shirt.
In the context of Nevillandia it was weird but in the real world he was spot on.

M Bison

Supports
York City
He was correct. Fred cost £50m+, he said for that money you expect a quality player, where’s he wrong in that statement?!

starman

:lol:

He was asked a specific question by Tyler about Fred, but don't let that affect your clear agenda you have against him

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Neville has just made the most shite argument in support of OGS on Sky.

He says That he didn’t like the team last 2-3 seasons but he really likes the one now. Even though United would have won more with those players who they let go.

Discussion that he refused to point out the alarming and worst start that United has in 30 years. Didn’t address lack of effort from players, style, passion, cluelessness of manager and the board.
So now that Solskjaer is finally starting to be questioned by the media, Neville is trying to use his media position to shift the narrative, into blaming the players instead? Nice...

Says it all about Neville doesn't it? Putting himself and his mate over what's best for the club. Solskjaer could relegate us and he'd still say it's the players fault. (Ironically, look at the table & our form).

Almost like he thinks a manager has no influence over a team... but he knows from Valencia, just how how much damage an incompetent manager can do!

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Problem is players revert to their inner young selves after they stop playing and unfortunately many of them are just inadequate to talk in public. That said, Gary Neville is improving imho, he was just terrible two or three years ago.

fergiesarmy1

So now that Solskjaer is finally starting to be questioned by the media, Neville is trying to use his media position to shift the narrative, into blaming the players instead? Nice...

Says it all about Neville doesn't it? Putting himself and his mate over what's best for the club. Solskjaer could relegate us and he'd still say it's the players fault. (Ironically, look at the table & our form).

Almost like he thinks a manager has no influence over a team... but he knows from Valencia, just how how much damage an incompetent manager can do!
Most of these players deserve to be blamed for the shit performances they put in regularly though, amazed they aren’t criticised more to be honest.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Most of these players deserve to be blamed for the shit performances they put in regularly though, amazed they aren’t criticised more to be honest.
I don't disagree, of course. But the players is all that Neville ever goes on about.

He should be the first to realise the effect that, an incompetent manager can have on the team. Yet, he's completely silent on the performance of the manager. That's the problem.

He's not being objective in his analysis because Solskjaer is his mate. Yet he's in a position of influence. Are you not concerned about that?

Erics_Collar

Where is Scholes these days? Couldn't go a week without speaking out against Jose, but strangely quiet when it's his buddy that's struggling.

fergiesarmy1

I don't disagree, of course. But the players is all that Neville ever goes on about.

He should be the first to realise the effect that, an incompetent manager can have on the team. Yet, he's completely silent on the performance of the manager. That's the problem.

He's not being objective in his analysis because Solskjaer is his mate. Yet he's in a position of influence. Are you not concerned about that?
Well I’m not for sacking Ole yet but he should be objective.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Where is Scholes these days? Couldn't go a week without speaking out against Jose, but strangely quiet when it's his buddy that's struggling.
I think it’s just a case of not being on the BT panel anymore rather than him looking out for his “buddy”.

Irwin99

Strange, he was laying into them in virtually every match i've watched with him on Sky this season. His opinion seems to oscillate from 'the top red, 'give him time' when he's not watching the team to 'my god this is shite' when he's commentating on them.

Skills

Snitch

Neville himself has admitted that he won't ever call out a manager. Which means he's a bit useless at his job.

The biggest problem is that, Neville is just massively intellectually challenged. He's good for a sound bite on Sky, but you're not going to learn anything of value from him.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Neville himself has admitted that he won't ever call out a manager. Which means he's a bit useless at his job.

The biggest problem is that, Neville is just massively intellectually challenged. He's good for a sound bite on Sky, but you're not going to learn anything of value from him.
Except he hasn't. He said he'll never go on a witch hunt demanding managers to lose their jobs. He calls out managers for poor choices all the time.

The biggest problem here is all the intellectually challenged posters like yourself who are incapable of actually listening to everything he says and decide to pick and choose whatever you want to hear to suit your incessant moaning about everyone and everything.

Ban

Except he hasn't. He said he'll never go on a witch hunt demanding managers to lose their jobs. He calls out managers for poor choices all the time.

The biggest problem here is all the intellectually challenged posters like yourself who are incapable of actually listening to everything he says and decide to pick and choose whatever you want to hear to suit your incessant moaning about everyone and everything.
Imagine calling Neville intellectually challenged..

