Gary Neville was dead to me | Reborn as a Dragon

Yagami

Good post resistant
Can't imagine they'd be too many Sane football fans that would either
I think the sane thing to do is to protect your face if a ball like that is heading straight towards it. The same way players put their hands in front of ttheir balls.

JulesWinnfield

West Brom Fan
Would everyone be happy to miss out on CL if it means someone doesn’t have take one to the face?
Genuinely baffling people are defending a player on this. If a player dodges a 50/50 are people going to start defending them nowadays because the player doesn't want to get hurt?

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I think the sane thing to do is to protect your face if a ball like that is heading straight towards it. The same way players put their hands in front of ttheir balls.
It's a contact sport, every time they step foot on the pitch they risk broken legs, torn muscles all sorts. If they're scared of being hit in the face then they shouldn't be on the pitch

DDROGBA

Anyone who says he would have been knocked out if he didn't throw his hands up is wrong in my eyes.

I've seen Robert Huth throw himself in front of harder cannons at closer range, he got up immediately.

it was embarrassing!

Yagami

Good post resistant
Would everyone be happy to miss out on CL if it means someone doesn’t have take one to the face?
This is the thing. If we miss out on top 4 it's not going to be because of this incident. It's going to be because of our inability as a team to require the points throughout a whole year.

Tel074

Some of our fans are very sad.

So long as we win who cares about a players safety.

@horsechoker , you're spot on with your Bailly comment.
No player should ever raise their hands in that way . Turn your back or anything you just don't throw your hands up like that

Yagami

Good post resistant
It's a contact sport, every time they step foot on the pitch they risk broken legs, torn muscles all sorts. If they're scared of being hit in the face then they shouldn't be on the pitch
It is, but i don't think that means you should blindly let a ball hit your face when it's struck as hard as Rice's shot was.

Yagami

Good post resistant
No player should ever raise their hands in that way . Turn your back or anything you just don't throw your hands up like that
True, but in that moment, he just went off instinct to protect his face. I don't think he even had time to think about it as it was goiung that fast. That's why - as disappointing as it was - I'm lenient to the situation.

Ace of Spades

I mean, the shot was not going on target anyway, Pogba could have ducked if he did not want to get hit.

Neville maybe harsh on him at times, but he has given away two of our last three league goals, without which we would be guaranteed top 4 by now.

Dante

Average bang
You have three options in that situation:

1. Get in the way of the ball for the sake of your team, but risk getting hurt
2. Duck
3. Raise your hands

A footballer is literally paid not to do point 3.

Instinct is no excuse. If anything, it's an indictment against Pogba's professionalism that he would let his instinct take precedence over his training.

Yagami

Good post resistant
You have three options in that situation:

1. Get in the way of the ball for the sake of your team, but risk getting hurt
2. Duck
3. Raise your hands

A footballer is literally paid not to do point 3.

Instinct is no excuse. If anything, it's an indictment against Pogba's professionalism that he would let his instinct take precedence over his training.
i completely disagree.

Scholes punching the ball against Zenit and refusing to come off the bench in his younger days was a lack of professionalism. Pogba protecting his face was not.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
People accusing him of being racist need to give their heads a shake Jesus Christ.

There’s complaints to be made against Neville but some of you properly despise him.
I've read through all the post since the game and no one has accused him of being racist, that you've just made up.

I've seen implication of him being xenophobic in his footy and that itself isn't far from the truth. He has his English bias while he rip into foreigners. How many time have you heard Neville go over the top on Maguire who had cost us goals 2 or 3 games in a row? Never. This tells you everything.

Heck ask yourself this question: How many times has Neville gone on some embarrassing rant when it comes to Pogba or a Martial or DeGea(When he just joined us)? Quite a few times but you'd never hear him go on embarrassing rants on any English player, not even Lingard. The fact the likes of Pogba, Martial, DeGea have gotten far worse criticism compared even to the likes of Lingard is another telling truth about Neville and his English bias. like someone mentioned, he is an Englander.

Dante

Average bang
I've read through all the post since the game and no one has accused him of being racist, that you've just made up.

I've seen implication of him being xenophobic in his footy and that itself isn't far from the truth. He has his English bias while he rip into foreigners. How many time have you heard Neville go over the top on Maguire who had cost us goals 2 or 3 games in a row? Never. This tells you everything.

Heck ask yourself this question: How many times has Neville gone on some embarrassing rant when it comes to Pogba or a Martial or DeGea(When he just joined us)? Quite a few times but you'd never hear him go on embarrassing rants on any English player, not even Lingard. The fact the likes of Pogba, Martial, DeGea have gotten far worse criticism compared even to the likes of Lingard is another telling truth about Neville and his English bias. like someone mentioned, he is an Englander.
Rubbish. He criticises English players all the time. You're just ignoring it because it fits in with your own prejudices.

Ronaldo's ego

Incorrectly predicted the 2020 US Election
I'm better than Messi (even though I'm not)
This is the thing. If we miss out on top 4 it's not going to be because of this incident. It's going to be because of our inability as a team to require the points throughout a whole year.
So if De Gea makes a horrendous mistake on Sunday and costs us CL it doesn’t matter because you know, we weren’t good enough the previous games.

lsd

The Oracle
Gary Neville on racism, Brexit and Boris Johnson:

Accusing him of supporting any of those things is ridiculous.

If you can't take the fact someone has a different opinion from you, it's not okay to slur them into silence.

Who in the public eye is going to admit to those especially being a racist ?

