Gavi

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
How many good games has Gavi had?

I have no idea about him because I don't watch him but it's like he has had a full good season the way people talk about him.

DaGOAT

How many good games has Gavi had?

I have no idea about him because I don't watch him but it's like he has had a full good season the way people talk about him.
Too many to count at this point, honestly.

For people following Barca and the youngsters in La Masia Gavi was highly rated. Now Gavi has played a lot for Barca’s first team in his debut season. He’s currently the first sub for either Frenkie or Pedri. When Pedri was injured Gavi started in place of him for Barca. Consistently one of the best players.

Technically he is a classic Barca player but what is almost more impressive how tenacious and physically adept he is at tender age of 17 and given his stature.
He's not even physically matured yet. You could say he is Gattuso and Iniesta rolled into one.

People couldn’t believe Luis Enrique picking this unknown (for non-Barca fans) youngster after very few matches for Barca, yet Gavi ended up running the midfield for Spain vs Italy. Outplayed Verratti and the likes that match. And really just continued like that for Barca.

Edit:Gavi’s new contract is in final stages & a final meeting needs to happen to secure a deal. It’s not completed yet because of the salary structure situation, but the feeling from all sides is that it’s just a matter of time. For Araujo, patience. @FabrizioRomano

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I don't know how accurate those soap opera drama stories are but it might be worth a try to go after him if it has any semblance of truth into it.
He might not be looking to stay in barca if that's true.

Edit:
Here's the soap opera rumours.

And here Laporta attacking his agent over negotiations of his contract:

From Forbes

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I don't know how accurate those soap opera drama stories are but it might be worth a try to go after him if it has any semblance of truth into it.
The Piqué sleeping with Gavis mother story? Very obvious bullshit.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
The Piqué sleeping with Gavis mother story? Very obvious bullshit.
I've seen dumber things but yeah probably bullshit.

Him (or his agent)dragging on the contract negotiations is real though as LaPorta talked about it a week ago I think.

ShinjiNinja26

Edit:
Here's the soap opera rumours.

And here Laporta attacking his agent over negotiations of his contract:

From Forbes
Gavi’s mum is a milf though! :drool:

ilrm

Supports
Real Madrid
I don't know how accurate those soap opera drama stories are
If there is even a semblance of credibility, Madrid should be all over this. If Gavi feels betrayed, hurt and humiliated he might want to get back at Barca and what better way to do this?
Also - there are rumors about Barca needing to repay €500 million by end of June. This kid is totally worth a €100 million bid (assuming no fitness issues). Would be a fantastic false 9 or winger for us. Then no need to chase Mbappe in 2024. We can focus on rebuilding our defense (assuming midfield is sorted by then).

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
If this is true (skeptical) Barcelona will sooner dump Pique to secure Gavi long term. Hasn’t been at his peak for a while. Maybe you could re-sign him instead..

Red the Bear

Something less generic
If there is even a semblance of credibility, Madrid should be all over this. If Gavi feels betrayed, hurt and humiliated he might want to get back at Barca and what better way to do this?
Also - there are rumors about Barca needing to repay €500 million by end of June. This kid is totally worth a €100 million bid (assuming no fitness issues). Would be a fantastic false 9 or winger for us. Then no need to chase Mbappe in 2024. We can focus on rebuilding our defense (assuming midfield is sorted by then).
I doubt Barcelona would ever sell to a direct rival like Madrid, even if it's true.
The shitstorm would be fun to watch though .
If this is true (skeptical) Barcelona will sooner dump Pique to secure Gavi long term. Hasn’t been at his peak for a while. Maybe you could re-sign him instead..
Pique seems to be in bed with Barca's higher management for whatever reason.

Last edited:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I doubt Barcelona would ever sell to a direct rival like Madrid, even if it's true.
It's Spain. His release clause is €50M reportedly

Pique seems to be in bed with Barca's higher management for whatever reason.
Because he's literally been keeping them afloat financially over the last few years :lol:

Bwuk

Piques crossed the line if that’s true. Don’t see how he can be accepted in the dressing room after that.

Dan_F

They haven’t even identified his mum correctly in the picture according to the Twitter thread. That’s his sister and his mum is on the right of the picture.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I don't see the problem unless she is married.

JPRouve

Scout
Pique was in a relationship and he cheated on the mother of his children, how it is not a problem. Or you cant cheat only if you are married.
This is the Gavi thread, people are suggesting that it's an issue for the dressing room. The only way it could be an issue for the dressing room is if Gavi's mother is in a relationship. Otherwise from that pov, I have no issue. Piqué's relation with his own wife is none of the dressing room problem.

JPRouve

Scout
Banging your teammates mum behind his back is not on.
It's not that simple first you don't know how new it was or not and you wouldn't start by sitting a 17 years old down and explain to him that you fancy his mum. And I wouldn't use the term banging.

Red_toad

I don't see the problem unless she is married.
He‘s married though, Shakira has problem with it she’s filing for divorce currently. I hope getting his end away was worth it. I don’t see whatever her martial status is as there not being problems.

Elcabron

It's Spain. His release clause is €50M reportedly

Because he's literally been keeping them afloat financially over the last few years :lol:
How has he been doing that? Not just a pay cut surely?

JPRouve

Scout
He‘s married though, Shakira has problem with it she’s filing for divorce currently. I hope getting his end away was worth it. I don’t see whatever her martial status is as there not being problems.
I don't see the issue with it being Gavi's mum, as if from a dressing room standpoint. Piqué's own side of the story is only his business.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
Gavi is a midfielder, and with enormous potential. He doesn't have the speed to play winger or enough of a goal to be a false 9.
It's like putting Xavi or Iniesta in those positions.

Trophy Room

They are not married but nevertheless who the feck would cheat on Shakira with Gavi’s mom?:nervous:

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout

Pique and Shakira are not and never have been married. Nobody is filing for divorce.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Unfortunately, he is going to renew. He has been at the Masía for too long.
His mother is not with Piqué, who is apparently with a 20-year-old waitress

Kaushal

They haven’t even identified his mum correctly in the picture according to the Twitter thread. That’s his sister and his mum is on the right of the picture.
The buck tooth one ?

Remember the geese

Is he married? I remember Gary Neville the other week on the Overlap, asking him why he wasn't married :confused:

Elcabron

In theory he is close to renewing but there are some discrepancies. They are negotiating.
Thanks, I was actually asking how it is that Pique is keeping Barca afloat financially.

What's your view on de Jong actually, would you sell or keep? Do you need him with Gavi and Pedri?

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Can someone quickly put together an Fbref of Gavi's mum and Shakira so I can set my outrage accordingly?

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Gavi is a midfielder, and with enormous potential. He doesn't have the speed to play winger or enough of a goal to be a false 9.
It's like putting Xavi or Iniesta in those positions.
Iniesta often played wide left.