Gavi and Pedri

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Let's see how they do against us in Feb over two legs. My money is on Casemiro Eriksen outperforming them.

NoPace

The next Xavi and Iniesta
The styles are somewhat different but positionally it's identical. Even down to Gavi maybe ending this tournament as the LW so they can get Rodri or another CM into the team to stiffen themselves up in the knockouts.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Gavi is a pitbull, but Pedri is a proper top tier central midfielder. 86/92 passes in 57 minutes yesterday. He’s doing that in his first World Cup match at 19!

DWelbz19

Let's see how they do against us in Feb over two legs. My money is on Casemiro Eriksen outperforming them.
We’ve lost midfield battles against weaker pairings in the PL this season, I wouldn’t hold my breath.

cyberman

We’ve lost midfield battles against weaker pairings in the PL this season, I wouldn’t hold my breath.
Like who? Problem with the two is the lack of creativity.
Plus Barca have been overrun though midfield numerous times this season.

DWelbz19

Like who? Problem with the two is the lack of creativity.
Plus Barca have been overrun though midfield numerous times this season.
Fulham and Villa more recently. Brighton and Brentford first two matches (though that was pre-Casemiro) and the possession will skewer massively in our favour for those two, but that’s mostly because those teams beat us early in those matches and sat deep to counter.

I think we should beat Barcelona, but I very much see them having the ball more frequently in higher areas of the pitch.

cyberman

Fulham and Villa more recently. Brighton and Brentford first two matches (though that was pre-Casemiro) and the possession will skewer massively in our favour for those two, but that’s mostly because those teams beat us early in those matches and sat deep to counter.

I think we should beat Barcelona, but I very much see them having the ball more frequently in higher areas of the pitch.
If you have to go back to the first two games it kind of waters down your point?! And I wouldn’t say we lost the midfield battle to Fulham.
We are the polar opposite to Barca who seem to struggle in big games and against teams who directly attack them. Should be a good game and I expect us to win and play well.

mctrials23

Gavi is a pitbull, but Pedri is a proper top tier central midfielder. 86/92 passes in 57 minutes yesterday. He’s doing that in his first World Cup match at 19!
Both look quality but I wouldn't put any stock in that match yesterday. Costa Rica were absolutely abject. Didn't even turn up. I think Spain would have had more of a competitive game against their under 15s. They just didn't even bother closing the Spanish players down or putting pressure on the ball.

Spain are a good side but my word Costa Rica made them look absolutely sublime.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Gavi stood out to me more tbh, he was spectacular to watch, his technique is incredible.

Pedri's numbers are top drawer though.

Pair of them are very, very special players.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
I, too, rate Pedri far higher than Gavi. Pedri looks like a player that could be dominant at his positon while Gavi has a tendancy to disappear on the ball when things get more complicated. He still runs a lot but get sloppy and uninspired. Of course Gavi is a big talent but I just don't "feel" he'll be a top player. He didn't convince me at all in C1/C3.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
I, too, rate Pedri far higher than Gavi. Pedri looks like a player that could be dominant at his positon while Gavi has a tendancy to disappear on the ball when things get more complicated. He still runs a lot but get sloppy and uninspired. Of course Gavi is a big talent but I just don't "feel" he'll be a top player. He didn't convince me at all in C1/C3.
What is C1/C3?

I think Gavi could eventually become a Verrati-style pivot. Both share similar characteristics in the game.

Amazing Santos

The latest Tiki Taka midgets merchants. No patch on real men's football of the style of Sam Allardyce's Bolton Wanderers.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Pedri is probably the most complete teenager I’ve seen since Fabregas, for whatever that’s worth. Gavi is more raw but his ceiling is just as high. Both will be top 5 in the world in the future surely. In fact Pedri probably already is one of the top 5 midfielders.

MUnchies

USA outplaying England, not even shocked to be honest. England can't handle any team that keeps the ball well.

wangyu

They will run rings around us, not going to be pretty sight

GMoore23

I wanted us to test the waters for Pedri with a cheeky bid summer 2021. Could've been our Fabregas or even better.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
What is C1/C3?

I think Gavi could eventually become a Verrati-style pivot. Both share similar characteristics in the game.
Champion's league/europa league.

I'm not sure about Gavi's style, he's far more physical than Verratti but I doubt he'll ever have the silky foot and insane close control Verratti already had at Gavi's age.

MVBDX

Supports
Real Madrid
They are pretty good indeed, but I prefer Tchouameni & Valverde over both.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
They are pretty good indeed, but I prefer Tchouameni & Valverde over both.
You're comparing apples and pears. Also, none of them has Pedri's raw talent, not even close. Valverde is a good player, very good this season after struggling a bit in the past 2 seasons, but he's 24. Tchouameni is also talented but plays at a very different position. You might change your mind when Modric is retired because Real Madrid will seriously lack creativity and consistancy in the midfield.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Pedri is probably the most complete teenager I’ve seen since Fabregas, for whatever that’s worth. Gavi is more raw but his ceiling is just as high. Both will be top 5 in the world in the future surely. In fact Pedri probably already is one of the top 5 midfielders.
He's far more complete than Fabregas. I don't think we've ever seen a teenage midfielder as good as Pedri to be honest. Genuine chance by the end of his career he's the greatest midfielder ever

Gavi, still too early to tell what he can be, but he's really good, too

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
Taking a chance here to look like a total tit in 90mins time but…I honestly fail to see what is so special about either of them.

Pedri I kinda get, good on the ball, calm under pressure, vision to boot. Gavi runs a lot I guess, haven’t seen either of them really showcase why they are somehow considered the next Xavi/Iniesta.

Not saying they are bad, they are good players. But imo, just that: good players. Nothing special about either one of them.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Taking a chance here to look like a total tit in 90mins time but…I honestly fail to see what is so special about either of them.

Pedri I kinda get, good on the ball, calm under pressure, vision to boot. Gavi runs a lot I guess, haven’t seen either of them really showcase why they are somehow considered the next Xavi/Iniesta.

Not saying they are bad, they are good players. But imo, just that: good players. Nothing special about either one of them.
Probably too early to compare them with Xavi/Iniesta. But they are definitely the most talented/promising young midfield pairs in the world right now.

Stadjer

These two are still so young...Xavi wasnt even considered a world class midfielder until Pep became the Barcelona manager. Barcelona almost sold him to Chelsea and Mark van Bommel started a CL final over Xavi.

Gavi is still very young so ofcourse you 'dont see' the Xavi and Iniesta comparison.

Both Barcelona midfielders have more than 10 year to reach that level and right now are ahead of where Xavi and Iniesta were when those two were 20 and 18.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!

Supports: Real Madrid

Yep.

Goldfiessli

Supports
FC Basel
Just imagine how could Gavi could be, if he knew how to tie his shoes properly.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
It'll be quite something when they lift the trophy in a few weeks time.

Shiva87

They are looking very good. They bossed the midfield today with Kimmich and Gundogan in their area.

This works cup could just show us how good they are against top class midfielders. If Spain meet Brazil or Belgium, it would be a cracker of a midfield battle.

here’s hoping that Zidane Iqbal develops and outshines them both!