I think he is prejudiced against non english players as he has shown bias again and again however as far as being a racist him denying he is a racist is not going to prove anything is it ?

Yagami

Good post resistant
So if De Gea makes a horrendous mistake on Sunday and costs us CL it doesn’t matter because you know, we weren’t good enough the previous games.
A season is 38 games, to be fair. What we do in those previous 37 will have been just as important as in the last one. However, it will definitely hurt more being the last game for sure.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
I don't disagree with what Gary was saying but some posters on here are correct to point that there was hate and disgust in his voice when he was talking about the Pogba incident.

Evra taking a dig at him or being silent on Rashford's terrible performance was funny.

Last edited:

lsd

The Oracle
Anyone who says he would have been knocked out if he didn't throw his hands up is wrong in my eyes.

I've seen Robert Huth throw himself in front of harder cannons at closer range, he got up immediately.

it was embarrassing!

Not as embarrassing as Gary Neville beating the ground like a baby having a tantrum against Man City because he didnt get a penalty for a clear dive. That was embarrassing

Dante

Average bang
Who in the public eye is going to admit to those especially being a racist ?

I think he is prejudiced against non english players as he has shown bias again and again however as far as being a racist him denying he is a racist is not going to prove anything is it ?
Are you willing to admit you're racist? Because if you are, then I'll believe. But if you're not, then I won't believe you.

Logic.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
This forum sure has a strange hate boner for one of the biggest Manchester Utd fans in the world.

lsd

The Oracle
I don't disagree with what Gary was saying but some posters on here are correct to point that there was hate and disgust in his voice when he was talking about the Pogba incident.

Evra taking a dig at him what for being silent on Rashford's terrible performance was funny.

He clearly has a personal hate of Pogba and is unable to disguise it . Evra knows it we know it everyone with a brain can see it .

However he gets paid a lot of money to be a pundit on Sky not to air out his personal vendettas and if he is unable to do that properly which appears to be the case then he should lose his job

lsd

The Oracle
Are you willing to admit you're racist? Because if you are, then I'll believe. But if you're not, then I won't believe you.

Logic.

You are the one posted a video if him answering a question about a disgraceful incident which occured proves he is not ?

Again no one said he was racist he is clearly prejudiced though against certain people . Hard for him to be racist when he fawns over Rashford yet sits on the edge of his seat ready to spew hatred on Pogba and some others at the slightest opportunity

Yagami

Good post resistant
How is that inexplicable? You have a rocket flying straight at your head and your brain will tell you to get it the feck away from your head in a reflex. And no you don’t have hindsight or a minute to think it through and weigh up whether it’s not better to just take the hit, it all happens in a miili second.
This is why I love you. Some sense at last!

SirScholes

It’s individual errors like this though

RedDevil@84

It is, but i don't think that means you should blindly let a ball hit your face when it's struck as hard as Rice's shot was.
Turn your back or duck, like normal players do. At worse, put your hands on your face. Just don't put your hands up in the air inside the box.
It is a stupid thing to do. Blaming it on instinct is worse.

shahzy

He couldn't wait to lay into Pogba.

Rather have Carragher commentate our matches
Ive always found Jamie to be the better commentator. Neville tries to parade around like his isnt biased and tries to show everyone he isnt biased by being biased against united players. In addition he will only ever talk shite about non english players. Note to everyone on here claiming he isnt racist, hes xenophobic clear as day. There is a difference between the two. On top of that there is a houlier than thou attitude he has. Thinking like he knows everything. If he did know everything he wouldn't have been a failed manager. As you can tell there is a lot to dislike about the fella

Players like Rashford, Maguire, Lingard (Lol) will never be talked about by Neville unless to highlight how great their game was. Pogba and Martial however, just look back to the last 2 years of commentary Neville has done. Constantly berating them. As far as i care he can feck off frankly.

Atleast with Carragher he doesnt try to hide the fact that he is biased however he still gives a fairer objective point of view of other teams when commentating.

Edit: just to try and make it clear. Im not excusing Pogba for his game today. All im saying is Neville cant wait to lay into the Martial's and Pogba's of this team as soon as they have a bad game whilst the english players get a pass time and time again.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Couldn't find a thread to put this in so apologies if it should be elsewhere.

Just finished watching the match and get an advert of Gary brown nosing Klopp on a couch in what i can only assume is in Klopps office at melwood.

I get that he is doing his job and all that but how many ex Pool players turned pundits come into Carrington and interview our manager ? That's right none, it shouldn't happen.

They shouldn't be asking him to do that and he should be refusing to do it.

Am i over reacting here ? I really don't think i am being unreasonable to be honest.
I've been upset with Gary since he didn't boycott playing away games at Anfield.

DDROGBA

Not as embarrassing as Gary Neville beating the ground like a baby having a tantrum against Man City because he didnt get a penalty for a clear dive. That was embarrassing
I would say that's close...more people will probably remember pogba being afraid of the football in the long run...either way one has nothing to do with the other.

Dante

Average bang
I am bemused how people get so upset with what he said

Neville's first instinct is to defend Paul Pogba.

Gary's problem is that he's a Pogba-fanboy who's first reaction is to defend his favourite player before even looking at the evidence.

Gee Male

He clearly has a personal hate of Pogba and is unable to disguise it . Evra knows it we know it everyone with a brain can see it .

However he gets paid a lot of money to be a pundit on Sky not to air out his personal vendettas and if he is unable to do that properly which appears to be the case then he should lose his job
Or, maybe, Pogba could not be a complete fanny and then Neville won't have to point it out?