Gary Neville was dead to me | Reborn as a Dragon

arnie_ni

Neville spot on, as usual.

He stops just short of calling the media racist. But you can tell he wants to call the Sun out on it.

It'd be very much in keeping with his own anti-racist stance.
Could have sworn nev was racist Dante.

He criticised pogba for a handball

BazzaBear

Definately Banned
Do you get the feeling they've had that story for ages, and were waiting for something else to happen to make it a bigger deal?

Fluctuation0161

Maybe someone should tell him who Pogba plays for then
I can see why Pogbas lack of commitment to the club in the past would rub him up the wrong way.

I also think Neville sometimes tries too hard to be impartial so criticises United unduly. But in this case he is spot on.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
I understand the cries on twitter about Gary's hypocrisy here. This is the problem when someone is as biased against certain individuals as Neville is. While what he said about Greenwood is right and should be commanded, because of his attitude toward certain players this has come off hypocritical.

Gary talked about the media reaching a point where they've started victimizing players, in this case Greenwood then a quick look at Neville's history one would quickly see he has had an agenda on the likes of Pogba where he conducted himself unprofessionally and took it way too personal. In some cases he had to be called out.

Instances such as his rant against Pogba for having died his hair blue before we played City, He went on a pathetic rant, calling Pogba a disgrace and whatnot but had he not been waiting for any chance to slag Pogba he's have realized or found out that he had his hair died blue because he'd just came from international duty and died his hair in blue colors of France.

Then you have the incident with Pogba's tweet after Mourinho's sacking where after being called out he doubled down(probably to save himself from embarrassment given he realized he overreacted and was wrong). Adidas even had to confirm the schedule and their involvement on that tweet but Gary was still acting pathetic over it.

There is also the infamous rant over the penalty incident. When you think about all those cases then listen to Gary talk about being uncomfortable seeing the media victimize players, it makes one roll their eyes and watch in pure disgust when he tries to preach the good word.

clarkydaz

I understand the cries on twitter about Gary's hypocrisy here. This is the problem when someone is as biased against certain individuals as Neville is. While what he said about Greenwood is right and should be commanded, because of his attitude toward certain players this has come off hypocritical.

Gary talked about the media reaching a point where they've started victimizing players, in this case Greenwood then a quick look at Neville's history one would quickly see he has had an agenda on the likes of Pogba where he conducted himself unprofessionally and took it way too personal. In some cases he had to be called out.

Instances such as his rant against Pogba for having died his hair blue before we played City, He went on a pathetic rant, calling Pogba a disgrace and whatnot but had he not been waiting for any chance to slag Pogba he's have realized or found out that he had his hair died blue because he'd just came from international duty and died his hair in blue colors of France.

Then you have the incident with Pogba's tweet after Mourinho's sacking where after being called out he doubled down(probably to save himself from embarrassment given he realized he overreacted and was wrong). Adidas even had to confirm the schedule and their involvement on that tweet but Gary was still acting pathetic over it.

There is also the infamous rant over the penalty incident. When you think about all those cases then listen to Gary talk about being uncomfortable seeing the media victimize players, it makes one roll their eyes and watch in pure disgust when he tries to preach the good word.
'Treatchery' was the word i believe he used over the penalty incident

Santoryo

ripping the reward
'Treatchery' was the word i believe he used over the penalty incident
Oh yeah I remember it. I was left baffled how he spent half an hour on that penalty incident. In my mind I'm thinking this is just one of the many penalty misses we've seen in football games but in reality Gary is ranting over it, making and willing an issue out of it. His treatment of Pogba is the definition of the media targeting and victimizing a player.

Ironic listening to him talk about it.

Dante

Average bang

:lol:

Rants and bias.

lsd

The Oracle

Great post which some people here will ignore . Neville defending Greenwood from media criticism while at the same time being guilty of completely over the top criticism of Pogba is totally hypocritical.

Tarrou

Fair play to Gary for sticking up for Greenwood here. I hope Ole comes out and has a dig at the press too, proper Fergie style.

He's young and made a couple of silly mistakes, it's no big deal and everyone at the club should rally around and support him 100%.

He's at United and he's going to be a superstar so it comes with the territory.

Becks and Rooney had to deal with it. Top characters use this kind of stuff for motivation to prove the doubters wrong. When Becks got tonnes of shit after the 98 world cup he thrived off of it and just got better. Ronaldo too.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Poor when after witnessing the game restart with a drop ball following Rashford's injury he said he was surprised the ref hadn't stopped the game and Townsend had put it out.

Ref did stop it otherwise it wouldn't have been a drop ball in the first place.

Not exactly a big deal but that confused me, was wondering what he was on about. He was probably miffed about us not getting the free kick and lost track of what actually happened.

Last edited:

RashyForPM

This is like having one of you lot on co-comms! Palace fans must be going mental.
I imagine it must be irritating for Palace fans to seemingly be watching MUTV, but what do Sky expect when putting a United legend and fan on co-commentary?

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
I imagine it must be irritating for Palace fans to seemingly be watching MUTV, but what do Sky expect when putting a United legend and fan on co-commentary?
It is bananas. They've got enough "experts" to avoid it but they actually do it on purpose. Alan Smith is doing the Arsenal game now and I bet Carragher is doing the Chelsea v Liverpool game tomorrow.

RashyForPM

It is bananas. They've got enough "experts" to avoid it but they actually do it on purpose. Alan Smith is doing the Arsenal game now and I bet Carragher is doing the Chelsea v Liverpool game tomorrow.
Yeah it is stupid to be fair. Or maybe not, if their goal is to hope for a meltdown by the club legend should his team lose.

At the end of the day, meltdown = revenue.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Poor when after witnessing the game restart with a drop ball following Rashford's injury he said he was surprised the ref hadn't stopped the game and Townsend had put it out.

Ref did stop it otherwise it wouldn't have been a drop ball in the first place.

Not exactly a big deal but that confused me, was wondering what he was on about. He was probably miffed about us not getting the free kick and lost track of what actually happened.
The Palace player put it out didn't he?
But either way Neville meant "Immediately", which as a head knock it should have been,

It was an obvious foul either way.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Yeah it is stupid to be fair. Or maybe not, if their goal is to hope for a meltdown by the club legend should his team lose.

At the end of the day, meltdown = revenue.
I guess so. Kinda feel sorry for Arsenal that they get Alan Smith as their "Legend". I'm actually quite happy Chelsea don't ever have anyone on co-comms. We sometimes get an ex-player in the studio for half-time but I never watch that anyway.

Chipper

Adulterer.
The Palace player put it out didn't he?
But either way Neville meant "Immediately", which as a head knock it should have been,

It was an obvious foul either way.
After the whistle went, booted it away in frustration that play was called back.

romufc

Everyone apart from the club can see the issues. The board must have some blinkers on.