Gavin Bazunu

didz

I’d imagine there’s a few clauses written into that contract
They had some mad clause when they sold Brahim Diaz to Madrid. Something like a 50% sell on clause if it was to another club in Manchester. Still though!

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Good move for him, he will be playing regular Premier League football now. If he continues to perform as he has for Ireland then Man Utd should move for him next year. Even if City have a buyback clause, Ederson is going nowhere. He also grew up a Man Utd fan apparently. Best young keeper in the world.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
That’s a really good move for him. He will have little competition and it will be a team that plays into his style of keeping.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
They had some mad clause when they sold Brahim Diaz to Madrid. Something like a 50% sell on clause if it was to another club in Manchester. Still though!
Surely that would violate freedom of movement laws?

didz

Surely that would violate freedom of movement laws?
It's previously unheard of and pretty dodgy, but we're talking about Man City here.

I guess the argument would be that sell-on clauses are allowed, Real Madrid has every right to accept/reject whatever offer they choose to and the player is only impacted if the buying club (us) chooses not to pay whatever the selling club consider to be a fair price.

So it therefore becomes a financial deterrent rather than an obstruction - we could still sign him, just the seller would be more inclined to rinse us.

Robbie Boy

It would be a fantastic move for him; he's coming off the back of a really impressive season for Portsmouth!

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
It's previously unheard of and pretty dodgy, but we're talking about Man City here.

I guess the argument would be that sell-on clauses are allowed, Real Madrid has every right to accept/reject whatever offer they choose to and the player is only impacted if the buying club (us) chooses not to pay whatever the selling club consider to be a fair price.

So it therefore becomes a financial deterrent rather than an obstruction - we could still sign him, just the seller would be more inclined to rinse us.
Understood at City... :lol:

Even when we're at our lowest they still can't help but think about us, can't wait until we become a success again. :drool:

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Great move for all concerned. Can't wait to see how he gets on. Massively impressed with him.

macheda14

Forster’s off to Spurs so looks likely. Fantastic keeper. Great bit of business by Southampton. City are selling a better keeper than anyone at United. Annoying.
Or does this mean we can go for him in a year or twos time, which we wouldn’t have been able to do? Result.

AaronRedDevil

Reason why we haven't won the PL. We've no irish players. Just bad luck english players.

Last edited:

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Very impressive today I thought.
The kicking and sweeping up especially.
Been a while since we've had a regular Irish starter as well. Will keep an eye on him and AKB this season.

GlasgowCeltic

City should've kept him, whoever replaces Pep will want a keeper who does actual goalkeeper things

FeedTheGoat

Supports
Man City
He will be bought back inside 2 years.
Ortega is our starting goalkeeper before the end of of the season I think, been very impressed by his feet, and then after that we will begin planning for Bazunu in my opinion

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Yeah, he looked really good. Was a bit jealous.

Oranges038

He will be bought back inside 2 years.
Ortega is our starting goalkeeper before the end of of the season I think, been very impressed by his feet, and then after that we will begin planning for Bazunu in my opinion
For what it's worth I think he's actually already a better all round keeper than Ederson ever was or will be. Ederson is just better on the ball and he hasn't really done a lot wrong goalkeeping wise because City don't concede many chances.

Bazunu will only get better at that aspect with experience. He has all the tools to be one of the best in the world.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Saints fans seem to have mixed opinions on him, some writing him off already, others saying the potential is obviously there, etc. But one fairly consistent complaint seems to be that he just doesn't save much. Which, if you look at the four goals conceded yesterday, seems valid enough. None of them glaring errors or anything, but you'd hope your keeper could maybe keep a couple of them out.

Thunderhead

Supports
City
Saints fans seem to have mixed opinions on him, some writing him off already, others saying the potential is obviously there, etc. But one fairly consistent complaint seems to be that he just doesn't save much. Which, if you look at the four goals conceded yesterday, seems valid enough. None of them glaring errors or anything, but you'd hope your keeper could maybe keep a couple of them out.
if I were a Saints fan I'd be more concerned about the 4 defenders in front of him, what the defender was attempting for the first goal I've no idea. Reckon Ralph's time must be up too, they looked awful yesterday

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
if I were a Saints fan I'd be more concerned about the 4 defenders in front of him, what the defender was attempting for the first goal I've no idea. Reckon Ralph's time must be up too, they looked awful yesterday
Was sacked this morning.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Been the same for Ireland recently too. Letting shots through you’d like to a think a really top keeper might keep out.

Yong and lernin though.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Quite an important thing that. He seemed to have a growing reputation based on his passing ability.

avgp_1

Yeah his shot stopping hasnt been impressive. Remember the goals against Wolves and Villa earlier on that should have been saved, and then let in a fairly simple one against Armenia

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
The stats apparently back that up, unfortunately:

https://www.the42.ie/bazunu-southampton-5915135-Nov2022/

Hopefully just teething problems and a lull in form that he'll work his way through.

JuriM

Bella Kotchap and Caleta Car should be first choice cb's with Saliba first backup. But due injuries and Ralph struggling to get a solid defensive setup he has changed the defense a lot and it's not been helping Bazunu either. He seemed very solid as the season started.

MUnchies

Overrated like I been saying since the season began. Some of the goals he let in was shocking, the hype was all down to him saving a Ronaldo penalty.

MUnchies

Eh, no. It wasn’t.
I know the initial hype started because of his age starting for Ireland, the Ronaldo penalty save hyped him up over the moon. Literally every game he played after that, the commentators will bring up the penalty save and they still do.
In fact he was so unknown that alot of fans on here were like "we should sign him" before being told, he played for Man City. Let's not act like he has ever been on some world class run.

Noot

Supports
Manchester City
I know the initial hype started because of his age starting for Ireland, the Ronaldo penalty save hyped him up over the moon. Literally every game he played after that, the commentators will bring up the penalty save and they still do.
In fact he was so unknown that alot of fans on here were like "we should sign him" before being told, he played for Man City. Let's not act like he has ever been on some world class run.
the hype came from a genuinely fantastic season at Portsmouth.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
Along with a fantastic performances Vs Serbia ( I think) and Portugal that pretty much cemented him as the Irish number one.

Edited to add saves vs Serbia

mu4c_20le

Which is odd, because it was league one. I too thought it was his international performances that really elevated his reputation, and am surprised to see him struggle with his shot stopping right now. Henderson had a far superior season at Sheffield and wasn't hyped as much as him.

MUnchies

Henderson also had an extraordinary season with Sheffield United. What's your point? He is still hyped up to what he isn't.

cyberman

To be fair he’s stupidly young to be a first choice keeper at an EPL club.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Yikes