Josep Dowling

Neville was talking sense until he defended Ole fully and made out we have gone a different direction, how exactly?

We are targeting youngsters and that’s about it. Can’t believe I fully agree with Souness. Ole let Lukaku and Sanchez go and didn’t replace them for whatever reason.

Last edited:

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
He's making the good point that the change of direction from Di Maria/Falcao/Schweiny/Sanchez to Maguire/AWB/James is at least a good start, but getting drowned out by Souness carping about 'where's the change of direction?'. No shit it doesn't look like a positive change Graeme, because we're still in a complete mess, but that's a valid point Neville's making.

On the other hand he's point blank refusing to criticise Ole, who for sure deserves stick at this point. Glazers, Ed, injuries, the state of our squad post-Fergie are huge problems not of Ole's making but he's removed even the shaky baseline the likes of LVG and Jose put in place for us and is plumbing new depths.

LJJT

Neville can’t win on here. Gets bashed for criticising the club and players one day, then criticised for being Oles mate. Thought he tried to defend us and ole quite well tonight, first time I’ve seen him try row with Souness and think he was up for chinning him and Redknapp at one point which I would have been all for,

Stacks

Neville can’t win on here. Gets bashed for criticising the club and players one day, then criticised for being Oles mate. Thought he tried to defend us and ole quite well tonight, first time I’ve seen him try row with Souness and think he was up for chinning him and Redknapp at one point which I would have been all for,
The problem is in not giving an objective view. The rowing is warranted. Neville does not give an honest assessment. It's partisan and non objective so should be challenged

LJJT

The problem is in not giving an objective view. The rowing is warranted. Neville does not give an honest assessment. It's partisan and non objective so should be challenged
This isn’t the BBC. I’d rather he sticks up for us and defends us a bit against the two scousers than just adding to the current shit storm. Fair play to Gary in my view. Wish he was involved in the running of the club,

LARulz

This isn’t the BBC. I’d rather he sticks up for us and defends us a bit against the two scousers than just adding to the current shit storm. Fair play to Gary in my view. Wish he was involved in the running of the club,
So does he hence his lack of criticism, and Old is his mate. He is a pundit and is paid to give an honest assessment. Sticking up for the club you support for no reason/against all evidence is ridiculous. I like Neville a lot and see him around often, but he is not doing his job. I am certain if this was Chelsea or someone he'd be saying the opposite

Bale Bale Bale

Supports
Spurs
Don't really see the issue with what he's saying. I mean Utd sacked their last three managers so why is sacking the 4th one going to end any differently?

LJJT

So does he hence his lack of criticism, and Old is his mate. He is a pundit and is paid to give an honest assessment. Sticking up for the club you support for no reason/against all evidence is ridiculous. I like Neville a lot and see him around often, but he is not doing his job. I am certain if this was Chelsea or someone he'd be saying the opposite
Well the scousers on sky talk shit about their team for the last 20 years so I’m not going to write a letter to sky about Gary’s lack of objectivity any time soon just cos he’s trying to defend us this season. I don’t think he does want to be involved at United cos he can’t as he owns Salford so that blows that theory

Eric7C

Don't really see the issue with what he's saying. I mean Utd sacked their last three managers so why is sacking the 4th one going to end any differently?
We will take it ending the same - cause right now, we are heading toward relegation.

limerickcitykid

Lack of criticism? He criticised everyone involved with the club today. Criticised the board and the way the club is being run. Criticised the manager in how the team is being set up. Criticised the players for their performances. Where was he lacking? What because he doesn't come out and just start calling everyone shit his criticisms don't count? Just because the man has a bit more decorum and intelligence expressed in his views doesn't change the fact he criticised everything today and routinely criticizes several parts of the club. What more are you expecting other than wanting him to become some fool like Souness? Shall he act more like posters on here and just call everything and everyone shit and just bitch and moan about everything and how everything is always going to be terrible?

limerickcitykid

United have been changing players for 6 years, why would changing them again end differently.
Which Neville agrees with. Changing players every year with no direction won't end differently. His entire point actually, the biggest issue at the club is from the top and the actual plan going forward. Changing managers and players every year hasn't worked and it won't work until we have an actual plan and idea to follow through with.