Gavin Bazunu

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Might as well start a thread for the other Irish teenage (potential) future star. Even though he plays for City (ugh)

Proper new school goalkeeper. So good with the ball at his feet. Saved a penalty from Ronaldo last week. Wise beyond his years and gives great interview.

Apparently grew up as a massive United fan. Here’s hoping we can - for once - take advantage of someone winding their contract down and leaving for a free.

CM

He looks a good talent. He's been the standout in an otherwise very average Ireland team recently.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Might as well start a thread for the other Irish teenage (potential) future star. Even though he plays for City (ugh)

Proper new school goalkeeper. So good with the ball at his feet. Saved a penalty from Ronaldo last week. Wise beyond his years and gives great interview.

Apparently grew up as a massive United fan. Here’s hoping we can - for once - take advantage of someone winding their contract down and leaving for a free.
We need one of those. Although we consider ourselves to be stocked with DDG and Henderson much better to keep one and add a GK who can pass.

Deery

Dreary
Manchester United and Ireland number one (2022)

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
We need one of those. Although we consider ourselves to be stocked with DDG and Henderson much better to keep one and add a GK who can pass.
His passing is different class but even his off the ball movement is quality. Looks to make himself available all the time. Almost played like a quarterback last night. It makes such a difference to the way the team plays. Actually had me wondering if our academy should be looking to convert promising young outfield players into goalkeepers. I think the shot-stopping side of the game might be easier to learn than a good range of passing with either foot.

One thing’s for sure, one-footed hoof-ball keepers have no place in a modern team.

Withnail

You never know. He's that good I can't see him being happy playing in the Championship for long and Ederson's only 28.

Brilliant to have a player like him in the Ireland set up. A couple more like him and Andrew O and we'll be laughing.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Reminds me of a shay given type
Oh, I loved Shay but this guy has the distribution aswell. Looks to have a mind boggling ceiling. I've been blown away by him. His next move will be interesting. I'd 100% trust him in the prem.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Oh, I loved Shay but this guy has the distribution aswell. Looks to have a mind boggling ceiling. I've been blown away by him. His next move will be interesting. I'd 100% trust him in the prem.
Get a room

Name Changed

weso26

Best save I’ve seen this season.
Amazing save. Class goalkeeper, at only 19. Great head on his shoulders also.

It'll be interesting to see what City do with him. Surely a loan to a Premier League club must be on the cards for next season.

BerryBerryShrew

It's another plus of having Kenny in charge. He gives young talents a chance which gives them greater exposure. If Bazunu wasn't being selected for ROI he would probably be 4/5 years away from Premier League football irrespective of talent level.

Now he's pulling off wondersaves and saving Ronaldo pens. To be honest, I hope we're all over him st the end of season to take over from DDG. But if not another side at the upper end of the Premiership would be wise to move for him. Donnarumma level talent for me.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
looks like he’s the real deal. you love to see it. He’s got no notion of getting past ederson though so he should be thinking of moving on. He’ll get a PL move if he keeps this form up. He’ll have buy backs and sell ons and all that jazz. Basically what we should have done with Henderson a few years ago. Get decent money for him but keep a stake in his future

Oranges038

Contracted to City until 2024.

If he gets a good run at a PL team on loan and plays like he has for Ireland, he could very easily take over from Ederson after that.

Red00012

It's another plus of having Kenny in charge. He gives young talents a chance which gives them greater exposure. If Bazunu wasn't being selected for ROI he would probably be 4/5 years away from Premier League football irrespective of talent level.

Now he's pulling off wondersaves and saving Ronaldo pens. To be honest, I hope we're all over him st the end of season to take over from DDG. But if not another side at the upper end of the Premiership would be wise to move for him. Donnarumma level talent for me.
He plays with City

Still ill

He's going to be a superstar. Ederson has years left in him. No way Bazunu can hang around that long. There'll be a reckoning sooner or later. No doubt in my mind that he'd be great in the prem immediately. Grounded, humble but self assured and afraid of nothing. I'd give anything to see him at United.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
He's going to be a superstar. Ederson has years left in him. No way Bazunu can hang around that long. There'll be a reckoning sooner or later. No doubt in my mind that he'd be great in the prem immediately. Grounded, humble but self assured and afraid of nothing. I'd give anything to see him at United.
Ederson will be a similar age to Cech when he was replaced by Courtois around 2024 time.

Guess it boils down to whether he's happy to bide his time on loan like Courtois did.

Still ill

Ederson will be a similar age to Cech when he was replaced by Courtois around 2024 time.

Guess it boils down to whether he's happy to bide his time on loan like Courtois did.
Well, that kind of loan, where you're battling it out at the top of la liga, is pretty rare. We'll see.

Oranges038

I know. But it's not like we're trying to sign Rodri or Foden. City don't value him and there is zero chance of them dropping Ederson for Bazunu. Therefore he's attainable.
They don't value him? He's signed a new deal last year and is contracted until 2024 and he is only 19. He spent last year out on loan and now this season again. If anything that shows they do value him and see it as the ideal way for him to develop, rather than leaving him stay in the u23, he's getting a real life football learning experience in a tough league. Not many 19 year old keepers have 2 full seasons of league football and 10 international caps to their name. I wouldn't be surprised to see him on loan in the PL next year

didz

Reports that Southampton are on the verge of signing him for £11m rising to £15m following Fraser Forster's departure.

His long road to Old Traffold begins!

Red00012

Reports that Southampton are on the verge of signing him for £11m rising to £15m following Fraser Forster's departure.

His long road to Old Traffold begins!
I’d imagine there’s a few clauses written into that contract